As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

turn passed.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Accidentally clicked into Archduke's thread just now while trying to post my turn report. Got out before page load was completed.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(July 29th, 2021, 16:52)suboptimal Wrote: Accidentally clicked into Archduke's thread just now while trying to post my turn report.  Got out before page load was completed.

As far as I can tell, suboptimal is repeat offender, or perhaps a little more fat-fingered than most.  Certainly I have never posted about accidentally clicking the wrong thread  mischief

Yeah he is back soon. Today perhaps.

As I say happy to play for someone and will take turns quickly.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I am back and playing turn now. Tomorrow I shall reread in this thread, currently I do feel unwell, maybe due second jab that I got yesterday.

Feeling a bit better now, I don't mind break till September if that happens. Also I am okay with Roland taking over Marco if needed.

Marcopolo hasn't been on RB since July 18th, when he confirmed his turn window four pages ago. Dunno if he'll see anything posted here (or a PM) in a timely fashion. OTOH a forced substitution seems against community standards, delays notwithstanding? Is there precedent in the Civ IV PBs to enact a forced substitution or DQ without the player's acknowledgement?
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I'm not in this game, but have you all tried sending him a Steam DM? If he has been playing the turns, he must check that at least somewhat-frequently...

Part of playing these is accepting occasional delays. Just rage in your thread about people taking unconscionably long times with the turn, like I did.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

You can also start a discussion on the game page at PYDT. Not sure but I suspect you get a notice similar to the email for your turn.