As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Jester fools around in the Gathering Storm

Bought the tile for the encampment at Edirne.

Decided to risk going for Pingala since I'll get another governor title in three turns. I can upgrade a warrior into a swordsman for +2 era score (iirc) and I can get Suzy status (+3 era score) with Brussels if I get Mysticism (3 turns after Military Tradition.)
Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

"Switch Myst T57" killed the golden age I would have gotten. Should have stayed on Mysticism (interface showed three turns). When I checked T57, the number went up to four turns so I apparently needed the culture overflow to get Mysticism in time. Oh well, mistakes happen.

Global lurker smile ; played in Civ VI PBEM 4, 5, 15; DL suboptimal Civ VI PBEM 17

Hope this doesn't bite me later. Istanbul will get out a settler for the close by northern spot before building the Ancestral Hall. Edirne will build ancient walls first then get out a settler for the jungled spot near my western archer. It's looking like I might not end up promoting Magnus because I really can't afford to move Pingala from Istanbul.

Istanbul has a builder at 66/70 cogs that I'll finish after I switch policy cards (otherwise the overflow will be wasted.)

Surprise? Not really...knew Woden was going to attack but thought he would wait until he had his horseman units out. I was watching his horse stockpile but probably should have just declared back when I could have killed his scout earlier. Well the scout is dead now and I'll just repair the iron mine. Not sure if I can get ancient walls up in time to save the encampment. I think I'm dead regardless though. Woden has double my iron income and also has enough horses right now to build three horseman. Not a fair situation, but then again, everyone wanted a random map. With a random map unbalanced gameplay is unavoidable.

One Immortal killed.

Kinda getting my rear kicked.