As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

I think I started a thread somewhere, it involved also some set of rules for ceding cities. Somewhere along the lines it derailed.

I would be up for it, but this is something we could start in May after Firaxis probably nerfs the ÜberCivs it created.

(April 8th, 2021, 03:38)thrawn Wrote: What does everyone think about creating our own balance mod? 

There are multiple discussions on that - some in the General Civilizations thread, some in pre-PBEM discussions (PBEM 15, I think, PBEM 18 as well).  Might want to go back through those to see what was discussed.  Likewise, many of the changes that were suggested have not been evaluated in the current game state.  Besides, we need to see (and play) under the massive rebalance patch to have an idea as to what needs fixing.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Modding via XMl isn't actually that bad. The first attempt at the community patch came together rather quickly but never saw implementation outside of one or two spot checks.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

I could maybe talk myself into playing - not sure how much work two PBEMs at once would be in practice, but I've been having a great time playing so far. I'd probably prefer the normal rules to a no-raze rule, though, since I'm pretty inexperienced at fighting and could use some more practice at getting rushed and hopefully not dying lol. If other people are interested, feel free to speak up even though it'd make 5 with me - I'm a little undecided and can give up my spot if it would block someone else from participating.

I am signing up for this PBEM, starting in May after patch is fine. Ljubljana, don't worry, 5 persons are fine too.
Altough I wonder whether rebalancing 2/3 of civs are for all versions or NFP only to have older civs adjust to new features of NFP.
I also prefer normal rules instead no raze rule.

Ok.

Mapmaker:

Kaiser

Players:

TheArchduke
Suboptimal
Thrawn
Ljubljana
Alhambram

5 would be a good number for a decent turnpace and a bit of unbalance, so I would run with that number.

Ban List:

Civs:
-Hungary
-Colombia
-Australia
-Scythia
-Babylon

Other:
-Venetian Arsenal
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Nan Madol
-No pillaging City-State tiles except for farms and fishing boats.

The ban list is subject to change when the rebalance hits.
What we could go ahead is for Kaiser to start design a map which will take about 2 weeks anyway.

Input needed:

My preference for a map would be Continents or Inland Sea. Please advise if that is okay with you. I would leave the final decision to Kaiser.

I would like to have a roll for civs as I really like the mindgame of what to choose and predict what other choose as well. Something to be done after the april patch.

The guys at civforum.de tend to ban Work Ethic as well.

At the very least Work Ethic paired with an adjacency pantheon needs to be banned, like Ichabod and thrawn did in their duel. It's such a powerful combo that it'll grow to dominate the early game if left unchecked.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Archduke's list looks fine, pending the balance patch in a couple of weeks. Likewise, I think banning the combination of Work Ethic + adjacency pantheon is a good idea. As for the map I'll leave it to Kaiser's discretion.

(April 9th, 2021, 07:35)suboptimal Wrote: Archduke's list looks fine, pending the balance patch in a couple of weeks.  Likewise, I think banning the combination of Work Ethic + adjacency pantheon is a good idea.  As for the map I'll leave it to Kaiser's discretion.

Same thoughts, also good idea to wait with eventual mods till april patch comes out.