As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

Busy Saturday today. I will not make my turn in the next 12 hours.

Cool your horses, thrawn. I am staring at one screen, the turn is nearly done.

Playtimes seem atrocious from organization. One turn per day this early on a weekend?

(May 23rd, 2021, 08:26)TheArchduke Wrote: Playtimes seem atrocious from organization. One turn per day this early on a weekend?

This morning I literally just got out of bed 20 minutes ago.  The good news is that my wife stayed in bed for those 20 minutes and I was able to play the turn. 

Yesterday I had the chance to go out and see friends for the first time since October, thanks to this pandemic, so I was gone for most of the afternoon.  I'll be home most of the day doing yard work so should be able to get to multiple turns if they come around.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(May 23rd, 2021, 08:26)TheArchduke Wrote: Playtimes seem atrocious from organization. One turn per day this early on a weekend?

it's your turn in 20! :D
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Yes, and the PBEM 21 turn is done in 5 seconds and my wife does not get suspicious.

20 is another matter.smile

Just so I know Alhambram, when do you need the turn? I got the distinct feeling that I do not need to hurry in the morning anyway. Would make things easier for me if I could always take the 2 hours until I am at work.

(May 26th, 2021, 22:11)TheArchduke Wrote: Just so I know Alhambram, when do you need the turn? I got the distinct feeling that I do not need to hurry in the morning anyway. Would make things easier for me if I could always take the 2 hours until I am at work.

Generally I need to have save before 7:30 CET in mornings. My starting time to be present at job varies between 8:00 and 9:00 (today 9:00). With 15 minutes travel time with bicycle, I can do a quick turn between 7:30 and 7:45 if my job is starting at 8:00.
Past month there were some national holiday days, at that days I stayed home and was able to play turns in late mornings.

Good to know. I should be able to toss you the turn a bit earlier this month.

Except for the next week starting Wednesday. I would need a sub for 6 days, as I am travelling abroad and internet will be spotty.

I'll see what I can do about trying to get a morning turn in for a little bit since they are still quick right now.

The upcoming weekend is a 3-day weekend for me (Monday is a holiday) so I should be good for multi-turn days on Saturday and Sunday (and maybe Monday, though that's a travel day).

Speaking of vacations I'll be civ-less from Jul 12th - Jul 16th - first vacation since before PBEM 18 started.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)