As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Server is down again. I'm guessing I have to replay. Again. Won't be able to get to it until tomorrow after work, apologies to the train of people behind me.

(September 26th, 2014, 05:08)GermanJojo Wrote: Server is down again. I'm guessing I have to replay. Again. Won't be able to get to it until tomorrow after work, apologies to the train of people behind me.

As far as I can tell, the game is up (I just logged in), and the pitboss portal is also up.
I have to run.

I am away until Thur late and mostly harmless (dedicated lurker) is away from Monday (lunchtime). Any lurkers interested in playing America for a turn or two? Please post in my thread.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

(September 26th, 2014, 06:06)novice Wrote:
(September 26th, 2014, 05:08)GermanJojo Wrote: Server is down again. I'm guessing I have to replay. Again. Won't be able to get to it until tomorrow after work, apologies to the train of people behind me.

As far as I can tell, the game is up (I just logged in), and the pitboss portal is also up.

I guess the server just hiccupped or something. Good to hear.

There was some internet connectivity issues today apparently, so all is good. I just wasn't available on the internetz.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Looks like you're unavailable again now? I can't load the portal, at least.
I have to run.

I am having outages randomly for like 5 to 30 seconds. Might be the weather, although we really have just had a lot of wind today as of yet..
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I am having outages randomly for like 5 to 30 seconds. Might be the weather, although we really have just had a lot of wind today as of yet..

Apparently all the files that the portal needs to show data has been corrupted completely when the server crashed this time. All of them are completely empty, and as some of you have probably noticed the portal just displays a nasty error message now.

Novice isn't awake, so I am unable to fix that until tomorrow. I am in the process of moving the hosting over to a VMWare Virtual Machine, as I've had it with my server freezing for now, so I want to isolate the games into a virtual machine if possible. I have not heard about VMWare having the issues with the timer that Hyper-V had (some of you may recall the issues we had with the Pitboss timer stopping when noone was logged in), so I am hopeful it'll work better with VMWare.

The game is on again.

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...#pid500902 for more info.