As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: Which DLC Civ is the Strongest?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Persia
20.00%
3 20.00%
Macedon
13.33%
2 13.33%
Australia
53.33%
8 53.33%
Poland
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[NO PLAYERS] Which DLC Civ is Most OP? (PBEM6 Lurking Thread)

(November 22nd, 2017, 17:14)shallow_thought Wrote: Absolutely nothing personal against Suboptimal, but after only a handful of games of Civ VI SP I have granted Australia a permanent first to die status. Simply because of that bloody music rant . (Probably made worse because I have to play on duel/tiny maps until I can save up for a new computer).

OK, so you can turn that off, but the orange colour is vile too.

I love the music, it has so much character to it! And what do you have against the orange?
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Interesting to see Emperor K outline his plans to go for an early Pantheon and an early Great General and then choose a Civic Cards, which supports neither of those goals. On the other hand barb horsemen are no joke either, so I can understand his decision. Still he is the only one that has that early Wildcard Slot to play with.

There seem to be a lot of barbs running around, which makes Discipline the logical choice for all players.

Civics chosen:
Discipline: Archduke, Alhambram, Emperor K, Suboptimal
Urban Planning: Archduke, Alhambram, Emperor K
God King: Suboptimal

(November 27th, 2017, 00:05)Dp101 Wrote:
(November 22nd, 2017, 17:14)shallow_thought Wrote: Absolutely nothing personal against Suboptimal, but after only a handful of games of Civ VI SP I have granted Australia a permanent first to die status. Simply because of that bloody music rant . (Probably made worse because I have to play on duel/tiny maps until I can save up for a new computer).

OK, so you can turn that off, but the orange colour is vile too.

I love the music, it has so much character to it! And what do you have against the orange?

Okay, I was too harsh about the orange. And, after a bit more experimentation, there are other tunes in the game nearlty as bad. But no, I hear "Waltzing Matilda" and I reach for my swordsmen/musketeers/infantry. Each to their own!
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

(December 3rd, 2017, 03:36)TheArchduke Wrote: So far so good. Horses and a second city, right now I think my unknown western neighbour is the more likely target. Kandy equipped with a wall is as good a blocker as the gorge to the west.

I don't think this will happen, if only for the fact that his Western neighbour is so much further away. Emperor K is heading straight East and still has some time to go until he reaches The Archdukes capital. I guess we are going to see some North vs South before East vs West.

I hope suboptimal invests in some defenses soon, otherwise he will have just built two nice Campuses for Archduke's Macedonia to take.

Suboptimal just built two campuses, and now he's churning out yet another settler - while he KNOWS he's next to Macedonia, he KNOWS Archduke just took God of the Forge, he KNOWS that the western civs are far across the map and not really viable targets for aggression at this stage. I dunno. I hope he knows what he's doing - maybe counting on the 100% defensive war bonus production to quickly churn out an army when Archduke attacks?
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Alhambram pillaging the campus might just be the best thing that could happen to Suboptimal. Kick him into building some military (plus grant him the production war bonus).

(December 8th, 2017, 08:47)Cornflakes Wrote: Alhambram pillaging the campus might just be the best thing that could happen to Suboptimal. Kick him into building some military (plus grant him the production war bonus).

And pillaging the Campus won't even remove the adjacency bonus science (only the GPP points), as far as I remember.

(December 8th, 2017, 11:11)Ichabod Wrote:
(December 8th, 2017, 08:47)Cornflakes Wrote: Alhambram pillaging the campus might just be the best thing that could happen to Suboptimal. Kick him into building some military (plus grant him the production war bonus).

And pillaging the Campus won't even remove the adjacency bonus science (only the GPP points), as far as I remember.

I believe that bug was corrected in either the summer or fall patch.

(December 8th, 2017, 12:02)Cornflakes Wrote: I believe that bug was corrected in either the summer or fall patch.

Can confirm

I also want to say, I think DoWing on suboptimal was an incredibly smart and prescient metagaming move from Alhambram. Now Austrailia gets additional production for 10 turns, but any units produced probably won't be coming after Alhambram, and instead will just make him a pricklier target for Archduke.