As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

Oh and we built the Great Library last turn as well.

Yay I think. wink
fnord

Overall eco development thoughts:

The Orcs are currently working 47 farms worth 94 commerce. At 100% gold that's 103 gpt from Aristo farms with the 10% Undercouncil boost. By t109 we'll be working ~60 farms and can swap into Consumption for another +20%. So 120 base commerce at 130%=156 gold from Aristo farms.

Inflation is currently at 18% and will rise.

If we were to swap to City States/FT right now (which we can't, I'm just using this as a base for comparison) we'd save a total of 23 base gpt in civic maintenance. The reduced distance and # of cities maint is about 37 gpt right now. So 60 gpt total saving x 1.18= ~70 gpt.

14 orc cities (right now) with an extra +1 commerce from +1 tr adds 14 commerce, so ~15gpt.

So right now a swap would cost 18gpt. With a 4th Island city we'd break even. With additional cities, City States gets more competetive.

We're going to be adding 2 new Orc cities t106 and ~t110 so our city maint will increase. New cities are growing like weeds so Civic maint is going to climb as well.

Cottages are 3 worker turns vs 4 for a farm.

We have a number of orc cities with excess food so adding cottages instead of farms in some orc cities is very viable and can be done with fewer worker turns than farms.

We can have a lot of orc cottages worked t109 through 119 if we do the swap into City States/Ft along with Consumption t109.

That opens the door to running City States/Conquest in Orcdom circa t128 with a bunch of Villages to help support cashflow and 4f farms + all our mines and future lumbermills to push out *Ogres with 2 promos.

Therefore we want Currency and City states by eot 108 (alt: eot elohim/calabim 109). Preferably with Festivals inhand so we've got some hammers into markets to help allieviate the unhappies from losing Religion.

Starting t104 we need to burn through our gold reserves in order to get the techs we need in time. smile
fnord

(December 8th, 2012, 23:49)Thoth Wrote: BTW: eot 104 we hit 50 workers. smug

That's not the impressive part. The impressive part is that our population growth rate at T104 is fast enough that we absolutely *need* 50 workers. It's a combination of planting new cities at a breakneck pace, and Sanitation and this map letting us grow said cities like weeds.

Heck, we're to a point where the worker micro is planned in detail for the next 4-5 turns, and Thoth has asked Elli and I to keep our hands off the worker micro while he executes his plan, because we're running close enough to the edge that we need every worker turn. With 50 of the suckers!

jive

Military goal at the moment is just to disrupt the other teams enough that they don't interfere with us and that awesome growth rate. Hoping to get another 20 turns of uninterrupted growth without needing to spend too much on anything before Vampires.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Empire development thoughts:

We're expanding like mad and (just barely) keeping up with the units we need for basic coverage.

We're owning the food and production demos.

Our GNPs have sucked overall so far. They are about to get a *lot* better.

We are going to get attacked on multiple fronts and we need to take that into account with our defensive planning. smile

We're going to be founding some front cities in the near future, some of them orc. Front cities don't spend hammers on Warrens until after they have at least an Archery Range in place. We will want significant garrisons in these cities. They won't hold off a determined attack, but that's not their purpose. Their purpose is to slow down an attacker and leave his stack dinged up for our counter attack with mobile zone defense forces (ie cats, chariots, Vamps, w/e else we can cobble together.

On the Wizzard side of things, a pair of SA hunters in each of our front cities to bolster up the garrisons of Archers/warriors/axes would make me a very happy man. wink I'd like to keep as many of our existing SA scouts alive as possible. We don't have the capacity to build more SA units at the moment and it'll be some turns yet before we can get the Elohim into City States/Conquest profitably.
fnord

(December 9th, 2012, 13:16)Mardoc Wrote:
(December 8th, 2012, 23:49)Thoth Wrote: BTW: eot 104 we hit 50 workers. smug

That's not the impressive part. The impressive part is that our population growth rate at T104 is fast enough that we absolutely *need* 50 workers. It's a combination of planting new cities at a breakneck pace, and Sanitation and this map letting us grow said cities like weeds.

Heck, we're to a point where the worker micro is planned in detail for the next 4-5 turns, and Thoth has asked Elli and I to keep our hands off the worker micro while he executes his plan, because we're running close enough to the edge that we need every worker turn. With 50 of the suckers!

jive

XD Still have a bit of tweaking to do but we're looking good right now. The Empire as a whole is an awesomely fun toy to play with, even if it is a bit like riding the tiger right now.

I feel a bit sorry for the other teams. We're stretched to the limit on expansion. And we have Jonas. Trying to keep up with our rate of expansion is going to be difficult for them.

Quote:Military goal at the moment is just to disrupt the other teams enough that they don't interfere with us and that awesome growth rate. Hoping to get another 20 turns of uninterrupted growth without needing to spend too much on anything before Vampires.

We'll have vamps on the board in well under 20t. wink But yes, mostly defense with a bit of disruption for our foes.

And catapults.
fnord

Western Expansion:

[Image: 2fVEU.jpg]

I love this city:

[Image: kj4jI.jpg]

It'll grow to size 7 at EOT 109 with about 60h into the SW. Assuming I can figure the worker moves correctly, that means 20hpt and food neutral at size 7. The Sheep will be taken by Vodka t106 and the Corn will be taken by an elohim expansion city on the PH 3N of Steeler's city tile t107.

Since Catapults are not doubled by Warrens, we can skip warrens here and simply build a SW before going to *Catapults.

20hpt into cats starting t111. First cat out of this city t114, due in theatre in the Westlands circa t116/117 with another catapult onsite every 3t thereafter.
fnord

(December 9th, 2012, 13:10)Thoth Wrote: Overall eco development thoughts:

What are the implications for our planned Orcish golden age? Non-riverside farms wouldn't get any bonus commerce if we go to city states.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

This way sound weird, but whats the Elohims "thing?"

You've got Jonas for REX/warrened units, and calabim for vamps - what have the Elohim contributed to your game?
Is it just "an extra" to go along with the clan/vamp duo?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

By which I meant, did you pick them because you had to pick a third and they'd be able to help with each group, or because ypu genuinely wanted Elohim.
Oh, and I suppose Sanctuary.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(December 9th, 2012, 19:53)Ellimist Wrote:
(December 9th, 2012, 13:10)Thoth Wrote: Overall eco development thoughts:

What are the implications for our planned Orcish golden age? Non-riverside farms wouldn't get any bonus commerce if we go to city states.

The Golden age changes the equation in favour of Aristo, with close to 50 worked farms it's an additional 50 commerce for Aristo vs City States. (actually the swing is a lot less than that....most of our current farms are riverside)

A GA right now for the Orcs would be very strong actually. We'd be looking at somewhere around 70-80 commerce per turn and a lot (no idea how many) of hammers (That would more than double our current gpt at max tax btw wink ). We won't gain many hammers in our expansion cities as they grow but our mature cities would gain significantly. And that would speed up our expansion rate significantly. The extra gold right now would be very handy (I'd like to build a Thane in Riesling after the Granary and ferry it and the Calabim worker over to the Island. We'll need to cash rush a Galley out of Sherry circa t109 (I think) in order to ferry the Thane/worker over. I think it's worthwhile as that gets us a border pop in Sherry circa t111/112, and that lines up perfectly with the WB for the Whales (currently queued in Lakeport Honey). It also gets us two post Archery chops into Sherry's GM which will help speed the cities growth curve.

If we pull the GA trigger t104, it will wear off eot 112. We could delay the civic swap until t112. It'll cost us 3t of Consumption or we loose a few commerce on non-riverside farms and do the swap t109. We're currently looking at about t112 for our 4th Island city, we can shave a turn or two off that with GA hammers.

We've a settler pair due eot 107 from OSH that I've currently got earmarked for the Monster Food Elohim port in the far East and the other for the Sheep front city in the far West. Kipa will spit another pair out at eot 109 (108 with GA, maybe 107). I've got one of those tentatively earmarked for the Corn/Marble port in the West and the other unassigned. We can divert one of any of those settlers to the Islands.

I'd also very much like to get a proper front city down in the South vs the Clowns. We'll need to do that soon if we want to get a hill site. Eiswine is on flat land and will be a PITA to try and hold as a front city, I'd be much happier with a fortress city in front of it. But we'll need solid unit and Thane support here.

I'm about off to bed as I'm back on days tomorrow. I'll be around to do the worker stuff by 5/5:30 so we'll still have time on the clock if the turn rolls tonight. No rush. smile
fnord