As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore likes it restrictive; Galling DuGaulle of the Gauls

would you have killed that city without winning that 16% battle? I mean - if you had hit it and just done damage?
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(January 4th, 2013, 15:35)AutomatedTeller Wrote: would you have killed that city without winning that 16% battle? I mean - if you had hit it and just done damage?

Oh, easily. I had another landed axe (C2), and an axe in the galley as well. Dr. No was toast either way, I was just lucky to get it with so little damage.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Okay! We are once more rolling. I'm not sure what exactly is happening, but check out Megatron:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG]

Yeah. It's this:

That's wonderful, because I can spend my time doing crap like this:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG]

I actually opted to fire the citizens and instead make another archer. The capital will do one turn/49h worth of failgold, and with the overflow the Great Library will complete next turn, also funding us through all of Music. I need to stagger failgold a bit elsewhere with the 275% bonus, so Unhygenix can plop a turn into the Colossus next turn without messing too badly with the ETA.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0071.JPG]

I'm still lowest in power, but with lots of cats and crossbows I'm less worried. I'm getting Music to fire a GA, then I'll burn through Civil Service(maces!) -> Paper -> Education (w/bulb)-> GUNPOWDER. Then its Liberalism unto Nationalism and let's make the world burn. So far, demos say its doable.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG]

Given the greeness of the competition, should I feel bad about this?

that cartoon doesnt make sense. why is Abraham Lincoln a bad guy? Why is batman stealing Indiana Jones gun if they are both good? is Chuck Norris a bad guy too? I guess Mussolini, the black knight, and darth vader are good guys, since they killed Chuck Norris. confused

congrats on the wonders, things are looking good. You shouldnt feel bad, you were in terrible shape 20 turns ago, love the turn around smile
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(January 9th, 2013, 14:06)Bigger Wrote: that cartoon doesnt make sense. why is Abraham Lincoln a bad guy? Why is batman stealing Indiana Jones gun if they are both good? is Chuck Norris a bad guy too? I guess Mussolini, the black knight, and darth vader are good guys, since they killed Chuck Norris. confused

It's the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny. Alignment doesn't matter, just who's best.

Thanks Brick. Yeah, sorry, I guess it's just a kids-these days kind of thing. Or kids-a-decade-ago thing, at least.

I tell ya, I'd trade a dozen musketeers later for two right now; so many exposed border cities. Sadly, poking up the hornets' nest isn't really a win for me.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0089.JPG]

...although given how my score is shooting up...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0091.JPG]

...um, prepare for incoming. On the plus side, Paya comes in in two more turns, and then I'll gun a Golden Age and get Civil Service (maces!), Paper, and bulb Education (universities!) to open up Gunpowder.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0106.JPG]

Meanwhile, infra!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0090.JPG]

...oh please, oh please, ignore me a little more...

So I think I'm not really ignorable anymore, but might as well double-down. I'll roll them bones on netting a good scientist, and put up the National Epic to accept that it's going to be GSes all the way down from here on out.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0120.JPG]

Meanwhile, with a little more control, I start a marble quarry to help Unhygenix with its little Moai project.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0119.JPG]

I'm feeling reasonably secure in the water, as Boldly is massing troops to fight Sian somewhere down there in the fog. My massively well-promoted triremes look on in approval.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0128.JPG]

Finally, Turn 106: I hit enter, and the Paya is done (remember, no gold for me).
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0129.JPG]

Thanks to the Music artist and the Paya, I can enter a golden age and add Theocracy to my HR respectively. Just in time, too, I think Boldly has largely fended off the waves and now he's got blood in his eye. And my score is 200 points above his, 600 above Slowcheetah...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0142.JPG]

...well it's a good thing I'm not making it worse. yikes Gauss means Education is coming the turn after Paper is done, while the Colossus means my Lake Commodore holdings are actually worth something now.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0143.JPG]

Need maces stat, folks, it's about to get ugly.

I'm yet unspoiled. Do you have any explanations for the giant stack in Megatron?

Generally? Sian has been hitting Boldly with assorted horse archers/cats/skrimishers, I'm not sure in what ratios. Boldly's evidently been playing Tower Defense, with Slow sniping in the fog somewhere too. I've used this time not to pile on, because Boldly's kind of a BAMF, but to solidify my lead. Also, water wonders:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0160.JPG]

Now the time for fun and sandboxery is coming to an end, as Boldly is repulsing his foes handily. Fortunately, as of the end of this turn, maces are online, and Paper needs clearing before Carl here bulbs Education. If that clears the way to Gunpowder, does that mean my musketeers are armed with Gauss Guns? Obelix will generate another GS for Philo then, and I'll try to clear Nationalism for a Military Tradition bulb. Either way works, though.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0158.JPG]

Domestically, I'm enjoying my vastly expanded HR happy cap here and growing the cities as much as I can. My new limit is health, actually...even with the Hanging Gardens I'm bumping along near the health cap, particularly at the capital (where I need to grow to work the Colossus lakes) and soon here at Fullyautomatix, for obvious reasons.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0159.JPG]

Musketeers: so close I can taste 'em.

maybe you could turn those flood plains farms into cottages, problem solved (fullyautomatix)

how is it you have 2 food on a desert hill mine?

what does BAMF mean?

you need courthouses badly. especially in unhygenix. well I guess that will be easier once maoi is complete.

when will you detour to optics, to get those whales connected?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.