As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

Mardoc Wrote:I knew I forgot someone on the list of 'people to let know I was gone this weekend'. frown.

No worries. smile I covered t29 yesterday.

I'm probably going to be without internet access for a day or two starting Tuesday eve. I'm hoping it will only be a day.

Quote:But I like the Pagan Temple the best, anyway. The Religion happy is probably enough, but it's a nice bonus to be able to go for a Great Prophet if we come up with a good use for one.

heh. I went ahead and started another warrior. That will bring us up to 6 units (our current free support). PT does nothing until we're actually in Religion. The Priest slot would be handy, but Tequilla makes for a lousy GP farm. Excellent commerce city, but not enough food to make a good long term GP farm.

Worker micro for Elohim:

t30: Both workers move to Gold
t31: Road Gold
t32: Move to Cotton and start Plantation
t33: Finish Plantation (Tequilla grows to size 7 at EOT 33)
t34: Road Plantation (Tequilla now happy and working on a settler)
t35: move to riverside plains tile 2 of Tequilla and road
t36: move to riverside grass 1 of the rpt and farm
t37: farm complete.

Once Crafting is in we'll want to run 100% gold everywhere until the Academy is up. The Orcs will be out of cash by then and the Vamps will need some gold to cover city maint for their second city. Elohim will start paying 1gt in Civic Costs once Tequilla hits size 7 so gold on hand will be needed and the opportunity cost of running gold is lower while we don't have an Academy.

Rival best GNP is now 33. Graphs indicate that the culprit is the Illians.

So it looks like team BTS went: Calendar, Exploration, Mining and are currently working on ?? Probably Mysicism-->Philo.
fnord

Played the turn, followed Thoth's micro plan. Orcs are building another warrior, because 3 warriors isn't quite enough for 2 cities and a settler. Despite how tempting those 6-turn settlers are lol

I like the northern Calabim city better. In addition to the benefits Thoth listed, it's also more compact. The sooner we get the center filled in with cities, the sooner we can have military provide mutual support. Which means we can do the same defense with less troops, or more with the same troops.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Mardoc Wrote:Played the turn, followed Thoth's micro plan.

Again smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Mardoc Wrote:Played the turn, followed Thoth's micro plan. Orcs are building another warrior, because 3 warriors isn't quite enough for 2 cities and a settler. Despite how tempting those 6-turn settlers are lol

smile

My bad. Didn't get time to do up a city build plan.

Orcs should be dumping hammers into a settler in NBA for the moment. We'll want to time growth to size 6 with the completion of the wines and those growth turns are when we want to be building the warriors. smile

Quote:I like the northern Calabim city better. In addition to the benefits Thoth listed, it's also more compact. The sooner we get the center filled in with cities, the sooner we can have military provide mutual support. Which means we can do the same defense with less troops, or more with the same troops.

Agreed. We'll also want road connections up between the three civs in a timely fashion (worker turns permitting OFC).
fnord

BTW: I've seen a rather depressing lack of lurker posts in our thread. frown
fnord

Thoth Wrote:BTW: I've seen a rather depressing lack of lurker posts in our thread. frown
I'm sorry, I don't know what to say frown

Intense micro plans are not really my strong suit.

yeah,and pictures,and axes to destroy or conquer someone.

mackoti Wrote:destroy or conquer someone.

We almost had that, but then the spider ate our wolf rider frown.

Soon we'll be able to spare resources to try again, though.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

With the clock ticking away on t33, I went ahead and played for the team. smile

Settler in Reisling completed at eot with enough hammer overflow to 1t a bloodpet. jive . We'll grow in 1t if we don't juggle the tiles a bit. I'm in favour of swapping the Corn for a riverside plains. The 1 h gets rounded up and the 1 commerce takes us to 14 and so is worth 2g at max tax. We have so much food in this city we can afford the trade I think. T35 swap back to Corn and build a pair of workers to improve the Sugar and then mine up the hills. We should be able to grow to size 7 after that with Orcish Wines and a trade connection which we should have t41.

Elohim grew to size 7 and is currently unhappy. That fixes it's self on t 34 when we road the cotton. t34 we swap to settler (I think we come out ahead if we swap the Forested Silk for a 1f2h tile but double check in game). We've got 3t to go on the GP which ties in quite nicely with the completion of the grass farm on t37.

We run 0% tax until the Academy is built, then 100% science till we run out of gold. wink

Orcs needed a bit of juggling to ensure Crafting came in at eot so we'll need to swap things around again t34.

The first Wines will be connected t36 so ideally we want both cities to grow eot 35.

Here are the cities:

NBA:

[Image: fZFaD.jpg]

KIPA:

[Image: TTWZg.jpg]

NBA needs 14f to grow, KIPA needs 18f. Neither can be configured for 1t growth, but there is a way to grow both of them at eot 35 ready to work on t36 when the Winery completes.

Solution:

On t 34 KIPA works the Corn and 3 Forested Grasslands for +6 food (12 remaining). Hammers go into a Pagan Temple....we're already paying unit support. wink

NBA works Mushrooms, both farmed FP, and two Forested Grasslands for +10 food (4 remaining). Hammers go into PT. wink

T35:

NBA works mushrooms, 2 Forested Grasslands and two bare grasslands (1 riverside) for +4 food

KIPA works Corn, both Floodplains and a Forested Grassland for +12 food.

T36:

Winery completes and we're happy.

KIPA goes back to finishing up the worker pair working Corn, one Floodplain, the Winery and two forests.

NBA works 1 Floodplain + Marble and 4 1f/2h tiles and finishes up the settler at 30 hammers per turn.

T38 the Reagents complete and we can (and probably should) swap the Marble for the reagents. Ditto wrt to the second Winery due t39.

Settler should complete eot 40 and move along the road (which completes t41) to the Corn site. Settled t42 which will complete a trade connection to the Calabim for Wine sharing. smile
fnord

Thoth Wrote:With the clock ticking away on t33, I went ahead and played for the team. smile

Thank you. I knew I was missing something...really need to get something back off my plate. At least it looks like Diplo3 is wrapping up smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker