As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ6 with Custom World Builder Map

A quick update now that World Builder is now part of the official game.

Everything about making the map is pretty much the same but now the game supports creating a game from a custom map and we no longer need to use Cornflakes Earth Map trick. 

To get a custom map to show up in the list of available maps, you will need to give the map a name. To do this, open the dialog box in the World Builder (located top left) and select "Text" on the top of the pop-up window. It has 4 options along the left. You will need to add a name to 2 of them, the Mod Name and Map Name. I think these have to be the same but not 100%, I always name them the same...

I named it Test Alpha. You can add a description if you want but it is not required. Next, save the custom map using the same name that you gave the map. Now it will show up under the available maps when creating a game...

That is it. Much easier! Just make sure if you have assigned starting locations using the advanced menu that you have no more civilizations than you have sites assigned. If you have more, it will delete all the ones you have plotted and generate its own locations. If you have more plotted than you are playing with, it will chose the locations you have plotted randomly.