As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOLERS] yuris125, Pitboss 71. The battle Warrior of Light is unlikely to win

Which is a pretty amazing achievement, one must say.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Golfclap

I've been thinking about overall state of the game and how it's likely to develop. I noted during early stages of war with Superdeath how it was playing into Krill's hands. Krill has been a major power for the entire game, has powerful wonders (including Pyramids), and currently has a substantial score lead. He also has Superdeath (already on the way out), myself (weakened into oblivion by the war), and Bing (not sure what he's doing, but his army is barely stronger than mine) for neighbours. There's plenty of territory he can still claim from us if he feels the need

It won't be long before Commodore / Thoth / Pindicator start thinking about a dogpile against Krill. And that's where the problem lies. I don't think Thoth can reach Krill without going through me. It is possible he viewed Old Sharlayan as key to opening the path in that direction, which was logical when it was in Superdeath's hands. Now that it's back under my control, Thoth has to contend with this large orange area with 40% cultural defences being in the way

I don't think the dogpile is imminent, but movement in this direction will probably start happening when the era of knights arrives. I need to do everything in my power to not be viewed as an obstacle to it

Conclusion: I should research Alphabet and sign open borders with Thoth

We know that Thoth doesn't have his own horses; he may well choose to attack me anyway, so that he doesn't have to rely on my supplies. But that's something I can't control

My own plans, by the way, once I rebuild Old Sharlayan's tile improvements and take the barb city, have to involve attacking Bing, that's the most realistic way for me to acquire more land

Tried turning science on. I currently make 29 beakers/turn at 100% science. On turn 139

This is a little less than what I would like

(August 2nd, 2023, 16:33)yuris125 Wrote: Tried turning science on. I currently make 29 beakers/turn at 100% science. On turn 139

This is a little less than what I would like

Its more than 0, which I think is where a lot of us expected you at this stage, so  toast

Took the barb city without losses. Kept it - as I said, razing a size 3 city which is not under an immediate threat felt too wasteful

Thoth reseached Alphabet himself and offered open borders right away. Accepted - signing that was the plan all along
Krill asked for OB as well, and I would rather stay on his good side, so accepted as well. He will see my weak army, but he knows he's much stronger than me from power graphs, doesn't really change much

Plan now is to get some forges up, get a great engineer to help towards Engineering, while self-teching towards Feudalism for longbows. At the same time, build a war elephant / catapult stack for a war against Bing. I will go by myself if I have to - as I said, it's my most realistic expansion prospect - but mostly I need to be ready to jump in if Krill attacks him again

I will keep sending horses to Thoth indefinitely - speaking of realistic expansion prospects, I'm probably one for him, so I'll do all I can to not see me as such. And I can live without building chariots / horse archers. If I live long enough to unlock Knights when they're still relevant, I will reconsider

It's T150 and I'm still alive \o/

That's about all I can offer in terms of updates. Ishgard and Kugane are the only two productive cities, working on war elephants and catapults to throw at Bing when an opportunity presents itself. Krill just offered my one of his horses, so I will be able to throw a sentry chariot into Ishgard's build queue. Old Sharlayan and Rhalgr's Reach (the former barb city) are still rebuilding; Rhalgr's Reach is working on library before forge because it needs 2nd ring asap. Garlemald... exists - it just finished barracks and will now perpetually build catapults. I replaced the fort on the iron with a mine, didn't realise an icy iron mine is as good as a plains hill mine, and now that Rhalgr's Reach exists and the iron is well and truly in the backlines, fort's defensive bonuses are no longer relevant

Commodore sent a "stop trading with Krill" diplo message, looks like early soundings for a dogpile (even if I'm sure he's realistic about how much I would be able to contribute). Anyway, I just cannot accept it in the current situation. I do recognise the advantage Krill has, but don't think he's getting that much out of open borders with me, and our other deals are heavily skewed in my favour (he's sending me gems + cow for fish and horses for free)

Sent the deal back to Commodore with him sending me horses, hope he interprets it correctly, as in "I would need at alternative source of horses to consider it"

As I said before, don't think I cannot stop sending my horses to Thoth, because as soon as I cancel that deal, Thoth is very likely to come and take my horses by force

So um..... remember that diplo exchange with Commodore I mentioned, that Commodore asked me to stop trading with Krill, and I offered it back in exchange for Commodore sending me horses? I thought the "stop trading" diplo clause, if accepted, breaks open borders agreements, so when I logged in the following turn and saw that Krill and I still had open borders, I thought Commodore declined the offer, as I assumed he would. Well, today I was checking the current deals, and saw that I was getting horses from Commodore, not from Krill, and I had no deals with Krill apart from open borders. So I guess Commodore accepted? Was I expected to keep OB with Krill then, or is it a bug? Would the spirit of the game require me to cancel OB now that I recognised it?

I would normally say this sounds like a bug, but I know nothing of RtR.