As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Thanks for the hard work figuring this out guys!

Someone just failed to connect to me. I have already done the changes suggested by novice. Whoever failed, please confirm that you have made the changes or that we have had connection issues previously. Thanks!

Anyone around to test logging in? Would just like to confirm it works for me too (since I was one of the ones who failed to even ping during testing). smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I can log in to test.

Edit: Logging in now.

Edit2: Aaaaand [Image: emot-woop.gif] successfully logged in with BGN. IT'S ALIIIIIVE!

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Hmm, it looks like I connected to xenu fine but bounced off BGN.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Yeah I bounced off BGN too, it was me yesterday

So if the bounce problem has been fixed (for everyone but Boldly) should we adjust the timer back to get a turn a day or should we stick with 48 hour turns? I presume that at some point empire size and warfare will force us into the latter, but I'd like to keep the speed up for a little while longer at least...

(August 8th, 2014, 07:17)Old Harry Wrote: So if the bounce problem has been fixed (for everyone but Boldly) should we adjust the timer back to get a turn a day or should we stick with 48 hour turns? I presume that at some point empire size and warfare will force us into the latter, but I'd like to keep the speed up for a little while longer at least...

I agree with this.

It should be noted, though, that Xenu was able to log in while I was in game. I chatted with LP and he said that he was at a different location than when he and I have previously logged in simultaneously, so I'm not 100% it's on my end. I don't remember being logged in with yuris before but I could be wrong. So, if you've been able to log in through me previously, keep trying?

(August 8th, 2014, 07:33)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(August 8th, 2014, 07:17)Old Harry Wrote: So if the bounce problem has been fixed (for everyone but Boldly) should we adjust the timer back to get a turn a day or should we stick with 48 hour turns? I presume that at some point empire size and warfare will force us into the latter, but I'd like to keep the speed up for a little while longer at least...

I agree with this.

It should be noted, though, that Xenu was able to log in while I was in game. I chatted with LP and he said that he was at a different location than when he and I have previously logged in simultaneously, so I'm not 100% it's on my end. I don't remember being logged in with yuris before but I could be wrong. So, if you've been able to log in through me previously, keep trying?

No, it was the same location - I thought you were in a different location to normal. Maybe we were talking at cross purposes. crazyeye

Did you open Notepad as an administrator? I didn't do that last time I think, which may have contributed to my problem pinging the server.
Lord Parkin

Honestly, we were pretty much in the 48-hour range already, even before the bounce issue showed up. We were just doing it by constant pauses instead of by policy - well, that and Parkin having 5 and 10-civ turns. I don't think it's going to get much better, what with vacation season. I'd vote to accept reality and leave the timer at 48.

that's not going to keep me from jumping in as soon as I can after turn roll, of course. Who knows, maybe we get lucky and can roll ahead of the deadline from time to time
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker