As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Remnants of the Precursors Succession Game?

Happy with those settings.

I'll be away between the 30th June and 12th July* so won't be playing those two weeks.

*Holiday in Frankfurt.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(June 8th, 2024, 11:32)Fenn Wrote: We had Monsters off in the last game, indeed. Fine with keeping it that way here too. For galaxy shape I'm somewhat interested in some wacky 8-armed spiral, but Elliptical-1 is more likely to avoid any stark imbalances in starting locations.

Other settings look fine to me!

Yeah, I'm yet to see a single spiral map that isn't horrifically unbalanced. Whoever starts closest to the centre of the spiral wins, simple as that. It's a shame because I think it's a more visually interesting and evocative map than a bare star field or ellipse, but it's just a balance nightmare. I'm fine with settings as proposed.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Just quickly before I make dinner: Since it looks like we're agreed on settings but nobody else has done so, I went ahead and rolled a map and played up to turn 20! I started a thread and should have the report ready in a few hours!