As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 129

Looks like we’re in for some revenge-eating with Russian frigates off the coast of China. Given that I wrecked half his ally’s cities I suppose we’re due for a bit of return fire. It could (will?) threaten the galley buildout at Al, but we’ll see. Got a pile of notifications. First stop, the Chinese coast:

Both galleys have a +4 support bonus and that fogged tile is the likely spot for a frigate. Have a Good Time got pillaged out. I kill a galley with the city attack (was between the fish and crabs in the second ring).

The redlined galley has two friends in the fog. Not gonna take that bait. My galley running for cover turns south into Cove for repairs. I send 11 niter over to China.

Demak Sultanate has been liberated by Australia, Confucius spots two Aussie crossbows walking around. My chariot continues wandering east, running into a Japanese caravel:

Three more turns and I can bolt out over the open ocean. My jong is able to find a path east and comes across a Norweigan longship:

On Big Island the slinger continues towards Graceland and I get a plantation put in at Proof. I also notice that the trader has connected Fifty Ways to the budding road network since the Holy Site has roads. Under African Skies should be similarly connected via its Campus but the graphics don’t indicate that. The Commercial Hub should make the connection. Jong at Hearts and Bones checks west, finds nothing.

Galley at Al is complete, that’s three. One more and I’ll start a jong build. Diamonds has completed its temple and resumes its granary with the library on deck. The unused trader at Al heads to Diamonds. If the trader off the south coast gets pillaged I’ll send a route from Diamonds to Fil Helander.

Kaiser has started to upgrade units – his milpower jumped from 328 to 421. CMF fed a bunch of pillage Icon_Gold to Australia. It also looks like Woden is sending his Icon_Gold to Ljubljana – he’s had 0 Icon_Gold two turns in a row and in three of the last four turns (had 96Icon_Gold on T127).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(May 15th, 2021, 12:27)suboptimal Wrote: Do you already have three in there?  You need to get up to 9 to be able to take it.  Might be better to hold onto those to maintain control at Antananarivo.

Saw all the kilt commentary in the tech thread.  They're quite comfortable. 

When is the pre-wedding handover to Bruindane?

i only have 2 i think so that won't work. 

Anyway walls will be up and i am running limes to get next level perhaps. 

you think i should keep going building walls to next level?

i also can't decide between flooding the place with galleys and not finishing cartography or going for it and getting carvels.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

The problem with galleys, as we saw with Australia, is that they are cannon fodder for frigates. A galley flood would only work if you had frigates being built elsewhere and could build them faster than CMF can sink them. Not likely here so caravels and a coordinated attack on Russian ships in the area might be the way to go.

If you slot Limes and the production rates are high enough it might be a good idea to get the second level of walls. It only really slows things down but sometimes that's enough. I may buy walls at Al instead of Have a Good Time. I
might buy walls at both if the Icon_Faith accumulates fast enough (four 7more turns, I believe).

I've got a galley finishing at Have a Good Time the turn after next. It's going to have to make a run for it because there's nowhere for it to hide. Probably run it down to Cove for an upgrade.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

As for changeover i can play through to the 26th but would miss the 24th. Or i can hand over on 23rd.

How do we do the handover.

probably 23rd would be best.

I believe you need to give Bruindane your PYDT token. You can get that off the profile tab on PYDT's website. Bruindane would then enter that token into the client and then see your turn and use the client to download.

It's up to you if you hand off on the 23rd or the 26th. Bruindane, what time zone are you in?

My marriage might last longer if we go for the 23rd.

Heh heh....sounds like the 23rd, then. lol

(May 15th, 2021, 17:21)roland of gilead Wrote: My marriage might last longer if we go for the 23rd.

Fond memories of people from my wedding, so take them all in, though I suspect it will also be a whirlwind of events.

I'll play the turn sets until you come back, and if there is any directions you want me to go, I'll try my best.  It does appear to be a reactive situation at the moment.   suboptimal keeps asking for gold, so let me know if China should provide it mischief .   

I'm on Pacific Daylight Time, so 7-8 hours behind ya.   Hopefully I'll figure out all the technical details when the times comes.

Yeah i think we better give him the gold.

It is all pretty reactive. I will do a handover but it is fairly Straightforward. Build ships and defend.

I think it will be as simple as you getting a log in on play your dam turn and pasting this into the client token.

eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.NzY1NjExOTgwMDY5MzE3ODU.OmvtxhfkvknDxAEoyM8qXwMhxvulHf0xCAUsquu7NPM

i actually have 3 other games on the go you might be able to cover for me?

they are very simple games in the early stages with no reporting and turns are every couple of days.