As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Submod "Caster of Magic for Windows: Warlord"

Is there an option that does not allow duplicate races? Also, do some wizards have a bonus effect on some Races? For example, Merlin gets a bonus with HighMen and Sss'ra would get a bonus with Draconian or LizardMen.

(August 8th, 2024, 06:34)HITMAN Wrote: Is there an option that does not allow duplicate races? Also, do some wizards have a bonus effect on some Races? For example, Merlin gets a bonus with HighMen and Sss'ra would get a bonus with Draconian or LizardMen.

No option to prevent duplicate race yet. That would need at least eleven  races on each plane. And there is no retort to buff home race yet. Guardian would be the closest thing you could get. We could not make retort that so specific about race due to there are only 18 retort slots, we could not add more unless you success in begging Seravy on this feature.

It is really great with the special buildings. 
A few suggestions: 
Spirit of Community is documented as 400 cost, but comes out at 800 - could you check? Totally unusable of course at 800. 
How about an option that enables you to have all races present, one way or another, in a game? So that the addition of opposition plus neutrals yields at least one town of each race (obviously requiring maybe a certain size). 

Academy is not documented in the manual (its effect). How about documenting special building effects in the race section in the manual, not just in the update history?
Best special buildings in my opinion: 
Altar of Sun, Sancta Basilica, Tree of Magic, Altar of moon. 
Some special buildings appear lackluster (Caravanserai).

(August 11th, 2024, 05:41)occasionalplayer Wrote: It is really great with the special buildings. 
A few suggestions: 
Spirit of Community is documented as 400 cost, but comes out at 800 - could you check? Totally unusable of course at 800. 
How about an option that enables you to have all races present, one way or another, in a game? So that the addition of opposition plus neutrals yields at least one town of each race (obviously requiring maybe a certain size). 

Academy is not documented in the manual (its effect). How about documenting special building effects in the race section in the manual, not just in the update history?

Global Enchantment from uncommon level onward have their cost scale up based on number of opponents and game size.

I will consider either make Caravanserai cheaper or make it stronger.

(August 11th, 2024, 06:35)Suppanut Wrote:
(August 11th, 2024, 05:41)occasionalplayer Wrote: It is really great with the special buildings. 
A few suggestions: 

Global Enchantment from uncommon level onward have their cost scale up based on number of opponents and game size.

I will consider either make Caravanserai cheaper or make it stronger.

How about armour piercing for Cataphracts and making them 50 percent more expensive, and sth else for Griffins?

May I ask for the reason to give Cloud Elephants regeneration? As a sorcery-summon it just feels missplaced and it's by far the best "very-rare" sorcery fantastic creature anyway (except for the lord-units). 3 heads with 20 in attack is crazy strong.

(August 12th, 2024, 13:40)Zypher Wrote: May I ask for the reason to give Cloud Elephants regeneration? As a sorcery-summon it just feels missplaced and it's by far the best "very-rare" sorcery fantastic creature anyway (except for the lord-units). 3 heads with 20 in attack is crazy strong.

I will remove regeneration and nerf it in next version.

I was just think about how cloud reform after rain when I give it regeneration  without think of consequence

Hi, just a heads up. You can use SETTERRAIN in CombatEndTurn.CAS. Refer to the 2 screenshots below. I tested some of your code out in my project and it worked out fine. So, you really should be moving them from UnitCalc.CAS. 

(August 17th, 2024, 01:01)mewcatus Wrote: Hi, just a heads up. You can use SETTERRAIN in CombatEndTurn.CAS. Refer to the 2 screenshots below. I tested some of your code out in my project and it worked out fine. So, you really should be moving them from UnitCalc.CAS. 

Is it happened before combat start? or it happen on the first end turn?

(August 17th, 2024, 01:44)Suppanut Wrote:
(August 17th, 2024, 01:01)mewcatus Wrote: Hi, just a heads up. You can use SETTERRAIN in CombatEndTurn.CAS. Refer to the 2 screenshots below. I tested some of your code out in my project and it worked out fine. So, you really should be moving them from UnitCalc.CAS. 

Is it happened before combat start? or it happen on the first end turn?

If the player is the attacker, this occurs at the end of the Defender's 1st turn.

If you want it to occur before that, you will have to force it via unitcalc.CAS. But there is a way to mitigate that.
For the zeroth until the end of the defender's 1st turn,
1. Call your function X times, then stop after that. Use a variable in MASTER.CAS to track this via MASTERSET.
2. Remeber to reset this variable at ENDOFCOMBAT.CAS as well STARTOFCOMBAT.CAS. The reason for the latter is because AI vs AI Fights will call STARTOFCOMBAT.CAS several times on multiple fights to pick the best 1, and only call ENDOFCOMBAT.CAS on the most optimal fight. (Yes this is how the CPU cheats!)
3. (2) can be ignored if you cater to your function to avoid SETTERRAIN type functions by checking against fights without a human player.
Use IF (Attacker()<>W) %OR (Defender()<>W) THEN {}

This should be the basics but should work.