As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New CIV VI PBEM

Sounds good to me.

Just a note, I think Russia is too strong at the moment even without WE. This hopefully will be adressed, but the Lavra is too strong and the additional tiles early are one of the best early game traits.

(April 10th, 2021, 07:48)Kaiser Wrote: Just a note, I think Russia is too strong at the moment even without WE. This hopefully will be adressed, but the Lavra is too strong and the additional tiles early are one of the best early game traits.

At least I managed to loose two times with Russia. So I kinda disagree.

Yeah, I think Russia's fine without WE. If we take away the Lavra's bonus GPP too, I think Japan will become the new #1 religious civ in addition to their already very strong lategame building, with Russia's only consistent advantage over them being the free tiles. The only game Russia has actually won was TBS's Cossack stomp, right? That's a strong move, but the vast majority of Russia games seem to end long before Cossacks appear on the field. I think we should at least see how Russia plays without WE before deciding they're still banworthy.

Civs:
-Hungry
-Colombia
-Scythia
-Babylon

Other:
-Venetian Arsenal
-Religious Settlements Pantheon
-Work Ethic
-Nan Madol
-No pillaging City-State tiles except for farms and fishing boats.
-No tactical DoWs.

Do we have a consensus definition for what specifically counts as a tactical DoW? e.g.

PBEM20 spoilers:
in PBEM20 I declared on CMF/marco because I needed era score, not because I actually wanted to take their cities, but after 15t of phoney war it has now begun to evolve into an actual war where I do want to take their cities. Is that the sort of thing this rule would prohibit?

(April 10th, 2021, 12:16)ljubljana Wrote: Yeah, I think Russia's fine without WE. If we take away the Lavra's bonus GPP too, I think Japan will become the new #1 religious civ in addition to their already very strong lategame building, with Russia's only consistent advantage over them being the free tiles. The only game Russia has actually won was TBS's Cossack stomp, right? That's a strong move, but the vast majority of Russia games seem to end long before Cossacks appear on the field. I think we should at least see how Russia plays without WE before deciding they're still banworthy.

Alhambram won via Cossack stomp/Religious victory in PBEM2, as well.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Oh, so tactical DoWs here refers specifically to ones that abuse civ-specific abilities like Persia's and Australia's? Sounds good to me if that's the case.

(April 10th, 2021, 12:46)thrawn Wrote: What do you think about free picking like in PBEM 20 and like Ichabod and I did? It was nice being able to pick what you feel like playing at the moment and I don't mind doing it again.

I argee that it is nice to able to pick yourself, however it likely results in players picking usual civs that we are seeing before, because they are mostly good at MP games.
Maybe a idea to remove all civs that has won PBEM before from our pick list? Or is that a bit overkill and only remove two civs that won at least twice (Rome and Russia) from our choice pool?

I was actually musing yesterday about removing all previous winners from the pool, just to see what that did. That would remove:

- Rome
- Russia
- Victorian England
- Japan
- America
- Macedon
- Mongolia
- Aztec
- Arabia
- Persia
- Hungary
- Cree
- Nubia
- (Phoenicia, Brazil, Canada, or Eleanor England)
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.