As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ4 AI Survivor Season Seven

I think an improved AI exhibition game would be very cool, if someone might want to partner with Sullla for it. I'm sure Sullla with his disdain for mods wouldn't want to run it, but a little midseason break might be fun. I know the Realism Invictus AI can easily and regularly do cross-continental invasions.

Regardless, looking forward to it all.

Support a improved AI game - but heck no to Realism Invictus. Now that is a total conversion mod par excellence.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

An improved AI game should be run with K-Mod, I think.

Realism Invictus AI is actually significantly weaker than K-Mod AI, even though it kind of has K-Mod AI integrated. I once tried an RI single payer game on the Emperor level. I was in a completely dominant position by the early Middle Ages, despite very little knowledge of the mod. Against K-Mod AI I typically need to play until space race on Immortal already.
The reason here I think is that RI is much, much more complicated than the original civ and AI is much worse than a player in dealing with the added complexity.

Game 1 preview.

Submit predictions: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jkp2...

Note I may not always catch these, so if someone else sees a new video go up please post for those more casual.

I've always thought a fun idea would be for the userbase to create a "RB AI" that has fine-tuned AI parameters, and would be randomly assigned to replace one of the worst-performers or otherwise bland leaders to see how well it would perform.
"I know that Kilpatrick is a hell of a damned fool, but I want just that sort of man to command my cavalry on this expedition."
- William Tecumseh Sherman

I didn't mean to suggest a RI exhibition game, no one would have any idea what was going on. I just meant there are SIGNIFICANTLY stronger Civ4 AIs out there than BTS, and ones that can handle multiple map scripts.

It was a slow day at work, so I had a bit of fun with ChatGPT, after feeding it the preview page's notes on the game 1 leaders.

Prompt: write a short play with the six characters described earlier playing a game of Civilization 4 (tweaked several times)
The game of Civilization 4 began with six characters: Stalin, Gandhi, Hammurabi, Isabella, Shaka, and Pericles. Each had their own strengths and weaknesses, and each was determined to come out on top.

At the start of the game, Gandhi and Stalin were situated close to each other. Gandhi made the mistake of underestimating Stalin's military might, and soon found himself on the receiving end of an aggressive attack. Despite putting up a valiant defense, Gandhi was the first to be eliminated from the game.

The remaining five leaders continued to play, each making strategic decisions to expand their empires and develop their technologies. Isabella was particularly skilled at diplomacy, forming alliances with both Hammurabi and Pericles. Shaka, on the other hand, focused solely on building his military and was constantly at war with his neighbors.

As the game progressed, it became clear that Stalin was the one to beat. His technological advances put him ahead of the others, and his spaceship was nearing completion. Hammurabi and Isabella formed a last-minute alliance to try and stop Stalin, but it was too little, too late.

In the end, Stalin emerged victorious, launching his spaceship and achieving a science victory. Hammurabi came in second place, having built a strong and prosperous empire, while Gandhi's early elimination left him in last place.

Despite the challenges and conflicts they faced, all six leaders played a hard-fought and strategic game of Civilization 4.

Prompt: returning to the play from earlier, have each character decide which of the other five is their worst enemy
Stalin: "My worst enemy? That's easy, it's Gandhi. He's always trying to preach about peace and nonviolence, which is just a cover for his weakness. He's too afraid to stand up for himself and his people, and that's not the kind of leader I respect."

Gandhi: "I cannot choose anyone as my worst enemy. All people are deserving of love and compassion, even those who may have harmed me in the past. I choose to focus on creating a peaceful and harmonious world for all, even those who may oppose me."

Hammurabi: "As a leader who values justice, I must say that my worst enemy is Isabella. She is always trying to get the upper hand in our dealings, and I have caught her in a few dishonest acts before. I will not stand for deceit and underhanded tactics."

Isabella: "My worst enemy is Pericles. He is always trying to outdo me and gain more influence with the other leaders. It's like he's constantly in competition with me, and I don't appreciate that kind of behavior."

Shaka: "I don't have worst enemies. Everyone who opposes me is just another challenge to overcome. I don't waste my energy on petty rivalries."

Pericles: "I don't necessarily have a worst enemy, but if I had to choose, it would be Stalin. His aggressive and militaristic approach to leadership is not in line with my values of diplomacy and culture. I fear that he may try to use force against me or my people."

Prompt: have each leader address their worst enemy with a thematic insult or denunciation
Stalin: "Gandhi, your rule is as weak as your laws. You're nothing more than a puppet of your own bureaucracy."

Hammurabi: "Isabella, you may have the beauty of a queen, but your tactics are as ugly as your soul."

Isabella: "Pericles, you may be a great orator, but your ideas are as empty as your promises."

Pericles: "Stalin, you may have conquered many lands, but your rule is as barren as the lands you've destroyed."

Shaka: "Stalin, your reign is as short-lived as your glory. You may have won some battles, but your empire will crumble under its own weight."

Gandhi: "I denounce all of you! War and violence only bring destruction and suffering. May you all find the path to peace and enlightenment."

Prompt: within the context of the play, write a short recap from Stalin's perspective as he is about to win the game
Stalin looks out across the vast empire that he has built, the gleaming cities and bustling factories a testament to his power and vision. As he prepares to launch his spaceship and claim victory, his mind wanders back over the long years of the game.

He remembers the early days, when he first met Pericles and Isabella, and the wary alliances they formed as they fought off barbarian hordes and built up their fledgling civilizations. He remembers the swaggering aggression of Shaka, and the fierce battles they fought as they each tried to claim the same patches of land.

But most of all, he remembers Gandhi. The self-righteous pacifist, forever preaching about peace and non-violence, even as his armies crumbled before Stalin's unstoppable war machine. Stalin had no use for such weaklings, no patience for their moral posturing. He had put Gandhi in his place, and he would do the same to anyone else who dared stand in his way.

And now, as he prepares to launch his spaceship and claim victory, Stalin feels a surge of triumph. He had proven himself the greatest leader in the game, and he would rule over all he surveyed with an iron fist. The others were nothing but pawns, and he had crushed them all beneath his heel.

Obviously there are plenty of things that are wrong, but it's honestly really impressive how many things that got right. Makes me think we really might not be far from AI powered diplomacy in SP games. Tinfoil
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

(March 26th, 2023, 06:13)Amicalola Wrote: Obviously there are plenty of things that are wrong, but it's honestly really impressive how many things that got right. Makes me think we really might not be far from AI powered diplomacy in SP games. Tinfoil

I guess someone could add ChatGPT into the picking contest alongside random.org.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore