As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] joey and scooter's thread: FUN THINGS ONLY

Small update. dtay built his third wonder, the Jewish shrine (has to be him, he had a huge score jump in the middle of his turn), which is probably worth MEGABUXXX. Just as a rough guess: Judiasm has spread thus far to 12% of the world's population, according to the religion screen, and, based on a rough guess of 10 cities per civ that aren't the lurker, jowy, or barry, then 12%*10*31=37.2gpt, and he probably already has a market there too. So, he's pulling in like 46.5gpt from his great person, which I'd rate slighly better than the 46.5bpt that I'll soon be bringing in from my Academy when Bureau is up. Of course, he can also get an Academy, while I can't also get a shrine... really powerful for him!

Other news is pretty dull. Just growing my cities, basically; got 3 forges almost up, with another 3 to follow likely before 1AD. Iron mine finished, connected next turn.

TBS sent me back 65 gold, I guess as a thank you for the gold I gave him earlier during his Furungy war. (which is now over) I guess it really helped him a lot...

right to left
[Image: dKMu9i6.png]

So, sure dude, lets be friends. I'd even hesitantly offer him OB, but, as his power spiked insanely recently, likely from tons of Horcher whips, I'd rather wait a bit until I can make a reasonable military showing beyond the token 2 units/city on my western front.

All quiet T109. Bacchus cancelled our silver/ivory trade, a turn before Zoo finished the Palace. ;[ Oh well, 2f/1c lost. Pretty uneventful turn, otherwise. Looks like TBS wants to steal a deer and maybe two forests from me up north, blugh...

(July 23rd, 2014, 20:22)NobleHelium Wrote: If the food is somewhere else, that other place can be whipped just as well.

Actually many small city whip more efficiently, especially in rbmod. If there were 2 food specials in one city providing the entire surplus if food for that city, it could whip once per 10 turns sustainably. If you split it between two cities, you get two whips. In addition, the double-food city will grow larger such that whipping occurs at a larger size with a worse foodhammer ratio.

Whether that benefit recoups the cost of Jojo's settler is another question entirely. However, more cities is generally better anyway.

New turn up. Logged in to find an offer from TBS: crab and deer for corn. I think he just wants the extra health? The crab and deer don't really do anything for me; I have like 3 sources of deer that I don't have hooked (expansive + 2 grain + HG = 17 health in each of my cities), but it could be related to this situation:

Two things here. First, he just settled that new city, and just switched into caste. Now, there's nothing really I can do about him taking the deer 1st-ring and so it goes; however, if he pops borders up there right away I will pretty pissed off, pissed off enough to do something about it. Those two forests are very important to getting this city jump-started, and I just finally got a worker up here to cut them down. (as I had so many tied up in my failed MoM attempt.)

The second thing is this:

My constant culture has finally pushed back his on-again-off-again caste fuckery by the slightest of margins. I might not even keep these tiles for more than 1 turn. Borders pop to 3rd ring in just a few turns; whoever pops them first will likely keep those two food tiles for a very long time, barring a war. I *really* want to keep them and don't have any other way of getting culture in here. (although my barracks should get the 1000 year doubler bonus in 3 turns I think)

So, is this trade request asking me to keep being nice to him? I think it is, and I decided to continue being nice (or at the very least, fairly polite and courteous). However, he better be nice in return, because I might be all he has left to turn to. Furungy is still cornered like a rat and likely to try his luck again with catapults this time once their peace treaty is up. Xenu and TBS have remained at war for quite some time now, by the way, and from looking at these graphs I just got on Xenu:

I have to say that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in a stalemate war with the guy!! Now, my power has leveled a bit, sure, so maybe TBS feels like he can push me around a bit for now, but I have 2 forges online now, another the turn after, a couple more a few turns after that, and just whipped quite a bit of military this turn.

In international news, the statue of zeus got picked up somewhere. Could be dtay or BGN; plako and Xenu also got big score jumps, but my Wonders screen shows that it isn't either of them. Palace done, CS in 2.

Ugh. Looks like he hired 3 caste artists last turn; can expect the same from him this turn I'm sure. Might be enough to get his 3rd ring pop next; my third ring pops in 3 turns (well, 4 with the revolt) otherwise. I'm probably screwed over here frown He also has a confucian missionary up in Sledding, so I'm sure I can expect the same bullshit up there.

Met Krill+Novice this turn, via an exploring warrior on Xenu's coast. He has 16 cites - he sure as hell is gonna get a lot out of them Mids. 0__0 I sent him my marble-for-ivory trade that I've been sending everyone; I'm sure it will get rejected. Still, lets them (and everyone else) know that I'm willing to trade for it later, so why the hell not at least offer.

Settler done this turn (overflow into Moai), sending him up to that Sheep spot in my central north, i.e. the tile that the other settler (the one used to found Chicken Coop) had been heading to before.

Dazed's post in the tech thread made me realize that I forgot to mention that he is at war with Furungy. Furungy took a city from him last turn, and I have a feeling TBS is gonna crash his big horcher stack into one or the other of them very soon.

Krovice rejected my Ivory/Marble deal and re-offered Ivory/Silks. thumbsdown

what

Wed Jul 30 10:51:56 2014NoviceTurn 112Disconnected
Wed Jul 30 10:51:56 2014NoviceTurn 112Score decreased from 304 to 281
Wed Jul 30 10:12:55 2014NoviceTurn 112Connected

Did he just whip like 30 pop worth of stuff or am I missing something obvious here? For reference, 1 pop isn't even worth 1 full score point and so a 1pop whip or a new city plant sometimes doesn't even show up in the logs.

We can only hope a random event blew up the pyramids or something... or maybe they're getting balls-to-the-walls invaded? That is an insane amount of whippage otherwise...

Heck of a turn we got here... the bloodthirsty Dr. Ceiliazul will be very pleased I think... cool

I've been mulling this over for some time now, but I've felt like I need to secure my northeast theatre if I ever want to have any kind of successful offensive war endeavor, either on my own continent or abroad. Right now it just ties up way too many resources due to his ability to hit me with an instant boat strike or fork and hit somewhere else. So, I've been pooling resources for a boating expedition in secret...

I put my many years of taking and teaching advanced mathematics courses to good use, and calculated that I had roughly an ~80% chance to raze this city in a surprise boat attack, to secure complete control of the channel and then take his island at my own leisure. Is this good enough for the risk? I decided just to YOLO it and find out...

[Image: Icp0BK3.png]

[Image: 013.png?imgmax=3000]

Note that's his horses AND copper. cool Sent the axe to cover the sword on the off-chance I can pillage the horses next turn, although that was probably a mistake in retrospect. Oh well. Plan now is to take those troops and ship them up to take those delicious clams he so graciously settled for me! Have a new sword in Peewee's Playhaus ready to go, as I don't think I have enough oomph right now to chew through a CG3 Archer (ugh) and whatever else he can whip out in the meantime. (probably 2 archers I think). Won't have to attack outta the boat for that one, though.

Atta Boy!

...you did raze the city, right? Or is this a beachhead for major action? popcorn