As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

[quote pid="783932" dateline="1619300810"]
We haven't discussed the NFP properly. What do you prefer? I think Alhambram would like to have all NFP DLCs enabled for the extra wonders and other things and I'm good with that. The game modes would be disabled of course.

Marco asked about the persona pack and I'm not sure about Bull Moose's potential crazy T1 culture and later preserve yields but think it's ok if someone wants to try him and the others don't object.

I also have a question - can we start using the RB balance mod? It takes less than a minute to install and only good things can come from it.
[/quote]

Where and which? I think we should let the balance mod up for the next PBEM and a thourough discussion.

I am working with this now:

Nubia (too strong)
Gaul
Vietnam
Byzantium
Babylon (too strange)
Khmer (too strong)
Portugal
Australia
China (Yes, they got a needless buff)
Maori (Nightmare to balance)
Maya
Hungary
Ethiopia
Russia (Yes, I think they are too dominant currently)
Colombia
Scythia
Rome (like Russia)
Sumeria

I would BAN Blue Roosevelt (the new one) as well, as a quick SP tryout proved he is potentially cuckoo.

First new game with him:

I think no further discussion is needed.

I could be persuaded to start with the PBEM with a mod but only with small changes and iterate on them further though.

I would however love to start at the beginning of May.

If it helps Kaiser or then Woden, just roll a nice pangea or continents map and just balance stuff out. Don´t think too much about balance, things always work out strangely in the end.

I still have nightmares of thrawn´s DESERT OF DOOM.

Just get rid of Nan Madol.

We would really need our starting screenies.smile

I am still working on it and should be able to discuss the map further with the lurkers tonight. Depending on the feedback time and the necessary balancing, I think we should be done by Friday with the map.

That being said

Quote:If it helps Kaiser or then Woden, just roll a nice pangea or continents map and just balance stuff out. Don´t think too much about balance, things always work out strangely in the end.

This is a different requirement from the one I have been working of.
For your reference, I am working on a map with this requirements in my mind.

Quote:thrawn:

"What kind of map and settings would you like to have? I'm thinking anything non-Pangaea since my last two games were on one, and it would be nice if it's has some interesting about it"

"I'm good with leaving the map to Kaiser. But can we say not Pangaea since both games I've played were on one and I'd love to use some ships too?
For the CS setup what suboptimal did for the duel is amazing - maybe a similar CS setup?"

TAD:

"My preference for a map would be Continents or Inland Sea. Please advise if that is okay with you. I would leave the final decision to Kaiser."

Suboptimal:

"As for the map I'll leave it to Kaiser's discretion."

Please be aware that you left me a lot of leeway there Evil
I took away that you want a game where early rushing/CS rushing is less profitable/mandatory/successful and am tinkering on the map with these goals in mind.

However, if you prefer going this way to get started quicker/with this parameters then just let me know and I will roll a map which offers roughly same sized starting positions and no further tinkering. Please remember that you guys will likely play this game for 6+ month, so it is really up to you.

If you nearly done, good.

[Kaiser has entered the chat]: Thrawn, here is your start position:

Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(April 26th, 2021, 14:08)suboptimal Wrote: [Kaiser has entered the chat]: Thrawn, here is your start position:

No worries, pick Inca and start digging tunnels.

...actually though can we do a joke PBEM sometime where we give the mapmakers license to mess with the map as much as possible, like by surrounding all the starts with mountains, giving everyone 4 natural wonders at the capital, etc, and then have everyone just agree to play the ridiculous hand they're given? I'd definitely sign up, time constraints notwithstanding.

Or, here's an idea: an archipelago PBEM in which all the players get to hand-draw their starting islands like in Holiday Wishlist, subject to constraints about total number of tiles, resources, forests, hills, etc. I don't know if that's possible, but it could make an interesting tradeoff between turbo-charging the capital and having viable other cities, not to mention assuring access to mountains/desert/tundra if players want to go for niche civs like Inca/Canada...

If barbarian units are getting placed i think tradition dictates that they are submarines. mischief
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)