As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New EitB succession game

Sure, I'll just keep playing a set a week or so to keep things warm until people are ready to pick this up again. Should have a chance over this (holiday) weekend.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

I'll be back down in Cork tomorrow and can pick up the game for a set (or slightly more if we're close to domination). Consider this a got it unless you're already playing the set Shallow Thought, whereupon I'll wait for the new save.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(August 28th, 2022, 08:47)Brian Shanahan Wrote: I'll be back down in Cork tomorrow and can pick up the game for a set (or slightly more if we're close to domination).  Consider this a got it unless you're already playing the set Shallow Thought, whereupon I'll wait for the new save.

TL;DR - the Luichirp are gone, the Orcs killed the Lanun, I have built far too many units and am now rampaging through Orc territory: their big stacks seem to be coming in from the peninsula to the east.

Full report to come tomorrow, but in case I'm lazy / distracted or you just want to get started here's the save.

Attached Files
.zip   EitB SG 2022 Turn - 300.zip (Size: 446.5 KB / Downloads: 1)
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

The report.

I realise, the turn after coming out of the GA, exactly how many units I built last set. We may have been better off switching out of Conquest and Sacrifice into Trade and Consumption. We've got a merch/sage pair but getting a third non-sage person for another GA may now be hard.

I have switched back to infrastructure builds in a lot of places, particularly coastal cities, more because throwing more units in at the moment is more work than is justified.

Spare sages have been used to bulb us to Pass Through the Ether, and the Nexus is under construction. We picked up Divine Essence from a shipwreck and Mithril - there is a source at Braduk the Burning we'll be able to exploit soon.

The Luichirp went down fast, and the Orcs are tumbling, having finished off the Lanun just as we started to invade.

We have their capital and one of the core former Lanun cities with the Necronomicon. We have one big stack lead by Rosier and a second led by Mardero working their way east, hopefully close enough for mutual support. The Orcish army is coming in - the only stack I've seen is this one, but there may be more.

We have a third, smaller stack heading south-east towards the Orcish gem city. It may be vulnerable if the Orcs get serious about producing more units.

We've started settling the southern islands - I decided to get a party on the second island ahead of finishing settling the first, but it may actually be a bit weak to hold ground until the Nexus is up.

It should be straightforward from here, particularly once the Nexus is up and solves our transport difficulties. Once it's in place it should be easy to drop a pair of Savants (or other tier 1 clerics) into captured cities to pop them immediately. I could probably have lined up this support manually, but it was more effort than I had to hand.

Once thing to note that I missed is that we also have the Lyre somewhere in one of the former Luichirp cities (Ithralia?) and it should be moved to help us get culture cover, particularly where we need third ring.

Right, I have the save and will get to it later on and possibly tomorrow, depending on how long turns take. Expect micro to be non-existent and note taking to be restricted to major events.

Game is played, turned into a pretty routine finish for the last turns. I actually thought we'd need another set.

First thing I did was survey our monstrosity of an empire and decided to turn up the culture to max sustainable rate (60% later 70%) because we had a lot of cities well spaced out in our conquests and hitting third ring would speed up Domination. Over the next few turns I systematically beat down on the orcs and eliminated them on turn 306, along with capturing a number of barb cities that popped up in auspicious locations. I also settled the islands to make more land.

On turn 309 about four cities popped borders to take us over the 62% domination limit. If we couldn't have gotten domination on our own continent I was repositioning our army to hit the Sheaim across the channel. Their main cities were weekly defended and would have fallen from rushing off the boats. All we needed was a few more Queens of the Line.

The ending saves, the turn before and winning turn save are included.

Good game all, it was a pleasure playing with you all, we showed the AIs how to roll and I'd be delighted to play another SG with you again.

PS We got an artist out of the city forcing a Great Person, so once I had the scientist (I merged the other one) pick up the Crown of Akharien and deposit it in the capital, I triggered our 3GP golden age.

Attached Files
.zip   single.zip (Size: 911.67 KB / Downloads: 0)

Nice finish thumbsup .

Good job finishing things off, guys. Sorry to flake out at the end.