As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn 134: All Quiet, No Russian Ships Sighted.

Upgraded a galley to a caravel for the Banda Sea fleet, and offer the remaining Icon_Gold to you suboptimal.  China has slotted the cheaper upgrade policies, so I need to investigate what I can harvest for gold. 

The East China Sea fleet is the reserve, awaiting upgrades.

Put a builder charge into the Great Lighthouse, likely a trap, as I bet Russia has prior visibility via Valleta.  A previously placed Campus is in queue to capture any fail hammers.

Considering faith-buying a settler.  They would settle the marked coastal city picking up Colosseum amenities, and get an era point.  Need to find another four era points, a wonder provides three.

sorry i dropped out so suddenly wedding stuff over took me.

The great library is 3 charges away from completion at capital for era score if needed and Great lighthouse fails.

Sub my MA is with TAD.

I have commercial with Lubijana.

good spot on that Great Lighthouse.

TBH i though i was way over on era score for a golden.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Bruindane, I'd say hold off on harvesting resources for Icon_Gold just quite yet. Maybe save that for battleships down the line.

I'll take the Icon_Gold you sent and do some upgrades now, just to have some sort of fleet ready.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

there is copper at starfish i was thinking of harvesting.

don't forget the war of religions policy card. +4 CS there.

i wouldn't move magnus he is providing 2 food to 4 or 5 trade routes.

i had kind of ruled out buying a settler but each new city comes with a free builder so it's two for the price of one sort off.

Took a little time to review the game, and plan for the week ahead.

China needs 5 era points for a second golden age (124/129+).  We can get 1 era point for aggressively settling near Diamond o/t Soles of Her Shoes.  And if needed, we can buy a Crouching Tiger for 280 Icon_Faith and 4 era points.  I assume we take Free Inquiry.

I’ll buy the Settler in Tavernier, as there is sufficient food surplus to recover, and the pop is working a 2 Icon_Food 1 Icon_Gold lake tile.  Will settle Alfredo Morelos when Humanism finishes in 5 turns, for the additional 2 builder charges provide by the Serfdom policy.

The Great Lighthouse is at 54 Icon_Production of 290 Icon_Production  A forest chop provides 92 Icon_Production and a builder rush 43 Icon_Production , along with 11 city Icon_Production means that we can harvest the deer Icon_Production to build the Great Lighthouse during the turn after.  I did not move Magnus, thankfully, as he would not have arrived time.  We may have a chance if Russia is hard building it.

McGregor will switch production to finish its University (leaving a Frigate on 1 turn to save Icon_Gold ), to get the inspiration for Printing, which we can research for the diploma combat bonus once Gunpowder finishes (and triggering the inspirations to suboptimal).

Plenty of builds and fleet movements to consider in the days ahead.

great library can be done with 3 builder charges to save building a useless crouching tiger perhaps.

i suspect russia may be going for our area around starfish and al as that generates so much of our gold.

i am hoping we can get fleets before they arrive. fingers crossed.

good plan and enjoy. leaving in a few hrs.

Roland, enjoy your wedding and honeymoon!

Turn 135

The question continues to be “what of the Russian fleet?” Found ‘em:

The issue here is that I don’t know if I’ll be able to hold the city. I can’t kill that caravel in one turn. The cities unload first and the jong brings up the rear. The caravel is redlined but not dead. The frigates will likely do in the walls next turn and then take the city. CMF will be able to hold it due to loyalty, particularly once my dark age starts. Upside – we know where the frigates are now. I take in the Icon_Gold from Bruindane, take stock of my situation at Al and can upgrade two galleys right now so do so. I also upgrade the sword at Mother & Child to a man-at-arms. Doesn’t get me any garrison increase but it’s a more capable unit. Bruindane, if you’ve got another 180 or so Icon_Gold laying around that’ll get me another upgrade. Speaking of upgrades I Icon_Faith buy medieval walls at Mother and Child. I go forward with building the Encampment right on the coast. I expect that the fleet will head for Have a Good Time next as that’s an easy one for it to pick off. Since I want to get builders I’m not about to upgrade the walls for another 4-5 turns.

My jong out by Norway moves northeast and comes across a Russian trader. Unfortunately I don’t have enough movement to pillage it next turn. I also don’t want to be visible to it on CMF’s next turn. The graphic indicates that it’s heading southwest so I move the jong back to where it started. That puts it three tiles from the trader’s next estimated position.

Archduke is under 500 milpower.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 135: War of Religions

I don't think Russia has two spies, they must have 3 from printing press, 5 from the Admiral and another 5 for the military alliance, so I will switch to the war of religions policy to claw back 4.

One more turn... for the Great Lighthouse.  In the here and now, this is the most impactful wonder of the game.  I'm going to combine the fleets, we'll need raw numbers, until we even up the combat strength.

Sent 180 Icon_Gold as requested.

There is a way to break the military alliance signed with England/TheArchduke in 375 AD (aka Turn 131) and that is declaring war via a city state emergency.

This is a technical DoW as we want to sign a new military alliance between China & Indonesia and not pile onto England & Japan.  However, I think we can do this per the game rules.

Quote:No tactical DoWs regarding Australia, Persia, and India.

@thrawn This is from your first post in the organizing thread.