As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

No, UI mods should be completely fine.

For everyone's reference (since no one here is in PBEM 18), I accidentally left Sukritact's UI mods (Simple UI Adjustments and Global Relations Panel) active for both my turns yesterday. Given PBEM 18's status I took a few screenshots of the mod in my last turn report. Those mods might be workable here (and don't leak info like CQUI used to).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(April 26th, 2021, 15:47)ljubljana Wrote: ...actually though can we do a joke PBEM sometime where we give the mapmakers license to mess with the map as much as possible, like by surrounding all the starts with mountains, giving everyone 4 natural wonders at the capital, etc, and then have everyone just agree to play the ridiculous hand they're given? I'd definitely sign up, time constraints notwithstanding.

Inspired by this and fact that it was King's day today which meant I got whole day free time doing nothing due Corona rules, I spent majority of day creating map from empty canvas which fits some of above requirements.
I did finish the map already, if four victims, I meant volunteers are willing to play map that I made, they can start PBEM 22 if they wants. This map can only be played by Inca, so 4 Inca players joining battle of tunnels. (also need to have all DLC"s).

As soon as PBEM 20 is done I would be all for it.

Maybe with soothsayers and meteors for good measure.:D

from mid june i could play incas.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

(April 27th, 2021, 14:59)thrawn Wrote: Yes, the full madness enabled smile The Inca map also sounds fun so now we have two gonzo concepts.

Back to our game I have three suggestions:

1. Shall we enable the Babylon DLC for the extra great people? In case you don't know there is a huge inflation on GP costs when you run out and start recruiting GPs from the eras ahead. I mean it gets really crazy and most of your points go to waste, see the table in the spoiler. Everybody will build campuses so having a couple extra scientists will be nice for sure, and depending on civ picks and what happens other extra great people may be nice to have too.

Current eraStart TClassicalMedievalRenaissanceIndustrialModernAtomicInformation
Ancient0601202404206609601320
Classical606015561028801545593750636030
Medieval1001203101075452522485128905
Renaissance1402405451685658030915
Industrial18042085524559050
Modern22066012453375
Atomic2609601715
Information3001320

2. One thing that annoys me is how players use GPs for scouting because they are immortal. This can be modded easily so GPs die just like support units if they are attacked when undefended. Do you like this change? We'll still be able to use GPs for scouting, but it will come with a risk as it should. We can make an exception for generals and admirals but I think they should die too if their army gets defeated and it's more interesting if you have to be careful with them and keep them on the back lines.

3. How about we make it possible to harvest all resources (i.e. luxury and strategic)? It's another thing that annoys me - you want to place your districts in a certain way and you can't because there is some dye or whatever crap in the way. Harvesting can either give some yields like normal, or it can be simple removal so they don't block the districts.

Ad 1, I am all for it.
Ad 2, not really for it, I think it is a valid use of GP.
Ad 3, Oh I get that. Can´t we make it that you can place districts over them? After all, if you do not know the iron is there you can build a district earlier.

I am also really thinking about going a bit more gung-ho with civs after a balance. Also with modes, in SP I play with Secret Societies and Corporations and Heroes. And I know they are wildly balanced but it could be a heck of fun. cool

Ok guys, the map is nearing completion, I will wait for some final comments and then will have your screenshots ready.

@thrawn
This is one of the comments I am waiting for, I actually asked the other lurkers to roll you guys onto your starting positions.

Personally, I do not see why you would play without Babylon DLC enabled, you can always decide to Ban the CIV but you will benefit from the additional content. The test game I have started with your map had all DLCs enabled and worked.

I think all resources should be harvestable in base game.

they probably should yield something as well.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Seems like quite the conversation while my 5G update didn't take and the latest software updates from Bill Gates crashed my system. lol

- I'd be up for a stupidly out of balance PBEM 22 once PBEM 20 ended.

- Regarding Thrawn's changes, I agree with the Babylon DLC for the extra great people, I agree with Archduke regarding the acceptability of using GP as invincible scouts. As for harvesting luxuries & strategics I dunno - that's likely something I wouldn't consider doing so don't really have a well-formed opinion on it.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

No, I don't have any objections to the RB balance mod.