As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 131 – World Congress

(tried to find one that wasn’t TOO blantantly “’Murica”)

Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

fingers crossed. I may not sleep tonight.

Of course either way we are screwed as we may just have handed the game to TAD and Kaiser.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Well, we'll see how TAD responds to the DoF renewal that I offered. I suspect that right now Russia, Phoenicia, England and Japan have most of their milpower tied up in sea units, which might slow them down when it comes to land operations.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

TURN 132

Well we are screwed. TAD/Kaiser stabbed us in the back and shot themselves in the foot.

[Image: yANHNrd.jpg]

Either doesn't apply to Ships which would be nice or more likely they don't have it yet because they haven't played.

[Image: Jv5me1H.jpg]

Another question is why doesn't my MA apply?

Sent you your Gold Sub.

[Image: hfsYotJ.jpg]

Your MA doesn't apply because both sides need to be at war with the civ you're fighting. I found that out the hard way in PBEM 18 when I formed a military alliance with Canada against Egypt and Canada peaced them out two turns later.

My expectation here is that Archduke & Kaiser see what's going on and are letting Russia deal with us while they try to take care of Bruise. The WC resolution will end a couple turns after the DoF with Russia/Australia so they don't have much to worry about immediately. It backfires on them completely if we can't keep ourselves from collapsing under Russian pressure. Dunno if TAD will still take the DoF or not.

how are they getting the MA then? The Bruise brothers aren't at war with us.? Quite the opposite in fact.

Sub can you have a think about how we proceed from here i will play tomorrow then hand over. our gold income is good but still finite. as is niter. i will do a handover post tomorrow.

There's a possibility I raised in a post a couple turns back -- the teammate alliance isn't a "typed" alliance. It's possible (likely, given the diplo status) that CMF may be in a military alliance with MptF and up to this point we weren't aware that such an alliance was possible.

but surely they can't also be in a MA with the bruise brothers then?

This game is infuriating at times.

I certainly couldn't send you an alliance when we talked about it.

Their alliance with Bruise is likely something else. Let me see if I can request a Military Alliance from you next turn since I've unlocked alliances. Yes, I know...this game has weird mechanics and you've already got a military alliance. However, if I can't send you a military alliance it means I can probe other players to see what alliances they might have in effect.