As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

Turn notifications will come in an email to the address you've linked to your Steam account. As far as uploading and downloading you can do so either via the website or using the client. The client makes things easier because it downloads the file right into the save directory and auto-detects any new save file in the hotseat save folder.

I agree that we should look at the first turn closely before acting. You'll be able to scroll the map and see what my units see. I suggest taking and posting at least two screenshots - one "plain" and one with the settler lens on. Depending on how close or far apart we are a shot of the full screen minimap might also be useful.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah and the research and culture paths.

We will want to take different researches first ideally to reveal more of the tree.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

are there step by step instructions anywhere on PYDT?

Not really. It's a relatively straighforward process. If you want to install the client, do the following:

1) Go to PYDT's website, download and install the client
2) Start the client. It will ask you for your user token
3) Go to the "Your Profile" tab on PYDT's website and copy/paste the token into the client
4) The client should update and show you the game

The recent versions of the client install themselves as a startup service on Windows 10. In addition to the email notification you'll get a windows notification when the save comes around. Other than that I think it's pretty self-explanatory. The client interface will change when your turn is up and there will be a download save button. Once the save is downloaded, start Civ 6 then go to Multiplayer -> Hot Seat -> Load Save. You'll see a save named PYDT Play This One (or something similar) - that's the save to load. Play your turn as normal.

If you're like my and want an end of turn save to review between turns be sure to save the game before hitting Next Turn. If you do this PYDT will detect the save and ask if you want to upload it. Hit ignore and wait a few seconds.

Once you're done with the turn (including your own EoT save), hit Next Turn. The game will go back to the pre-turn screen but show the next user's name. Hit Save Game, create the save file and PYDT should auto-detect it. Select Upload Save and PYDT will upload the save and then show the updated turn status (next player highlighted).

Good idea on the screenshots of the tech and civics trees.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Thanks mate that's great.

Probably want an appeal screenshot as well

anyway will get loads when it comes round. Off work tomorrow so might work out well.

Ps i meant to say i am helping Kaiser in PBEM 18 you said something you shouldn't have a while back but i have't used or divulged that information and won't.

OK, good to know you're dedlurking him there (didn't know that previously). I won't make further references to PBEM 18 here.

Yeah i figured. I came to it late only catching up recently.

I forget your window but looks like you've got the save and are up. Dunno if you're in bed yet but if you are I'll be checking in around 1300UTC (8am US EST)

Will work out embedding them later. Much prefer your capital to mine which looks magic for earth goddess.

No stone which is a huge setback on religion. maybe some in the fog.

so obvious questions where do I move my warrior first.

where to settle.

First build

First research.

you do animal husbandry first right? So I do mining?

i think i have to settle in place but it is so many dead tiles and so many tiles i want are in 3rd ring. But it is plains hill with a 2/2 to work.

I so wanted to be inland or to move off coast but not to be. will be around for next 12 hrs to discuss get this played and moved on