As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

Mardoc Wrote:Thank you. I knew I was missing something...really need to get something back off my plate. At least it looks like Diplo3 is wrapping up smile.

NP. smile

More screenies and micro plans are in the works.
fnord

Our Techer: :love:

[Image: UQ2d9.jpg]

Needs three more turns working the Sage for our Academy.

We'll work the Cotton as soon as the road completes t34 and our unhappy face disapears.

(long and incorrect wall of text re mico stuf snipped)
fnord

We're up again already. I'm logged in as the Elohim, I'll wait a while to play if you'd care to join me.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Been thinking a bit about what the other teams might be up to:

Plako/Kyan/DaveV:

Benefit from a run towards Philo for POWs, a run down the Arcane line for Puppet abuse. Synergises well with an earlyish run at AV/Priesthood.

Plays into a delayed Gifts use if they want to generate a couple of GS's from the Clowns and Illians to bulb Sorcery (plus maybe a third GP, either GS or GP for the AV shrine)

Weakness: Relies heavily on casting units and can be shut down temporarily via the Amurite World Spell.

POW rushing the Amurites with intent to kill might be an option if they don't decide to POW rush us. wink

If successful they'd have a crippled team on one flank and no more Arcane Lacuna to get in the way of Puppet and Summons spam.

I'm not sure if this is their gameplan or not. Those POWs + support might be coming our way. If so I think we can have a very nice welcoming committee of Wolf Riders on the board by the time they tech, build the Ritual and march towards us.

Tech path seems to have been Calendar/Explortation/Mining/Something

My initial guess was that Something was Myst, but none of them have revolted to GK (need to double check F4 to verify). So I'm currently thinking they grabbed either edu or AH. Edu fits with an early run to Aristocracy to power their early tech via Aristo farms. But doesn't play well with an early GS or two. OTOH they don't need the GSs until they're ready to bulb Sorcery so delaying them isn't bad.

I think they misplayed turn -1 though. The Lurichip would have done very well with the Elohim start position (settle in the same spot we did, work Silks for 5 net hpt towards Wood Golems. WGS complete t6, 12 and 18. Capital grows t7, 12, 15, 18, 20 and 23. ) and the Illians would be better off with the hammer filled Orc start position to enable fast construction of the POW ritual.

Instead, they swapped locations. I'm guessing that they were figuring that the Lurichip can feed WG worker turns to both partners more easily.
fnord

Teching thoughts:

We should have Mining by eot 41 with Masonry by eot 45. That should give us our first Warrens circa turn 52 at fastest build. If we delay the Warrens by a couple of turns in order to grow NBA to size 7 (needs Religion Civic and a PT plus another 2/3 turns of growth) we can be putting out 14 food (feeds 7 pop) and 17 base hammers at size 7. (Working one Agrarian FP, 1x Winery, 1x Reagents Plantaion, 3x Grass Hill mines and 1x Plains Hill mine). That's 42 net hammers when building settlers. So 7 turns after we'll have built 4 more settlers. ie around t62. eek

If we settle all of those settlers as Orc cities we're going to run into serious maintenance problems.

I'm thinking we use one of the first settler pair to grab the double cotton site to the West of the Orcs. No food specials in sight, but several riverside grass tiles to be farmed for growth and 2 cottons for the Orcs and Elohim make the city worthwhile.

The other settler heads of towards the Elohim and builds a city for them (possibly on the Sheep/Silk site between Elhomin/Calabim borders?)

I'm liking the corn site as our next elohim city:

[Image: uI2pb.jpg]

It gets Corn in it's inner ring + enough Forested tiles to build/chop a Reliquary, it's on a hill, it gets Wines, Corn, two unique GL hills, one PH, and two unique riveside grallands in it's BFC.

It's not a superstar long term, but it gets us fast food and hammers rolling for the Elohim. Also, with a border pop it spawn busts a very large area in the middle of our three civs which will help once people start settling expansion cities and the barbs start appearing (figure another 3/4 turns maybe a bit more but not much)

Can be founded t44 with corn farmed t45 and connected t46.

Worker actions: Road farm t38, r grass tile 1 of Farm t39. Move one worker to Silks t40 and the other to the Forested Grassland tile t40. T41/42 workers road. EoT 42 Settler finishes. t43 settler moves to silk tile and both workers move to the forested grass 3 of the new city site.
t44 both workers road *then* the settler + 2 warriors move to the city site.

T45 found city and move both workers to corn and start farm. Farm completes t46. City grows to size 2 eot 47.

The other possible site is the Sheep/Silks site. I like the site, but not as our second Elohim city. It'll need AH plus time to grow (+4 fpt at size 1 vs +6 fpt in the Corn city). Pluses: Can be founded a turn faster and gets Second Silks connected a lot faster

Overall, I like Corn with the next Elohim settler and the Sheep Silks site a bit later, built by an Orc settler.

[Image: In1Xi.jpg]
fnord

Thoth Wrote:We should have Mining by eot 41 with Masonry by eot 45. That should give us our first Warrens circa turn 52 at fastest build. If we delay the Warrens by a couple of turns in order to grow NBA to size 7 (needs Religion Civic and a PT plus another 2/3 turns of growth) we can be putting out 14 food (feeds 7 pop) and 17 base hammers at size 7. (Working one Agrarian FP, 1x Winery, 1x Reagents Plantaion, 3x Grass Hill mines and 1x Plains Hill mine). That's 42 net hammers when building settlers. So 7 turns after we'll have built 4 more settlers. ie around t62. eek
Wait, what? Did I hear you right? You're talking better than a settler/2 turns? Before the city hits size 10?
yikes

Quote:I'm thinking we use one of the first settler pair to grab the double cotton site to the West of the Orcs. No food specials in sight, but several riverside grass tiles to be farmed for growth and 2 cottons for the Orcs and Elohim make the city worthwhile.
Makes sense to me.
Quote:I'm liking the corn site as our next elohim city:

It's not a superstar long term, but it gets us fast food and hammers rolling for the Elohim.

That sounds like a perfect 2nd city. Jumpstart the snowball, and don't care about long term. It'll be good enough.
Quote:Overall, I like Corn with the next Elohim settler and the Sheep Silks site a bit later, built by an Orc settler.
Sounds like a plan. And actually - with the potential for four settlers/7 turns - I don't want any more non-Orcish settlers than are currently in queue, except maybe if we've got a specific purpose in mind (like commerce monster that needs a library, or Elohim HE for Monks). Put every other city to workers/garrisons and we still probably can't keep up with that rate.

Edit: One caveat. Let's figure out how to clear out that spider, or at least spot it. It's uncomfortably close to the corn site, and spiders aren't always perfectly stationary.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Mardoc Wrote:Wait, what? Did I hear you right? You're talking better than a settler/2 turns? Before the city hits size 10?
yikes

Technically it's 4 settlers every 7 turns. but close enough.

Jonas. heart

Quote:That sounds like a perfect 2nd city. Jumpstart the snowball, and don't care about long term. It'll be good enough.

That plus it's mainly a hammer city to push out units (with Spirit Guides).

And the Elohim cap is great for Comm, it sucks a bit for hammers. wink

Quote:Sounds like a plan. And actually - with the potential for four settlers/7 turns - I don't want any more non-Orcish settlers than are currently in queue, except maybe if we've got a specific purpose in mind (like commerce monster that needs a library, or Elohim HE for Monks). Put every other city to workers/garrisons and we still probably can't keep up with that rate.

We'll want those Orc settlers.....but we'll want Aristo farms and or City States cottages to pay for them all. :D

Quote:Edit: One caveat. Let's figure out how to clear out that spider, or at least spot it. It's uncomfortably close to the corn site, and spiders aren't always perfectly stationary.

We can settle the Corn city in safety at the possible cost of a warrior.

T44 the settler and two warriors move onto the hill. Worst case scenario, the spider kills one war. T45 we settle and the spider gets the boot from our territory.

Once Edu/AH are in we have the option of spending some hammers on c1/SA scouts. With Spirit Guide. wink
fnord

Bloody @#!%ing hell. The settler was 1 tile outside our borders, in a forest, covered by a CI warrior, nothing in sight. And this happened.

[Image: PB1%20T35%20Griff.JPG]

Working on revising the plans with Thoth.

banghead
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

OMFG.
fnord

There were *TWO* freaking tiles it could have come from.

And it beat our C1 Warrior on Forest.

On the plus side, once Edu is in and we swap the Elohim into Nationhood/Apprenticeship/Conquest we can pump out 6-10 C1/SA Scouts with Spirit Guides from Rum.
fnord