As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New / Returning Players PB Game

One question about state of war: player B declares war on player A in 2nd half. Aftewards player C declares war on player A. Should player C play in 2nd half also? Should player C play before or after player B?

Thank you all for the game.

I will now go and lick my wounds.

(September 29th, 2024, 02:42)giraflorens Wrote: One question about state of war: player B declares war on player A in 2nd half. Afterwards player C declares war on player A. Should player C play in 2nd half also? Should player C play before or after player B?

Depends on the situation.
In general, the rules are intended to prevent unfair advantages that can result from an unfixed turn order.

As already mentioned, the clear case is the 2 moves in war against the opponent.
However, it is also possible to make contact and move away again immediately or move past a sentry net with a double move.

In addition, races for a city (site) fall into this category (although we actually voted for a coin toss here, which in my opinion could be extended towards 2 forces before the same city).
What is often forgotten but has even more important implications is the loss of culture.
The only example I can think of is PB74.

Generally speaking, a turn order between (temporary) allies should be followed if they operate in the same area. - Or is someone demands this.

@Rick You are welcome to read and ask questions in my story.
I think the same applies to the other stories. From the feedback in PB72, I would recommend asking Mjmd (as in Miro Story).

GG Rickety!

Gira, I ended my turn a bit premature.
I'm sorry, but I really would prefer if you don't end your turn and I could get lurker feedback tomorrow.
It's 1 am in Germany right now.

I think SD or tarkeel could end your turn if you only play and I got my feedback.

(October 3rd, 2024, 18:26)xist10 Wrote: Gira, I ended my turn a bit premature.
I'm sorry, but I really would prefer if you don't end your turn and I could get lurker feedback tomorrow.
It's 1 am in Germany right now.

I think SD or tarkeel could end your turn if you only play and I got my feedback.

Keine probleme, Herr Xixt10.  I already made my moves, so we can roll the turn when you are ready.  (Or SD or Tarkeel can do it, I don't mind).

Thanks. I did change my approach.
I'm finished for this turn.

I rolled the turn via pbspy.

I do plan to end the turn today. I delayed it again because I do hope to get feedback again.

Okay, here it is.
Could we extend the timer by at least 8 hours, better even 12 hours for the current situation ?
We have a good turn pace (for my Civforum sensibilities), but I expect, my window this turn will be about 3h long. Less if I want to give coldrain a bit of space to log in again.
Because I will end the turn, my next window will be even smaller.

Add the fact, that the situation even wouldn't really improve if I let the timer run out, because I will go to bed a short bit later, I would like to have another small window to play in the morning. I don't want to play a complicated turn before going to bed.
So I would like to extend the turn timer, that I could end the turn at about 21 UTC and the turn would go till 9 UTC 2 day later.
I don't think that would change the turn pace, but there is a bit of a possibility.

Otherwise, I think I might need a short-term pause or extension in a few cases