As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] Civ 6 Gathering Storm PBEM?

(May 12th, 2019, 03:30)TheArchduke Wrote: Nearly done. Need help setting it up. I can post it here and you can start the game yourselves, but you could look then.

What issues are you having setting it up? Is it an issue with converting the map to a workable save?

Archduke, any further updates with the map?
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(May 13th, 2019, 12:31)Woden Wrote:
(May 12th, 2019, 03:30)TheArchduke Wrote: Nearly done. Need help setting it up. I can post it here and you can start the game yourselves, but you could look then.

What issues are you having setting it up? Is it an issue with converting the map to a workable save?

Yes, I asked for help, none so far.

I can just give you guys the map and you make the save.

I think us 5 are the only ones with GS, so pretty sure you won't find help. I think you have 3 options:
1. Give me the map and I will create the save
2. Watch the World Builder Stream to see if you can figure out what is going wrong. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4g3n0O3aRQ They go through creating a map to creating a save from said map.
3. Use Cornflakes program to create the save as an Earth Map. You will have to move the file from the Earth map save in the base game to the Gathering Storm map scripts in the Gathering Storm folder. I am not home but can give you the folder path when I get home later today.

I am fine with you giving me the map and I will use Cornflakes script to create save so that I don't have to go into world builder.

(May 16th, 2019, 10:25)Woden Wrote: I think us 5 are the only ones with GS, so pretty sure you won't find help. I think you have 3 options:
1. Give me the map and I will create the save
2. Watch the World Builder Stream to see if you can figure out what is going wrong. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4g3n0O3aRQ They go through creating a map to creating a save from said map.
3. Use Cornflakes program to create the save as an Earth Map. You will have to move the file from the Earth map save in the base game to the Gathering Storm map scripts in the Gathering Storm folder. I am not home but can give you the folder path when I get home later today.

I am fine with you giving me the map and I will use Cornflakes script to create save so that I don't have to go into world builder.

I have GS and can help out if needed.

Any progress on the map?

Archduke has been pinged in the lurker thread. It doesn't look like he has posted the latest map file there, just screenshots (at least as far as I could tell, I don't have Gathering Storm).

Though he's been logged in here it does not appear that Archduke has responded to Cornflakes' ping in the lurker thread. Do we want to continue to wait for the map to get completed or do we want to make another attempt at letting the chips fall where they may and playing a random map?

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

(May 27th, 2019, 09:46)suboptimal Wrote: Though he's been logged in here it does not appear that Archduke has responded to Cornflakes' ping in the lurker thread.  Do we want to continue to wait for the map to get completed or do we want to make another attempt at letting the chips fall where they may and playing a random map?

Good timing crazyeye TheArchduke sent me the world builder file this morning.  

It looks like I can set up a save with the map but I ran it through Cornflakes tool to see how many City States were in the map (for when I create the save) and it looks like there are no starting locations or city state locations initialized in the map. I did create a save and it generated a game but no knowing if the starts are where they are suppose to be or if the city states are included. 

We can just go with it or we can have Exrook look it over if we want. One thing to consider is I did get a email from PYDT that our game will be deleted unless we start by May 31st but we can also just start a new one.

It seems to me that everyone was on board with handing ourselves over to the PNRGods at the outset of the game. My own vote is to go for it and see what transpires. Pindicator & Jester, do you have any thoughts on this?