As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

pointless making peace now. they know they need to be ready for bruise.

they should give us something for doing so at least
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I forget...what are the benefits of a military emergency? I think one downside might be that if Australia gets a vote it's not taking effect. However, I think we damn the torpedoes, give the emergency a shot anyways, if only to tie them down just that slight bit more.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 158: We're in it to the end.  Our end at least.

Hopefully it doesn't take a week for deliberations.

I give a gift to suboptimal and make a demand of Woden.

(August 19th, 2021, 07:22)suboptimal Wrote: I forget...what are the benefits of a military emergency?  I think one downside might be that if Australia gets a vote it's not taking effect.  However, I think we damn the torpedoes, give the emergency a shot anyways, if only to tie them down just that slight bit more.

might allow Bruise brothers to declare them.

Interturn - Aspirational focus on the city of Joe Aribo

If we had signed the peace treaty, we would have met our next goals of likely out-living Japan and being around for Doomsday.  However, I suspect Russia will be moving on, as we won't be able to threaten them, and burning our cities isn't without a cost.  Liberating `You Can Call me Al` is fine goal, and achievable, especially we get extra movement for our siege due to the emergency.

My hope is that we finish the commercial district after the knight.  Giovanni De Medici is the next Great Merchant, who can instantly build the market and the bank.  Isaac Newton currently a glorified scout, intended for Glen Kamara, burnt before its campus completed, may settle here eventually.

We're researching Military Science, a leaf tech, as it can be eureka'd with a knight kill, and we can upgrade coursers to calvary.  We have plenty of horses, unlike niter.

yeah agreed russia cant get caught here with it's troops out of position

Second Interturn Update - I want to build things, not just troops

Though the war is ongoing, I rather enjoyed my aspirational take on Aribo, and the turn pace allows me the time to dive a bit more.

City of Allan McGregor

I expected McGregor to be attacked earlier, certainly before Victor established. Now my bombards will have +5 attack (and another +5 from the military alliance), than in the past few turns.

After losing Borna Barasic, Glen Kamara, and Steve Davis all with medieval walls near completion, I don’t want to put hammers into partial renaissance walls. It still smarts— they did buy time for Fel Helander, built from the left-over hammers spent on Great Lighthouse (ouch again).

I start the juicy theatre district, which will raise the city defense by 2. 

City of Connor Goldson

I’d attack this city next.  Juicy districts to pillage, and a safe area to land troops among the ruins of Borna Barasic.  Should I queue up renaissance walls?  Considering taking  the production tiles from McGregor to work through my embarrassment of partials builds.

City of Alfredo Morelos

The city is now safe from attack, so I am finishing the harbor, and will build the Colossus using the builders.  Need to consider the next district to place, theatre district next to two wonders or a discounted encampment.  A Great General would be nice.

City of James Tavernier

In a dream scenario, I wish to build a dike and industrial zone, build ships, and then settle at the coast near Crater lake.  For now, building troops, but an amphitheater and then an art museum or archeological museum for inspirations on main line civics is on the wishlist.  There’s also a Holy Site that’s been placed, but no hammers put into it.

i alwaYS DREAmed of that theater sq

Turn 158

Turn’s come around. Wonder what the look on everyone else’s face will be once the World Congress is called and takes a week and a half to get through, particularly if the uninterested parties (Bruise, Kaiser) don’t get a vote. I’ll be passing the time puttering around in Humankind.

I open the turn to Reformed Church being complete. That’ll be marginally useful as I can slot Wars of Religion, taking out Twilight Valor. I check accept China’s gift of Truffles, note the Russian rejection of my offer and the upcoming World Congress.vote and get on with the turn.

My knight by Adios is dead and there’s a frigate within range at Graceland. The walls have been damaged so that I can’t buy Renaissance walls while I wait for the onslaught. I hit the frigate for 51.

I think Russia might be leaving us alone except for Graceland and Adios. Williams482 is clearly threatening Woden here:

They are not yet at war, nor has anyone denounced. Woden still has a DoF with Australia.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Turn 159: Horsing around

Commit Chinese forces to kill the courser that killed your knight, suboptimal.  Moving the siege east as fast as possible.  Fighting in the tundra, using faith to bring in another courser.

On the diplomatic front, I appear to have goofed by bringing in two proposals.  Perhaps it is accidental genius if it can trigger an early war.

Japan lost its capital, and it appears its other mainland city rebelled.