As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

OK, we're done here.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

congrats thrawn, I would have loved to see this game continue but maybe it was better to end here. Your position looked very favoured in any case wink

I hope the rest enjoyed the map at least somewhat, you can read up on its creation process in the Lurker Thread. Tom summarize:
- it was a fully custom made map (the remnants of the map I leveled to ocean as a fresh start were the surprising flood tiles you found)
- each player had an identical sized start location with identical amounts of
- plains/grass/desert tiles
- mountains / forests / jungles
- strategic resources
- thrawn and suboptimal and TAD and MPTF had mirrored these three points
- luxuries were distributed to be roughly equal (sorry suboptimal, it seems I fluked here and thrawn had one more than you)
- the map was as anti-rush and anti CS conquering as I could come up with while still maintaining some connection between players
- the continents were designed on purpose with a fertile outer ring and a non-fertile production inner area to give additional challenges

I was honestly surprised with the Aztec and even the Zulu pick, as I thought all players wanted a builder paradise to see the game going long. I am not sure if I misunderstood or your plan was to harvest the builders, but this would have been a very difficult challenge.

You all should read thrawn's thread, while I would probably not be able to get such a detailed micro planning down like him, I think it is amazing and a very educational read how to play this game succesfully if a bit burn-outy wink

for future games there is this mod which we should perhaps use all or most of.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2373931339

some of it is excessive but a lot would lead to more skillful play.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

That mod is so Civ VI. Great mix of "that makes sense, good idea" and "WTF." And like Civ VI, it's no longer being maintained.

Some things are good, like canning emergencies.

Some are over the top like canning civs.

(August 18th, 2021, 02:25)TheArchduke Wrote: Some things are good, like canning emergencies.

Some are over the top like canning civs.

Totally agree on both. 

We could perhaps take the good stuff over to our mod.

(August 17th, 2021, 22:30)williams482 Wrote: That mod is so Civ VI. Great mix of "that makes sense, good idea" and "WTF." And like Civ VI, it's no longer being maintained.

perfect summary lol.

(August 19th, 2021, 19:11)thrawn Wrote: We can add just the parts we want to our mod.

agreed. A lot of it is really good. some of it is nonsense as TAD says. 

If we turn off tribal huts because of random unfair advantage we sure as hell should get rid of emergencies.