As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[no players] Mocking the Continental Drifters -Lurker Thread.

I see no reason to stop, as long as we get good enough topics for discussion back up and running.

Commodore Wrote:Wow, so with Mackoti and Kyan both gone, Music's combo looks a little more broken. Still should be StM's game to lose though.

did I miss something? did Mackoti quit the game?

edit: ok nm, I see the thread now. Generally don't read the "civ discussion" forum very often.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Not much point in ded-lurking a non-player so I checked out what else has been going on this game. Lots of... interesting choices.

However I really have to call out Shoot's response to his amazing FP grass and FP plains tiles:

Shoot the Moon Wrote:I can't really meaningfully improve them for a while anyway -- I'd probably want to farm them (that city is clearly going to be a GP farm or Globe whip/draft center) but can't until CS anyway. Maybe cottage them in the meantime, but chopping and otherwise expanding certainly come before non-riverside cottages that will get farmed over anyway, so yeah won't be improving them anytime soon most likely.

I mean seriously, think about that for a moment. Why would one prioritize chopping over non-riverside cottages? It's because you don't have the population to work those tiles! Holy hell, if you were actually working a bare plains tile and were planning to continue working it for the rest of the game, YES A COTTAGE ON THAT TILE IS BETTER THAN CHOPPING A FOREST. That is the same situation as here: he has an unimproved plains and grassland which he is going to work for the rest of the game.

good point smoke

ok, musicman has posted enough demos with him #6 in GNP, MFG, and food that I take back my statement about him winning his island lol Not sure how that's happenning, really, with the land and leader he has.

Also this game has gotten incredibly boring to lurk with mackoti and kyan dropping out, and only musicman and thestick ever updating :/.

So is this a great game, terribly reported? Seems like it. Shocking to have so many in the game at this point.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Seems like people are starting to die, we just can't see it.