As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[pb72 spoilers]: the esteemed gentleman's literature and book club

You know, I really should have razed Arpinum so I could refound a city to the south that can actually use that pig...

(August 16th, 2023, 09:04)greenline Wrote: You know, I really should have razed Arpinum so I could refound a city to the south that can actually use that pig...

I would love to know why it's pastured, honestly. lol

t148: Another empty city captured.

Also came with a granary, nice.

On the Neapolis front, I spotted Xist had a few cats nearby. So I moved my forces like this:

I do not believe Xist has engineering, so he can't hit the phracts outside of his territory. I do not think he will get a favorable trade if he goes all in with what he has on the big phract stack, either. I'll try and cut the roads while I assemble a few cats outside of the city - 3 should do it, I think, for letting me push through.

In economic news, I think we should pop the GA as soon as we get the next great person. Why? I am nervous about how many techs Aetryn and Bing seem to be plowing through while I am hurting a fair amount for commerce. Police state has done wonders for building up a military force quickly, but not having Serfdom or Bureau will really hurt the longer this war goes on. And we can use the GA to sink some hammers in units once the econ buildings are built. Plus, I need OR to build any missionaries for the cities I have captured - they have no native culture sources!

Would like to hear your thoughts on that, Tarkeel.

Part of me is wary of letting down the pressure; xist still has 10 cities and population to whip. I don't have a good picture of just how much forces we have, apart from a 2:1 power advantage.

I'd try to cut more of the roads, but do have workers come in to replace them once the cities fall. Also, try to engage his forces in the field instead of inside the city if at all possible.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Here's my attempt at a war collage. We have two workers with the single phract on the forest hill tile.

Aetryn took another city off Xist - he's down to 9 now. I believe it was razed.

I think aiming for somewhere between 25 and 30 before trigering the GA would be good, but by the looks of it that's not going to be a problem.

Again, as long as his main stack is alive, we really shouldn't turn down the heat.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

I think according to the military advisor we have 28 already, but not all of them have reached the front.

What we need are catapults. And some longbow garrisons.

Can you place a city 2N of the Pig?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(August 16th, 2023, 14:18)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Can you place a city 2N of the Pig?

I can. It's just a question of when I can spare worker labor and a settler + missionary for it. There are some better spots available with Civil Service irrigation coming in, one of which I am founding soon. I do think that founding a lot of fillerish cities will be a priority when I have serfdom + Merc + rep online, double PRO trade routes and a shrine makes them very quickly profitable.

t149:

I'll admit, I was nervous when I booted up the game. Since Xist was taking extra time and wanting feedback I thought he was asking Superdeath for advice on attacking out. If he got a lot of good rolls on the southern stack he could damage us pretty bad. It would not be the first time I lost a big stack on 30-40% odds.

But it was not to be. Instead, Xist was probably concerned about this. Bing smelled blood in the water and now it is a feeding frenzy. Good news is also that he hasn't taken bureaucracy - my attempt to stall his economic progress in the golden age was successful. I do not have vision on where his troops are moving in, but I guess it is on this axis:

As for the main front, here is how the troops are concentrated after I moved:

His cats from last turn are somewhere I can't see.

So, if Xist wants to, he can attack the smaller stack right now if the cats are in range, and have a better chance of killing more phracts. But if he does, I will be able to completely wipe his forces with the other stack and take the city. Or he can huddle up and wait for me to consolidate all my units on one tile. I am hoping 3 cats will do the job.

Aetryn's units are all 1 movers that I've seen except for a couple chariots. So he can't push into Xist's other cities quickly.