As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore is Tokugawa of Zulu, or, playing for second place.

When I worked at Fred Meyer's* main office, we spelled it Cincinasty

*multi-department store that Kroger bought in the 90s
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Ok, making idle comments while I read.

1) Reading your opening, I see so many comments about "Toku Zulu, must Impi rush" and I just don't get it. Why? It's Krillmod, so you have cheap barracks (which provide culture here) and cheap granaries. You actually had one of the best expansion combos in this game. Why not aggressively settle cities and back it up with Agg Impis? I dunno, I'm looking at your early screenshots like this:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0421.JPG]

You were frustrated here with a lack of copper, but I don't see why you needed to be so tied to copper/Impis. Why not get yourself pottery and REX instead? I guess I don't understand why you were even thinking Impis at this point in the game.

2) Brutal to lose your first settler like that frown. Sorry to hear that.

3) But yeah, I guess I don't get the war with Regopin? I don't get them settling on your continent either, but I haven't read their thread yet either so I can't judge yet. I dunno, I just think you severely undervalued TokuZulu in Krillmod. You played it like it was vanilla civ, but it's way stronger here. I actually like the versatility. You get a decent expansion stuff (barracks/granaries cheap) with military boost on nearly all units to back it up.

4) THANK YOU for razing GLH. Seriously, internet high-five for you.

5) I, uh, don't remember this:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG]

I apparently retired from the game in 700BC. smoke

This is the halfway point of the thread, so I'll post this now and keep reading. Fun read so far. smile

Ok finally finished. Not much else to add. I believe that Regopin settling Coneheads on your continent was the most influential city plant of the game. That changed so, so much.

Good game and good thread. smile

Yeah settling Coneheads really did change things. I do understand the feeling that it was a "pink dot" but I'm not sure I agree - it was only 4 tiles from our capital after all....

That was where while we had a good BFC start, being on that peninsula really hurt us since it made expansion to half of our first-ring more difficult

(August 31st, 2012, 22:22)Commodore Wrote: Bastard coated bastard with bastard filling flipped the tech to Cyneheard.

So I read this yesterday and chuckled, but I didn't know this was a reference as I've never heard this line before. In a bizarre fluke, I then just happened to watch the exact episode of Scrubs (an episode I'd never seen before) last night in which this phrase is used. It was a funny "aha!" moment for me.

Just got through your thread. Awesome story-telling! Hope you keep it up in the new pitboss
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player