As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB69] New hyper-random game TECH

I know. Just making a joke. I'll play soon. Nobody's asked for a pause.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.

Cool, glad to hear hatsoff
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Alarmingly, the Celts are unowned and I don't think extension requests are forthcoming from there. We skip, or auction, or hand off to Scooter..?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

If we need some sort of administrative solution, I'll stop being coy.

I'm planning to attack Celtia this turn (130) and have been waiting for Ginger to play. I was playing chicken as Pind puts it and planned to log in in 5 minutes. Didn't want the second half getting away from me.

Honestly, I wouldn't shed a tear if the civ I'm about to attack misses a turn wink but if Celtia is completely unpiloted, we should probably pause in order to find a replacement and let them play t130. More fool me.

Edit: Either way it's a pain. Either Celtia misses a turn or a replacement knows the attack is coming. C'est la vie.

That sucks. alright

I'd messaged Miguelito on Discord but I think he's already abed. And... he's not really at fault, man's been going above and beyond the call of dedlurking.

Maybe we do let it skip.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Turn played. 20 minutes until the roll. No combat took place, if reload necessary.

Fwiw, a random lurker suggestion is to let the turn roll this time, but find a replacement (or the original player) for the next. Seems harsh to penalise nauf for his planned-opponent not playing the turn.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(March 31st, 2023, 18:58)naufragar Wrote: I'm planning to attack Celtia this turn (130) and have been waiting for Ginger to play. I was playing chicken as Pind puts it and planned to log in in 5 minutes. Didn't want the second half getting away from me.

For the record, I find both playing timer games and publicly posting about war plans entirely inappropriate. We already have one superdeath here who is willing to make everyone uncomfortable to get that coveted second half. Another one would be too much.

I think we need to reload the game, pause and either sort out the situation with Ginger and Miguelito or find them a replacement. Making a civ skip turn right before the attack is just silly.

(March 31st, 2023, 20:25)Gavagai Wrote: Making a civ skip turn right before the attack is just silly.

While I absolutely agree with you on this, I just want to point out how Ginger disappearing has seemed to line up with Naufrager being ready to attack.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player