As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Maybe, maybe not. If I take and keep Australia and get a large part of Russia as well I could become Target #1 as I'd be threatening a runaway. Australia is the prmary conquest target - the follow-up decision is whether or not to keep Russian cities or raze them as I go. I think that'll partly depend on loyalty issues.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah they may well decide we are a big threat and work together. They may well decide we are at softer target.

We certainly need to manipulate it so we are doing the targeting as best as possible. it's in our favor that we have been good neighbors to both perhaps. Anyway hopefully that's for 30 turns from now.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 100

Archduke and Kaiser have both accepted my DoF offers. I’ll be able to proceed unmolested (except for potential DoF blocking) for the next 28 turns or so. No change in city defense at Shikishima.

Al and OC have finished their walls and their next builds (trader and library) are underway. The trader will go to Have a Good Time for a possible trade route to Big Brother. Move the galley by Runic and that’s the only non-theater move this turn.

At Shikishima I unlink the chariot from the jong and move the jong to the southeast just in case I want to disembark the chariot. That reveals the Russian city on Big Island:

CMF appears to have evacuated the swordsman. Galley moves to the chariot’s position, the quadrireme shoots the city, reduces it to zero damage and…

Apparently reducing a city garrison to zero counts as killing a unit. crazyeye Galley takes the city; I keep it, rename it Hearts and Bones and start walls. I also move the citizen from the coffee to the jungle hill for a little added production. Check out the territory split:

The borders show that the ivory is part of Proof but the tile is actually part of Shikishima. I can’t yet swap it over to Proof because the mountain blocks the contiguous path to that city. That’s fine, the ivory is still mine. There are no loyalty issues here and the city will be fully loyal in two turns.

The solo jong appears to be locked in movement by the ZoC of the formerly Russian city. I unpair the next jong in line and it has no problem coming south. Chariot repairs with the now-lead jong by moving through the city, sword moves to the original lead and both jongs open fire. I don’t full kill the city because I forgot to link the units to the ships. No matter. It could be dead in a turn or two. Swords pillage the pastures and the builder moves up to the now-pillaged improvement. Both rear jongs shoot the gap and are now in the southern channel.

Vladimir Monomahk will loyalty flip in 9 turns; that gives me the option of taking the city now (and suffering occupation penalties) or later (taking it as a free city). Roland, any thoughts on this? I can buy a jong here in three turns and use it to keep the city’s defenses low while it goes free (and XP farm the jong), then take it with one of the swords. That’ll also let me move one of the swords back north. I’ll also need to check back next turn – loyalty change is currently -11.9 but Under African Skies will gain a population next turn and that will cause rebellion on Turn 108 instead of Turn 109.

Final positions in this neck of the woods:

Down in Australia:

Seems he’s either had a change in plans, perhaps? That leaves me with figuring out where to send Confucius. If I stay on land he gets sent back to Hearts and Bones. I re-embark and will go defog the area near the capital. I send the galley up to the English city to defog it. I just need to get a 1-tile gap in the coastal fog to its north and uncover the city center to make it trade route eligible.

A two tile jog to the NE should get the defogging complete.

Ljubljana’s added another 22Icon_Gold trade route – his income is up to 68 per turn now. Australia got another unit out but their income is -6 per turn. I’m also losing 2 diplomatic favor per turn due to excess grievances.

With everything going on I forgot to tell you what is past Mercenaries – it’s Medieval Faires.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

might be a bit fancy what if he puts a governor in. Tying up units for ages.

i should have 4 trade routes in about 10-12 turns for medieval faires

Good point. The city will get captured the turn after next. I'll shoot it with the last jong in line, move the swords into position and use them to take the city the turn after next. Quads and galley will continue south with the main fleet and the one jong will catch up.

good work on naval tradition Eureka BTW.

I will get you the boost for stirrups. we don't have beakers to waste.

I complete that in two turns....the boost isn't needed. Save your gold though since I might need to upgrade a chariot or two.

(April 9th, 2021, 19:04)suboptimal Wrote: I complete that in two turns....the boost isn't needed.  Save your gold though since I might need to upgrade a chariot or two.

I complete it in 2 as well. Switch your research to something else. 

I will have one of those 22 gold trade routes in 2 turns as well. Buying a trader with faith next turn.

i worry about where that sword went. could cause problems if still on the island. Most likely though he knew what was coming and once the builder was gone took it home for a proper defense.

Turn 101

Busy turn so just as well it is Saturday.

Military tactics and mercenaries in.

[Image: 93OEf3I.jpg]

[Image: Q1YQbyj.jpg]

Golden age is in. Unfortunately only Woden missed out on one.

[Image: lpv7Jnh.jpg]

I chose monumentality, free enquiry is so strong but i am not set up for it and China loves mnumentality.

[Image: H6jSjVU.jpg]

I am no longer Suze of Antanarivio woden is upsetting me.

[Image: pdW1Cib.jpg]

fortunately i have 3 spare envoys

[Image: 7e7pSjL.jpg]

In the nw i shoot with the archer and attack with spear and warrior. All going well next turn the camp is gone.

[Image: RB5N5lq.jpg]

researching Stirupps. Didn't see subs post and still think it best for me to do it. save you a turn sub at least.
[Image: wb6ZPaB.jpg]
start on civil Service as never getting that inspiration.

[Image: fvGj7Wt.jpg]

Buy the tile for TOA

[Image: ooDS9Je.jpg]

2nd charge into oracle.

[Image: wW3VByA.jpg]

Get frustrated a lot as for this turn i don't have the extra movement on builders from monumentality because it was coded by 5 year olds.

need to do some policy swaps.

from this

[Image: 0duxwMQ.jpg]

to this

[Image: ibivye7.jpg]

need faith and need builders. also still building walls.

Sub i take Suze of Valletta in 2 turns no matter what when my new convert religion quest completes. If you want the Era score take it now.
[Image: o1DoY8U.jpg]

[Image: x0UnLLB.jpg]

Since the age rolls I'll be taking suzerainty of it this turn. Don't worry about the duplication of effort in Stirrups, that's going to happen.

The World Congress will meet when the save makes its way around next. When your turn comes around coule you post the resolutions for discussion before we vote so that we can coordinate? I expect that the others will do the same.