As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I don't object to a replacement. As is pretty obvious, I lost interest in Civ itself entirely a while ago, probably due to a combination of just generally not enjoying PB18 and also having played way too many games in a short amount of time and running out of my interest reserves.

To add to that, I am, in general, spending far less time on my PC these days, so at this point I'm having to load up my PC, start Steam, load civ, load the mod, wait for ten minutes to load the Pitboss and then come back to play a turn I have no interest in.

I'm aware I've been a pretty big critic of exactly the kind of behaviour I'm exhibiting now, and I guess what I can say is that once you lose interest in Civ itself, not just an individual game, it's pretty hard to give a toss. I'm not randomly doing dumb actions, I'm still queuing up reasonable builds, but any strategic thinking beyond turn by turn is long since done for me.

I didn't realise I was missing turns completely though, my password has been in the lurker thread or in Parkin's thread or whatever for weeks, I assumed that was still a thing that was happening. I apologize for that part.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Sorry to hear that.

Dhal, I know what you mean, my interest in Civ has been up and down over the last couple of years, and even though this is the only Civ game I'm playing it still feels like quite a commitment, especially when real life steps in and I have days (weeks occasionally) when logging into the game is the last thing I want to do. We appreciate the 10 minutes per turn you put in, doesn't sound like much, but I know what you mean, when you're on the hook for consistency it's a burden when you're not having fun. Hopefully you can find something fun about this game (and Civ in general) if you stick with it.

I also suggest that you just take some time away from the game entirely, which it seems like you will likely do once your civ is handed over to either someone else or the AI. A few years ago I had gotten tired of playing too, mostly because of life stuff that was taking precedence and only when LP "dragged" me over to RB last year did I come back to the game after my 2-3 year hiatus. And I'm back to having fun again, and about ready to finally install the Civ 5 that I had gotten for Xmas last year now that I have a new computer that can run it. smile

HAK - http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7149 then? wink

(September 29th, 2014, 10:24)yuris125 Wrote: HAK - http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7149 then? wink

Brave New World is a new expansion, right? I don't have that. I just have Civ 5 and Gods & Kings expansion, which are the two my wife had gotten me for Xmas. But yes, once I install them (and probably play at least on SP game) I'll be up for a PBEM game.

I am subbing for Ruff at the moment, and I am waiting for Q to play the first half of the turn. Anyone know whether he has asked a lurker to play his turn? Only 6 hours on the clock.
What would be the protocol to follow once the clock gets closer to say 2 hours or so?
Pause for Q or do I play the second half of the turn?

Thanks.
mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

I'll likely need a short pause. Had something unexpected occur in game yesterday and got caught up when I was going to play today. Sorry for the delay, I should be play the turn 4-5 hours from now.

(September 30th, 2014, 09:48)mostly_harmless Wrote: I am subbing for Ruff at the moment, and I am waiting for Q to play the first half of the turn. Anyone know whether he has asked a lurker to play his turn? Only 6 hours on the clock.
What would be the protocol to follow once the clock gets closer to say 2 hours or so?
Pause for Q or do I play the second half of the turn?

Thanks.
mh

I think the protocol is that if/when it's not possible or practical for you to delay any further, you play. But I'm not sure if we've actually double moved anybody like this yet.
I have to run.

Can we get an uninformed lurker to go ahead and make some moves for Q? Anyone who has not checked Ruff/MH's thread recently would probably be ok if m_h agrees.

Under 3:30h on the clock.