As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

T 21 played.

Ending turn for the Calabim produced this event:

[Image: XPOXp.jpg]

The RNG hates us this game frown
fnord

At least the Calabim don't need a lot of health/food for anything.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

So I've been catching up on some of my reading.

It appears that the general concensus is that both Keeyln and the Lurichip Mud Golem are overpowered.

Co-incidentally enough, the team that is playing those civs/leaders is the one we have contact with.
:soc:

So who do I have to convince that some form of Axe/Moroi rush is a good idea? innocent
fnord

Ellimist Wrote:At least the Calabim don't need a lot of health/food for anything.

Long term it doesn't matter (AFAIK the event only affects current cities) but right now it's -1 food/hammers at a critical point in the game where every food/hammer matters.

We've got two other civs, so the effect is muted a bit, but that event *hurts*.

It's going to delay at least our first Calabim (well, technically our second Orc) city by a turn and probably the second as well. Not good for us at all. At all.

OTOH. In spite of the fact that Ellimist was complaining about how long it was going to take us to found our 1st expansion city in chat the other night......t23 second city rocks. :D
fnord

Played T22. Orcish settler is in position, workers worked, we have two more finished at EOT and another due next turn. 5/4 cities isn't nearly enough, but I suppose we'll at least be catching up partially while we work on the next set of settlers. Finished the corn farm at Riesling this turn, and swapped to it, for a net +3 food/-1 commerce.

And apparently DaveV's post in the banter thread was condolences for the wolf rider, not a report of a death of a sorta-choking scout. Still camped on the forested corn for lack of a better idea. They're up to three warriors in the Balseraph capital, though, so I suspect it's time to start thinking about moving on.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Do we have an opinion on DaveV's request to perform diplo in the public thread? I'm ok with it.

Of course, it helps that I think it's us he wants to negotiate with lol
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Mardoc Wrote:Played T22. Orcish settler is in position, workers worked, we have two more finished at EOT and another due next turn. 5/4 cities isn't nearly enough, but I suppose we'll at least be catching up partially while we work on the next set of settlers. Finished the corn farm at Riesling this turn, and swapped to it, for a net +3 food/-1 commerce.

2 workers for the Vamps and Elohim is good enough for the moment.

1 worker for the Orcs isn't even close. I'd like another 2 workers dialed up in the Orcish capital as our next builds. We'll have to interrupt the 3rd worker part way through to push out a couple of 1t warriors for barb defence/ 2nd expansion city garrirson. We're looking at 12 turns to do that, by which point in time we should be ready to improve a wines and grow Newcastle Brown Ale up to size 6 (picking up the Wines for +1 hammer/+4c) and then pushing out another settler before Masonry. smile

Quote:And apparently DaveV's post in the banter thread was condolences for the wolf rider, not a report of a death of a sorta-choking scout. Still camped on the forested corn for lack of a better idea. They're up to three warriors in the Balseraph capital, though, so I suspect it's time to start thinking about moving on.

Hmmm. They can't hit us in 1t without a second worker to put down a 1t road. I think we continue to hang out and camp the Forested Grass until either a second worker appears or they move a pair of warriors adjacent to us.

Mardoc Wrote:Do we have an opinion on DaveV's request to perform diplo in the public thread? I'm ok with it.

Of course, it helps that I think it's us he wants to negotiate with lol

I don't have a strong opinion either way. wink
fnord

Dave Wrote:The game setup, in a nutshell:

A PB6-style team EiTB pitboss (sequential pitboss, always war, permanent teams). Four teams of three players each.

Map settings:
Tower, Altar, Religious, and Culture victories disabled.
Quick speed
Always war, single diplo/banter thread (like BtS Pitboss 7)
Deity difficulty level
Normal barbs
No huts
No lairs
Hallowed Ground (AC=0 always)
Compact Enforced (Hyborem and Basium disabled)

City gifting allowed, but only on the first possible turn (i.e. immediately after founding/capture)

Banned:
Stasis (Auric Ulvin may be picked, but his world spell may not be used)

Looks like the agreed upon rule is "Yes" to public diplo in the banter thread. smile
fnord

t23 played.

Founded the Orc city of Keiths IPA, moved the workers around a bit. Left the scout where it is. wink

and the Orcs got this random event:

[Image: a2akU.jpg]

AFAIK, this event doesn't do much except change the probabilities of "crime rate" realated events.

Micro notes: I worked a grass forest in the Elohim capital this turn. We should swap it to a forested gh on t24 to get the 2t EC. Growth to size 5 will happen eot 25 so we can hire our sage t26 for a turn 37/38 Academy.
fnord

As far as the current diplo thread proposal goes:

http://youtu.be/sbDLZPDgPK0
fnord