As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

My 2 cents, I think the setup screwed over some players a lot more then it did others from what I see on the score. So I get it.

i can play marco once alhambra is back if he can keep going for a couple of weeks? obviously spoiled but up to everyone.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Guys, I am of a mind of dropping out this one. Turns come so seldom and slow it is excruciating.

I agree that the turn pace in this game has become a source of frustration. The shame of it is that pace notwithstanding I was enjoying the game.

Regarding TAD's earlier comment about the scores showing that the map may be unbalanced I don't know if that's necessarily the case. Part of it could be down to how each of us played the start more than the map being unbalanced.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

work out what you all want to do but I am happy to take over from someone and get the turn speed up.

alhambra would need to approve given i know his civ layout plans etc.

I rather would have a new game with 4-5 players with a reliable turn pace at this point.

My stag weekend could have involved my laptop, teamviewer and akward pauses between drinks where I retreat to my room to do the turn. I would do this for a quick turnpace not for a possible one more turn.smile

Doing my turn now in any case.

i will play straight after.

come to england. the nightclubs are open.

(July 20th, 2021, 09:21)thrawn Wrote:
(July 20th, 2021, 09:18)roland of gilead Wrote: come to england. the nightclubs are open.

I though you were in Scotland?

I am but Scotland is still closed.

I wouldn't mind trying a new game with the same setup in the event this one does stall out. As with this one I could try to get a morning turn in during the first 50 turns or so provided the turn order and time windows lined up right. I've got a no-computer holiday planned for early December but the game could well be over by then (or just getting interesting).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

We probably need a replacement for 1-2 players then, because the turnpace is tanking and turns still involve shuffling 3-4 units around sometimes.

Especially Marco went down from 3-4 hours of catching the turn and playing to 1 day on average.

Yes, there was a time where we did 8-9 turns over a weekend, now we manage 1.