As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Submod "Caster of Magic for Windows: Warlord"

(September 12th, 2024, 09:31)Suppanut Wrote:
(September 12th, 2024, 04:40)Zypher Wrote: When you select the option to ban a certain race. Is that supposed to ban the race completly from the game or just ban the AI to start with it?
Like should neutral cities still be able to be that race then?

Banned AI from pick it on its home plane. If you banned all native race of that plane completely, it will pick any race from other plane at random, included banned ones. It does not banned player from picking it nor neutral cities of that race to be spawned.

Thanks smile then it was like I thought. 

One more thing. I think something have happened with rage for warewolves in the last update. I faced some warewolves in a lair and they stayed at 5 in attack even if I killed them off somewhat. They didn't get their increased damage from rage.

Warlord mod version 1.5.7.2 is released due to some serious bug in earlier version that cause player to not able to play it on difficulty lower than advanced.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/caster-of-mag...com2-10507

Change log version 1.5.7.2
Units:
• Bug Fix: Beastman Settlers display description of Dark Elf Settlers.
• Bug Fix: Dark Elf Settlers display description of Draconian Settlers.
• Bug Fix: Draconian Settlers does not display unit description.
• Bug Fix: Rage does not works on Werewolves.
• Coatl’s Armor reduces from 7 to 6 and Health Point reduces from 15 to 14.
• Kraken’s movement bonus from Echo of the Deep reduces from +3 to +2.
• Dark Elf Catapult losing all range attack but gains 4 charges of Fireball instead.

Spells:
• Psionic Blast Strength increases from 9 to 11.

Others:
• Bug Fix: Game crash when choosing difficulty lower than Advanced.
• Bug Fix: Aether Binding display as Mariner Mastery in combat.
• Bug Fix: Mariner Mastery display as Aether Binding in combat.
• Alchemist retort reduces cost of Alchemist’s Guild by 15%.
• Overland background music is now disabled

Warlord mod version 1.5.7.3 is released with major change in Time Stop and Halfling.

Change Log Version 1.5.7.3
Units:
• Now units could not heal at the end of turn during Time Stop.
• Halfling Bowmen unit figures changes from 6 to 8.
• Halfling Shamans unit figures changes from 4 to 6.
• Halfling Disciples unit figures changes from 4 to 6.
• Halfling Scouts unit figures changes from 4 to 6.

Spells:
• Bug Fix: Description of Uranus’ Blessing fall off the page.
• Iron Skin’s casting cost change from 23/115 to 21/105.
• Iron Skin’s tier changes to uncommon, trade value reduces from 24 to 21, and research cost reduces from 3800 to 1400, and research priority adjusted accordingly.
• Sacred Ancient’s tier changes to rare, trade value increases from 21 to 24, and research cost increase from 1400 to 3800, and research priority adjusted accordingly.
• Focus Magic could be cast in combat and properly grants ammo to unit without ammo and casting skill top up if unit already have casting skill.
• Power Link no longer get power from city curses.
• Time Stop increases casting cost of spell by 1% for each spells cast during Time Stop (both Overland and Combat, regardless of who the caster is)
• Time Stop decreases casting skill of casting wizard by 3% each turn during Time Stop (capped penalty at 90%)
• During Time Stop, before combat, all units on defending side have to resist at -7 penalty to avoid Stasis effect during combat. These stasis could be dispelled like Stasis spell cast during combat.
• Meteor Storm give additional hit with 75% strength with double hit chance when casting Fire Bolt, Fireball, or Fire Storm. Casting cost increases from 800 to 990.
• Aether Surge’s casting skill recharge now check for units that have casting skill after Aether Surge take effect.
• Aether Surge nolonger give casting skill to combat summons.

Buildings:
• Bug Fix: Everyone except Nomad could build Brewery when control by AI
• Bug Fix: Description of Lava Smelter fall off the page.
• Academy get new effect of +2 figures to Halfling Magisters trained from the city.

Hi folks,

I just started playing the mod and was just curious if there is anything I can do to speed it up, it slows down a lot crunching enemy turns in a 13 player game after 10 or so years.

Additionally, I am gettiing a free death common spell when I start without a death book, and it seems like the AI is also getting some spells they don't have books for as I have traded for them.

(October 2nd, 2024, 16:20)Fin Wrote: Hi folks,

I just started playing the mod and was just curious if there is anything I can do to speed it up, it slows down a lot crunching enemy turns in a 13 player game after 10 or so years.

Speed down will occur due to how complex and long additional condition addition especially on each unit. You could reduce wait end turn time by keep eliminate opponents until reach around 8 opponents left to make condition managable.

Quote:Additionally, I am gettiing a free death common spell when I start without a death book, and it seems like the AI is also getting some spells they don't have books for as I have traded for them.

You will get one common spell of each realm at random no matter you have a book of them or not. This is one of rule in Warlord mod. Those spells could be cast and trade but you could not learn new common of that realm unless you have book of that realm.

(October 2nd, 2024, 11:26)Suppanut Wrote: Warlord mod version 1.5.7.3 is released with major change in Time Stop and Halfling.

Change Log Version 1.5.7.3
Units:
• Now units could not heal at the end of turn during Time Stop.
• Halfling Bowmen unit figures changes from 6 to 8.
• Halfling Shamans unit figures changes from 4 to 6.
• Halfling Disciples unit figures changes from 4 to 6.
• Halfling Scouts unit figures changes from 4 to 6.

Spells:
• Bug Fix: Description of Uranus’ Blessing fall off the page.
• Iron Skin’s casting cost change from 23/115 to 21/105.
• Iron Skin’s tier changes to uncommon, trade value reduces from 24 to 21, and research cost reduces from 3800 to 1400, and research priority adjusted accordingly.
• Sacred Ancient’s tier changes to rare, trade value increases from 21 to 24, and research cost increase from 1400 to 3800, and research priority adjusted accordingly.
• Focus Magic could be cast in combat and properly grants ammo to unit without ammo and casting skill top up if unit already have casting skill.
• Power Link no longer get power from city curses.
• Time Stop increases casting cost of spell by 1% for each spells cast during Time Stop (both Overland and Combat, regardless of who the caster is)
• Time Stop decreases casting skill of casting wizard by 3% each turn during Time Stop (capped penalty at 90%)
• During Time Stop, before combat, all units on defending side have to resist at -7 penalty to avoid Stasis effect during combat. These stasis could be dispelled like Stasis spell cast during combat.
• Meteor Storm give additional hit with 75% strength with double hit chance when casting Fire Bolt, Fireball, or Fire Storm. Casting cost increases from 800 to 990.
• Aether Surge’s casting skill recharge now check for units that have casting skill after Aether Surge take effect.
• Aether Surge nolonger give casting skill to combat summons.

Buildings:
• Bug Fix: Everyone except Nomad could build Brewery when control by AI
• Bug Fix: Description of Lava Smelter fall off the page.
• Academy get new effect of +2 figures to Halfling Magisters trained from the city.

Will be interesting to test. Really don't think the Halfling Bowmen needed 2 more figueres. They are already a more then decent bowmen. 
Halfling are by no means a bad race early on or at any point and didn't really need a buff in my opinion. 
I could though see them getting those +2 figueres on shaman, disciples and magisters when having an Academy. But getting it as standard I think will make them a bit to good. But we will see.

Yeah, the + figure buff is immense and does not follow the pattern of -1 attack seen by swordsmen (which get +33% figure not +50% as shaman). Bowmen anf shaman would become the default unit in early game - bowmen being a cheap and more accessible longbowmen in an economy race and shaman - can you imagine a few enchanted with heroism?. The race is essentially overhauled and unbalanced by this.

Academy could alternately grant elite exp status rather than +2 figure

(October 3rd, 2024, 07:48)zitro1987 Wrote: Yeah, the + figure buff is immense and does not follow the pattern of -1 attack seen by swordsmen (which get +33% figure not +50% as shaman). Bowmen anf shaman would become the default unit in early game - bowmen being a cheap and more accessible longbowmen in an economy race and shaman - can you imagine a few enchanted with heroism?. The race is essentially overhauled and unbalanced by this.

This change coming as reaction of Hadriex's latest playthrough on pure sorcery halfling where his halfling could barely hold their own and much different from other races. Actually, halfling without buff barely hold their own at all.

Look like I completely overreacted to Hadriex stream, I will reduces figure back to as before. And add figure bonus to Shaman and Disciples to Academy instead.

I don't want to give elite status from Academy, I don't want it to be complete alternative that much easier to get for Altar of Battle.

(October 3rd, 2024, 08:16)Suppanut Wrote:
(October 3rd, 2024, 07:48)zitro1987 Wrote: Yeah, the + figure buff is immense and does not follow the pattern of -1 attack seen by swordsmen (which get +33% figure not +50% as shaman). Bowmen anf shaman would become the default unit in early game - bowmen being a cheap and more accessible longbowmen in an economy race and shaman - can you imagine a few enchanted with heroism?. The race is essentially overhauled and unbalanced by this.

This change coming as reaction of Hadriex's latest playthrough on pure sorcery halfling where his halfling could barely hold their own and much different from other races. Actually, halfling without buff barely hold their own at all.

Look like I completely overreacted to Hadriex stream, I will reduces figure back to as before. And add figure bonus to Shaman and Disciples to Academy instead.

I don't want to give elite status from Academy, I don't want it to be complete alternative that much easier to get for Altar of Battle.

Playing pure sorcery and no unitbuff at all really (except for focus magic) makes for weak normal units, but that goes for every race more or less, specially early on. And it's early on you need to be able to survive with sorcery, if you manage through that stage you should be able to live on sorcery alone. 

You could make the Academy (along with it's researchbuff) work as halflings war collage I think rather than extra figueres. Then you can get veteran troops out as halfling later in game but they still are hurt by it early on and it doesen't take away the effect of Altar of Battle. No one really build Disciples and Shamans late-game anyway so giving them extra figueres after Academy I feel wouldn't change a thing. Would only consider it in a city with Orihalcon.

(October 3rd, 2024, 08:16)Suppanut Wrote:

Do you have a discord or some such I could join to help collaborate on this mod? I did find that reducing the total opponents from 13 to 10 seems much more manageable.

I was surprised to see iron skin move down a tier. Just like how survival of the fittest gives armor on iron and melee on coal when armor is the more difficult stat to improve.