As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

I just found out that for some reason the ability to buy the Platinim package to complete your collection has been disabled and many butlers have been dissapointed. I have changed my previous post.

https://civilization.com/news/entries/in...y-21-2020/

More stuff is coming it seems, though in a different format.

Maya first look is up:

https://youtu.be/lQVk0s3rQh0

Corn and Honey confirmed as new resources, forest fires appear to be part of the main game.  

Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Bizarre. On first impression, they're extremely dependent on geography - they'll want a small, compact empire centered around the capital. Any city not within 6 tiles of the capital is just plain nerfed. They don't need to settle on fresh water, but they DO need builder labor...and hell, actually that means their early cities, before the Ancestral hall, are gonna suck, since they'll start off with instant growth penalties! Until they get a builder to build farms, EVERY Maya city is a dry city.

Also interesting that they can double count amenities, essentially, if they settle next to them, and want Plantation resources specifically. Farms and Plantations around their campuses, so they can avoid mountains...

Basically, the Maya will want lots and lots of builders.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Gran Colombia with Simon Bolivar has been revealed and yikes! what a very heavy military leaned abilities.

- Gran Colombia power: ALL units have 1 extra movement point and also promoting don't end that unit's turn.

- UU is a unique GG called Comandate General that Gran Colombia earns over time by Simon Bolivar's ability, more of that soon.
It acts same as GG, giving +5 for adjacent units within 2 tiles and some retirement powers for example extra trader/trade route etc.
However as I can see at promotional video, it seems that adjacent strength and movement bonus can be STACKED unlike normal GG similar in vanilla version when TheArchduke crushed me in PBEM 6 as Macedonia with 5 stacked GG.
And moreover at first look there isn't any era restriction meaning that Comandate General can be used for any unit of any age, I might be mistaken about it due little information from promotional video.

- Simon Bolivar's power is one free Comandate General for every era change, meaning after 60 turns first Comandate General arrives and second arrives between turn 100-120 depending how fast players do tech, third at next era change etc...

- Another UU is Llanero, replacement for Cavalry, adjaceny strength bonus from other Llanero's and when Comandate General nearby uses up its retirement bonus, any wounded Llanero's are healed to max HP instantly.

- Unique Improvement Hacienda is bit similar as Australian Outback station, built upon certain terrain with adjacent bonus by and for other Hacienda or plantations. Yes, plantations also get bonuses for adjacent Hacienda.

Well, if Gran Colombia is in Multiplayer, well then good luck for his opponent trying fend off stacked GG army. At least Gran Colombia lacks economic bonuses except maybe extra movements for builders/settlers and Unique Improvement.

Add Gran Colombia to my banned list. +2 movement is dumb and shouldn't be in the game and he'll get it because his GGs stack and his +1 movement. This is like Biorhythm being banned in EDH even though there's much better cards like Tooth and Nail because it shouldn't be possible to do 100+ damage with a single card with no help. Don't know if he's OP enough to be banned because he's OP though, like Hungry.

So my banned list is now:

Civs:
-Hungry
-Colombia
-Australia
-Scythia
-Maori

Other:
-Venetian Arsenal
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Nan Madol
-No pillaging City States except for farms and fishing boats (trade routes don't count).

Removed:
-Sumer on a random map; you would always use a map checker though so you can delete this.

Stacked GG. Facepalm.

(May 19th, 2020, 11:08)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: So my banned list is now:

Civs:
-Hungry
-Colombia
-Australia
-Scythia
-Maori

Other:
-Venetian Arsenal
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Nan Madol
-No pillaging City States except for farms and fishing boats.

Removed:
-Sumer on a random map; you would always use a map checker though so you can delete this.

Soon, we should have enough banned civs to have a OP PBEM!

Damn, that's powerful. +1 movement is totally insane. It works on every single unit! Settlers, builders, scouts, archers... That's a big economic, I think. You settle faster, you improve faster, you defend easier from barbs, you explore faster (likely more tribal villages and CS).

If they also get normal GG's from the GG pool...

After reading Alhambram's post more carefully, the Comandante General is beyond broken.