As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Imperium 42 - Closing Day! (Life, the Universe, and Everything)

Game finished, report in progress and will be ready when this closes. Fun game - looking forward to sharing when the event closes. smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Mechanical question: does the Mrrshan's attack bonus also count for their missile bases or only their ships? The manual (and what Internet resources I've dug up) are not clear.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

(June 17th, 2017, 15:26)shallow_thought Wrote: Mechanical question: does the Mrrshan's attack bonus also count for their missile bases or only their ships? The manual (and what Internet resources I've dug up) are not clear.

I believe the Mrrshan attack bonus applies to anything and everything in combat. You can also confirm it in-game during a fight (where you have bases) by hitting the "P" button to display the planet information. The bonus should be reflected in the attack bonus on that screen. (Any attack bonus from the missiles themselves - e.g. +1 for Hyper-X, +3 for Stingers - is not displayed there, but does apply.) The Alkari defense bonus, by contrast, does apply only to their ships.

(June 18th, 2017, 02:28)RefSteel Wrote:
(June 17th, 2017, 15:26)shallow_thought Wrote: Mechanical question: does the Mrrshan's attack bonus also count for their missile bases or only their ships? The manual (and what Internet resources I've dug up) are not clear.

I believe the Mrrshan attack bonus applies to anything and everything in combat.  You can also confirm it in-game during a fight (where you have bases) by hitting the "P" button to display the planet information.  The bonus should be reflected in the attack bonus on that screen.  (Any attack bonus from the missiles themselves - e.g. +1 for Hyper-X, +3 for Stingers - is not displayed there, but does apply.)  The Alkari defense bonus, by contrast, does apply only to their ships.

Thanks. It did occur to me that I could run some sort of sim and check the battle screen, but I'm lazy.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

It's closing day for Imperium 42! Please post your reports in the Tournament Reports and Discussion forum by the end of Tuesday, your local time. (If you haven't had time to write up a full report, you can just post the basic results of your game - e.g. the in-game dates on which you first achieved the requirements of any awards for which you're competing, and a description of how and if you defeated the Guardian - and add in the full report later in the week.)

Because of the nature of the zany awards/scoring system for this one, the Heart of Gold Award will be given to whoever gets the most votes for "most stylish method of defeating the Guardian" - and anybody is allowed to vote, whether you played the game, or have ever played Master of Orion before, or have ever posted in the forum before, or not! Vote by posting in the relevant thread; you can always change your vote any time between now and Wednesday night in case another, even more stylish report gets posted late.

I hope everybody had fun with this one - I'm looking forward to reading the reports! (After I finish assembling my own, naturally!)

Dang, this snuck up on me. I'm going to remain unspoiled until the upcoming weekend so that I can maybe do a proper shadow game (assuming I have any more time next weekend than the past few).
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Ha! It didn't sneak up on me. I've been watching it come closer like a cow staring at an oncoming train. I'm really sorry to have missed this one but life is suddenly a lot busier than it used to be. Maybe I'll get in a shadow game but I know better than to promise anything. Too bad for me!  cry

(July 10th, 2017, 15:18)thrawn Wrote: Ref, where do we vote for the HoG award?

Just reply to the thread with the report you think is most worthy of the award! You can just say, "This gets my vote for the Heart of Gold" or whatever. If you change your mind when another report is posted, you can just say so in the new thread (or you can wait until all the reports are up and make your choice then of course).