As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore is Tokugawa of Zulu, or, playing for second place.

novice Wrote:Coalition of the Killing?

So much win smile

...and here's the "loser" bit. Had a ~17% shot of killing the capital.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0067.JPG]

Didn't. Welp, Cyneheard is going to lose for this.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Not all news is bad. Here's the newest city, welcome Gyre into the fold! Calendar is probably the next tech assuming we ever tech again, so those riverside spices will be nice, and in the meanwhile a dry corn and (soon) riverside plains hill mine, plus the shared cows, make this a worthwhile city even now.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG]

I'd like to be able to settle Gimble a little further south along the river too, but need to clear out Coneheads first. Given Pingo are probably feeling elated from their successful capital defense, they might opt to get risky here:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG]

if they roll out and try to kill my axe, then there is a good chance it'll take two, and the second will need to be covered by a spear, giving my chariots (one C1/shock, one C1 3.6/4 hp) a shot at the city with only one spear defending.

Commodore Wrote:...and here's the "loser" bit.

alright
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Well, the interim saw just about average combat luck, with some kills and some wins. I think the momentum just swapped against me, though.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG]

I grabbed a couple of quick kills with the axes. Disappointingly, both fights yielded exactly 1-XP, leaving the great general counter at 29/30. frown Ah well. I hope there isn't a fresh axe on the road tile in range of the Manxome defender, or I'm in trouble.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0085.JPG]

Disappointingly, the scouting warrior found a fresh spear in Coneheads, so all the aggression was for naught. I'll save the chariots by turning them northwards, now it's zone defense and try to hurt Byzantium.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0086.JPG]

Speaking of which, Cyneheard made the interesting choice to promote his axe Woodie II, so there is a small double-move chance if he wants to slip by the impi/axe pair in the northern woods. If so, eh, I can whip out another axe in Mimsy without issue.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0087.JPG]

But yeah. frown

Well, look on the bright side. You took a city before everything stalled. smile

Gaspar Wrote:Well, look on the bright side. You took a city before everything stalled. smile

Yeah, this is 2 city elim, right?
And on the sixth day, god created Manchester.

[SIZE="1"]Played: PBEM13 (China), PBEM17 (India)
Helping out: PBEM23 (Egypt)
Dedlurked: PBEM15 (Ottomans)
Globally lurking: more or less everything else[/SIZE]

spacemanmf Wrote:Yeah, this is 2 city elim, right?

Heh, in terms of "elim" meaning "now has no chance of winning" I suspect it was 1-city-elim here. Ironically for both of us.

Does that mean you were "eliminated" by the barbarians when you lost that settler? cry

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:Does that mean you were "eliminated" by the barbarians when you lost that settler? cry

Yep! Which was totally my fault, I'll own up to my mistakes. So thus far I've killed two civs just this game!