As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Anti-Tanks weren't in Vanilla, actually.

Two shots tell more than half the whole story of this turn:

[Image: redownarrow.png]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

defensive pacts in MP are a funny thing.

So, dtay-pile?

(May 24th, 2014, 12:58)Ceiliazul Wrote: defensive pacts in MP are a funny thing.
So, dtay-pile?
I think you need at least a third dog to make it a pile. One interesting wrinkle I'd forgotten; the DoW cancels the Defense Pact, so at least I'll be getting Grecian trade routes during the festivities.

This war is also at pretty low risk to myself. Here's a little chart I'd little to show you all...mischief

So, there we are. I also scouted about East Germany (nee India) a bit; looks like there are quite a few troopers around but one critical lack? One kanone in the whole of that region. Clearly most of them are in or near Babylon. The raze of the Finarry capital was Commando, by the way, I'm sure...Aggressive plus Statue of Zeus is scary.

Anyway, I declared on Dtay and for an appetizer I killed all his fleet elements in range, rather effortlessly at that. He just landed Arty so he'll have real fleet units soon, I'll enjoy it now. I love the transport combat animation, by the way, *brrrrrap* goes the machine gun!

But I'm not just declaring because Dtay's ships have been annoying me. In attacking Finarry with a body-blow alpha strike, he's kicked off a major war with the guys in charge of Mack-fencing. That's...not good. Mackoti is a bit burned out right now but he still wants to win, Finarry have to stay strong. And they will fight back. So I took the utterly inconsequential city of 2nd Module, defended by just a musket...

...burned, sending a message to my distant allies that I'm here and ornery.

The second city I primarily concerned myself with was the far bigger deal city of Sleeper. I bombed it with airships, reduced it with destroyers...and went to go repair my pushmower and mow an acre. Because this one isn't obvious.

What are my ideal winnings, here? Dtay isn't a Big Three but he's in clear fifth place, a tough and obviously competent player. Its actually very fun, what we have here in PB13's remaining eight players are clearly the toughest and hardest customers; none of them are going down cheaply or fast. I'm a naval power primarily, as well...so I can make gains now from Germany, but practically only the islands. Central Germany needs upwards of a hundred tanks with bomber or ideally nuclear support. It's the direction I'm heading.

...but that's in the future, yet. *Now*, Finarry are in a fight for their lives with the Sword of Damocles hanging over their heads from their south. So, I could burn Sleeper, at about 50/50 losses probably...

...or I could land. scared Now it is possible Dtay withdraws and consolidates; if so I'll burn it and move up and down the coast still farther. But Dtay can also choose to muster draftees and garrison troopers and make a fight of it...if he does, I will not take Sleeper this wave, probably, and I will take heavy losses with the landing force (I'd say wipe-out, but one single kanone, remember). But these forces aren't here to take and hold; they're here to suck attention, troops, and most critically momentum away from Dtay's southern front. This is me trusting that Team Badass can raise a ruckus and actually make progress if Dtay has to push dozens of divisions to his north. Pitch, toss, land.

All the while, I'm keeping the airships a-scouting, looking ever south down The Slot at the only power in the world who exceeds my own.

Ottoman Battlewagons are entering the field.

A further reminder, actually; I will need to get Flight immediately, as will we all, the second Mackoti (already with Radio) gets it. Bombers are ugly things...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1557.jpg]

You attacked inca?! I haven't seen a Will city named Supremes... oh. Pfft. Tease.

(May 24th, 2014, 23:05)Ceiliazul Wrote: You attacked inca?! I haven't seen a Will city named Supremes... oh. Pfft. Tease.

If there's one thing fairly consistent in a Commodore thread, its him having indexed just the right picture from a previous game for the situation and the reader (or me at least, if not other readers) briefly looking at it trying to contextualize for the current game and becoming frustrated before realizing what happened.

Its both trolling and educational - well played!
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I love everything in this thread. It contains some of the best comedy and reporting I have ever seen.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Thanks guys! Isn't:
(May 24th, 2014, 23:47)Gaspar Wrote: both trolling and educational
-kind of the Realms Beyond ideal?

[Image: 640px-RiviereHuileAnticosti.jpg]
As ever in the bucolic and peaceful Canada, we're finding time to fish and settle another little chilly island village.

Lovely place, Anticosti, friend of mine has a family cabin up there...