As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

Thoth Wrote:Unfortunately Recon units can't pillage. frown

But if we get a 50/50 shot at a Mud Golem.....let's take it.

The Scout is dead. It's just a matter of when and where. If we kill the MG we slow down a foe. If the scout dies a bear doesn't get to eat.
What, you mean you want to add insult to injury, let them go worker-first and not even get to use their workers? :D

Yeah, agreed. This is the most dangerous foe in any event. The main question I have is just tactics - do we stay here and try to kill Mud Golems, or head for one of their allies and try to kill normal workers? Since they haven't grown, I'm confident they're building workers in all three cities, for now anyway.
Quote:
btw: name changes were serendipitous

Sure...
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Unlike workers, mud golems can fight back when defending.

We may be better off using the scout to defog the rest of their capital cities and starting land. Perhaps one of the cities will be empty, or another opportunity will appear.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Played the turn this morning, nothing particularly newsworthy. I'm moving the harassing scout in what I think is the direction of a non-dwarf, maybe we can harass better with no double hill movers around.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I logged in and saw that we'd discover mysticism after two of our civs ended turn. Jonas is Spiritual and his capital has the most hammers to multiply, so I moved him last and adopted GK/nationhood.

The Elohim capital grew to size 4 this turn, and its current happy cap is 6. The Clan and Calabim cities are both at their current maximum of size 5.
Active in:

A new toy!
[Image: T15wolf1.JPG]
[Image: T15wolf2.JPG]
I rested it for now. It will need a total of 4 turns to heal, or 7 if we don't use the promotion. (I assume we'll take combat 1?)

We also need to figure out where our settler is going to go, or more of our dotmap in general. I'm not sure I like the overlap-heavy spacing that has been suggested so far. Clan settlers may be cheap, but warrens are not. Our earliest Clan cities will need access to a significant amount of hammers if we want them to get warrens up quickly and make the most of them. Once we get a few strong orc cities going, they'll give most of their settlers to the other two players anyway.
Active in:

So, T20 will be a fun turn. We've got two things looking ready.

The first one is the relatively boring piece. We've a settler due, already jive
[Image: PB1%20T19%20settler.JPG]

The other little detail...we've found the Khazad. And managed to sneak close to their borders without being spotted ourselves. Next turn we find out if they've been careful enough.

We can actually hit the capital tile itself next turn, if the odds are right. Now, granted, that'd be a pretty big oversight, and a CI wolf does not beat a CI warrior in a city fortified with Khazad +20% and maybe a hill bonus too. But since they don't know we're here, there's a chance devil

More likely, next turn we report the beginning of a choke. Or if were lucky, the capture of a worker, or the killing of a unit outside the city to get ourselves Shock.
[Image: PB1%20T19%20dwarves.JPG]
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I haven't brought myself to look, but rumor (Ellimist) has it that our wolf rider was eaten by a Giant Spider IBT. BAH! banghead

Well...at least there's now a spider on Khazad borders with promotions [/silverlining]
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Yeah, I saw.
Fuck. lol

Look on the bright side: We've only irrevocably pissed off one team with a really good early rush instead of two. wink
fnord

[Image: T20end.JPG]
Active in:

I've logged in (it's still t20) and microed the Orcs for t21. We want to run 100% gold in Orcdom until we found our expansion city. By working a flood plains instead of a Forested Plains we gain 2 gold in exchange for 1 (net) foodhammer. With overflow from the settler that means we make 20 (net) foodhammers this turn by working the Floodplains. T22 we swap back to the Forested Plains and push out to base (15 net) hammers and complete the worker at eot 23. We'll found Old Milwaukee on t23 and turn tech back on. We'll likely be losing 2gpt in Orcdom but we'll have 28g (15g on t21 and 13 on t22) on hand, which should be enough to get us to Crafting.

I think we're in for a 1t Elder Council in Elohim lands once the current worker completes. jive
fnord