As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILER] Kyan + thestick. Is that the best you can do?

My weekly dose of weed hit, and I realized that Aqueducts required Masonry. HG will be started T62 instead.

Calendar doesn't seem like such a good idea anymore, it's ~15 turns away at breakeven! Metal Casting->Iron Working might have been a good idea, but then again, jungle cities take a while to be productive. Mackoti and Nakor have divided the jungles between them:

It looks like there are about 6 more mainland sites left.

Unhappiness is still a huge problem:

The three main options I see are growing vertically with Calendar, growing vertically with Metal Casting, or growing horizontally with Sailing/Currency, with an off chance of a bit of both with Iron Working and Gems.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Pics later.

Nix was settled, Cow is improved next turn, along with Charon's Wheat. Should shoot the Crop Yield up even more. Research is down to only 30%.

I polished off Sailing, thinking it would give me trade routes with Sian (I could see the icon by his name). It didn't, I guess I need to defog a path.

Anyway, I dumped some overflow into a Work Boat in Eris, then will whip Worker, then finish the Work Boat. I'll whip that Aqueduct in Makemake next turn.

I'll head up to Calendar after Sailing, then start expanding again.

Mackoti's improving his jungled Marble... Parthenon or MoM?
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

As mentioned, Nix was settled:

Lots of grassland, great!

(Apologies if this is getting boring.)

Anyway, here are the central jungles, most likely a site of expansion in the near future:

Looks like I've found the center of the continent, and haven't claimed my slice of it yet. It looks like Nakor took 'my' Gems. I probably lost the Marble too.

Also, it looks like my slice right now is about 20% of the continent, and settling the remaining unclaimed areas will bump it to only about 30%. Queg really is getting in the way.

In foreign news, I checked the diplo advisor, and Sian and Shoot had one war with each other, with Sian declaring. They're at peace now, and they're still locked in a peace treaty.

And I just realized how huge Colossus would be for me. I have tons of coastal cities, and am probably going to settle more with islands and Carthage. And I'm Industrious. I should've thought of that sooner...

Demographics:

Is low Exports-Imports good or is high Exports-Imports good? I thought that low was good, meaning that you're importing more than you export, but I'm not getting any imports right now (I think).

thestick Wrote:Is low Exports-Imports good or is high Exports-Imports good? I thought that low was good, meaning that you're importing more than you export, but I'm not getting any imports right now (I think).

High is good. It's how much you're gaining in trade minus how much other people are gaining from trading with you.

DaveV Wrote:High is good. It's how much you're gaining in trade minus how much other people are gaining from trading with you.

Thanks, I'm bleeding trade route income now, at -39 on Exports-Imports. Rival Worst is at 0. I could use about 20 extra gold per turn. I'll probably need to cut OB to one of them pre-Currency.

This turn was uneventful. I turned off research and started stockpiling cash for Calendar. Makemake whipped its Aqueduct, and the Workers prechopped some forests. The guys in Charon are going to improve those Horses now.

It looks like the economy will be down while I wait for something: cottages to mature, Charon and Nix to mature, or trade routes to be formed.

Still more nothing is happening. Growing, dealing with unhappiness, the like. Makemake started the Hanging Gardens, next turn it'll be at 20/134. Looks like it'll complete T71. I hope that's not too late...

I whipped a Worker in Eris and am overflowing into a scouting Work Boat. I'm running out of things to build. I couldn't figure out what to build in Ceres, so I'm whipping a Worker. Lighthouse seemed somewhat useless without any seafood, and Settler seemed like a bad idea.

I wish I could cancel Open Borders, but apparently they can't be cancelled yet.

Alt-click on the player's name, it cancels all deals.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:Alt-click on the player's name, it cancels all deals.

DoW and then immediately make peace?

thestick Wrote:DoW and then immediately make peace?

Drastic, because they might refuse, but it is a solution.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I decided to take Commodore's advice and stop giving out 20 GPT to each of Shoot and Sian. I think they'll sign peace, but if they don't, I guess I'll need to start getting an actual navy up. I got a water route with Nakor, and now Nakor's giving me 14 GPT for free. I plan to reopen borders once I get a route to their lands.

Good thing Great Lighthouse was banned, that'd be ridiculous.

I whipped a Worker in Ceres. Haumea was scheduled for a whip, and I decided to whip a Lighthouse to power up those Fish. I forgot that Pluto was scheduled for a whip, but I'm fine with it growing to a larger size and working another cottage.

I was considering setting Hydra, the Fish filler city, but decided against it until the breakeven rate reaches at least 50%.

Charon and Nix have their food connected:

At Charon, I'm chopping one of the Forests and improving the Ivory, then it's cottaging time. At Nix, I'm just cottaging those grasslands, since there aren't any forests to chop.

Demographics at breakeven:

At 0%, GNP drops to 6th. Rival Best crop yield is either Makoti or Shoot the Moon, Mackoti has the top score while Shoot has eight cities.