As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

My experience with emergencies in single player games has been that you sometimes don't get to vote on them because the game decides that you're either an "uninvolved" party or cannot otherwise participate in the emergency. In this case, you can't participate in the emergency because that would require you to declare war on me. Likewise I don't know that anyone I/we have a DoF with would be able to vote because they can't participate in the emergency (because they can't declare war on me). I might get a vote because I'm "part of the problem". We'll find out this evening when it rolls around to me. Jclick submit vote and pass the turn.

The fact of the matter is that with frigates around they'd be able to retake the capital. It'll take them a few turns to chip away the defenses but they'd be able to do it. That's sort of why I'm on a bit of a timer -- can I eliminate Australia before they can retake the capital? Not likely since i couldn't get to that western city. They don't need the chariot to take the city - the galleys can do that. Australia, however, won't get the liberation bonus unless they are the one to take the city. Having one of their own cities liberated by someone else doesn't get them the production. They also don't get bonuses from emergencies, IIRC, that's Canada and their bonus is more diplomatic favor.

Holding the Australian capital was always a matter of "how long" given that Russia could launch a combined land/sea invasion against the city. Once they start shooting I won't be able to buy in the medieval walls. If/when it looks like the city will fall I'll send the swordsman into the interior, either to meet the fleet or the knight for as much mayhem as possible. It does force a bit of a choice for CMF, though - retake the Aussie capital or chase down my fleet to avoid the loss of as many as four Aussie cities.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah I think Russia will bombard it down and Australia will try to capture it with the chariot is what I mean.

Your sword and the turn order may make that hard.

I do suspect you have frigates either side of you but we will see
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

The chariot is russian. I've only seen two Australian land units so far this game - the archer I killed and the warrior at Marshall Mathers. Makes me wonder where the other 400 milpower is right now.

My game plan is to take out Marshall Mathers and Aquemini with the fleet, try to get Fantasy with the knight and then see how I should take Flower Bed depending on the presence of a putative southern Russian fleet. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a frigate lurking in the cove at Fantasy; I'll find that out next turn. I also have to wonder what MPTF is/was doing here and how much guidance CMF was able to give him (or what the collective plan was). I know based on PBEM 13 that MPTF didn't develop well before bowing out and that seems to have repeated itself here.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

he had the right idea in pbem 17 declaring on TAD but the execution was awful.

DOH on the chariot, my bad.

he bowed out when his computer was taken from him. I feel his pain I learned to wire a plug when my dad cut the plug off my Amiga at that age.

Turn 117 World Congress

Despite only Woden going after me before the World Congress starts I do take a quick check of resources to see if he’s traded any to Russia – nope. He’s got one source hooked up, though. So..the World Congress. Unlike Roland, I get a vote in things:

I find it humorous that I can’t vote for[/w] the resolution, only against. What if I [i]want the emergency declared? Of course, in this situation I don’t. IIRC on how this works I believe that the emergency goes the full 30 turns regardless of whether or not I lose the city in the meantime. Dunno that I’d be able to take it back if/when I lose it to Russian frigates (unless I can sink the whole frickin’ navy). I cast my vote against (I get a whole one vote) and go on my merry way.

Turn 118

poll result are in and unsurprisingly you have been targeted by an emergency.

[Image: kcwAcZA.jpg]

The 1 extra movement will sure be useful for them. the 2 cs less so but better than not having.

If i was doing a mod i would mod out this nonsense from future games.

Sub sent me a deal i guess he didn't accept my previous one so i accept.

[Image: hUwZzw2.jpg]

Guilds is in and makes me want to build IZ's, also discover banking.

[Image: EabUqHJ.jpg]

[Image: EZjoLrM.jpg]

New city Gets magnus and starts laying down great walls.

[Image: yWmRv4n.jpg]

Also get's a trade route to Goldson who will also get magnus with the 2 food promotion eventually.

[Image: M58u3pv.jpg]

[Image: Jji7T9G.jpg]

Put in triangular trade for 20 gold and 5 faith. rising in 2 turns to 24 and 6.

[Image: Z6K5OOQ.jpg]

sub i will have 5 quads to upgrade in 7 turns do i want to move 5 down towards big island to upgrade there for forward manouvers or am i looking to defend?

will have 9 or 10 quads by then and 60 niter and probably the gold needed to upgrade 6.

(May 1st, 2021, 17:42)suboptimal Wrote: Turn 117 World Congress

IIRC on how this works I believe that the emergency goes the full 30 turns regardless of whether or not I lose the city in the meantime.

It is odd, if the emergency does end of with the liberation of the target, then there is a disincentive to do so.  At least loyalty is no longer an issue.

(May 2nd, 2021, 05:29)roland of gilead Wrote: If i was doing a mod i would mod out this nonsense from future games.

According to the Remove Emergencies mod, it is done by

Quote:This mod is only one line of SQL:

DELETE FROM GameCapabilities WHERE GameCapability = 'CAPABILITY_EMERGENCIES' ;

I mean it applies to everyone and does give an extra dynamic to the game but it seems gamey.

30 turns of extra movement with only a few people allowed to vote. I could have easily vote that down and it affects me but not allowed to vote.

ps do we need to watch out for crusade in Australian territory sub

what is the cost and formula to upgrade a quad to a frigate. double the production difference so 320 then half price card takes to 160?