As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

For what it's worth, I appreciated your pun Brick.
Fie, fie! you visionary things.

Hey Brick your caps lock key got stuck, not sure if you were aware of it.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(October 16th, 2013, 15:36)BRickAstley Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 14:48)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 08:37)BRickAstley Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 06:29)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Rats. Well, remember that brave sacrifice. I've gone and died all heroic. There are bold heroes, but no old, bold heroes. Remember, eh!

If they get too old, regardless of boldness, they won't be going anywhere.

A high fiber diet helps with the not going, eh?

I'M MAKING A PUN WITH YOUR USERNAME NOT TALKING ABOUT MAPLE SYRUP

I made a pun right back about not going anywhere. When one cannot move, one must still move one's bowels, no? Unfortunately, Google let me down terribly when I searched for an image of a Canadian fiber supplement. Syrup, apparently, is all that Canadians need.

Edit: I FORGOT TO USE ALL CAPS...

I MADE A PUN RIGHT BACK ABOUT NOT GOING ANYWHERE. WHEN ONE CANNOT MOVE, ONE MUST STILL MOVE ONE'S BOWELS, NO? UNFORTUNATELY, GOOGLE LET ME DOWN TERRIBLY WHEN I SEARCHED FOR AN IMAGE OF A CANADIAN FIBER SUPPLEMENT. SYRUP, APPARENTLY, IS ALL THAT CANADIANS NEED!!!!!!1!11!!!ONE!!

wink

So whenever we're done making me think BGN's name means courageous constipation...
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0329.JPG]

...might be slightly interesting?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(October 16th, 2013, 17:59)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 15:36)BRickAstley Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 14:48)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 08:37)BRickAstley Wrote:
(October 16th, 2013, 06:29)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Rats. Well, remember that brave sacrifice. I've gone and died all heroic. There are bold heroes, but no old, bold heroes. Remember, eh!

If they get too old, regardless of boldness, they won't be going anywhere.

A high fiber diet helps with the not going, eh?

I'M MAKING A PUN WITH YOUR USERNAME NOT TALKING ABOUT MAPLE SYRUP

I made a pun right back about not going anywhere. When one cannot move, one must still move one's bowels, no? Unfortunately, Google let me down terribly when I searched for an image of a Canadian fiber supplement. Syrup, apparently, is all that Canadians need.

Edit: I FORGOT TO USE ALL CAPS...

I MADE A PUN RIGHT BACK ABOUT NOT GOING ANYWHERE. WHEN ONE CANNOT MOVE, ONE MUST STILL MOVE ONE'S BOWELS, NO? UNFORTUNATELY, GOOGLE LET ME DOWN TERRIBLY WHEN I SEARCHED FOR AN IMAGE OF A CANADIAN FIBER SUPPLEMENT. SYRUP, APPARENTLY, IS ALL THAT CANADIANS NEED!!!!!!1!11!!!ONE!!

wink

lol

An aside:

Great Scientist:
Writing
Mathematics

Scientific Method
Physics
Education
Printing Press
Fiber Optics
Computers
Laser (BTS)
The Wheel

Alphabet (BTS)
Philosophy (requires Meditation)
Chemistry
Fission
Fusion

Optics

The testimony of Swami Jacques.
[Image: French-Canadian_zpsd9f688fa.jpg]
Came into town that day, saw the strangest durn thang in the streets. Quebec ain't whacher callin' the most cosmopolawlatin' city, mostly a buncha farmers an' miners an' lumberjacks, now and then a trader like me. That day thar was a real live Injun, plain as could be. Jest walkin' all short and kinda pot-bellied, look on his face like a man wantin' to talk.
[Image: Advaitananda.jpg]
Well I ain't never seen a varmit or a man I ain't been willing to walk to, so I walk to him and ask him 'bout his day all nice like. He perked right up then, tole me he wuz lookin' fer a man just like myself. He got to askin' me 'bout what I did, tole him about my walkin' all over, from down Montreal a ways all up to Ottawa once or twice. I ain't sure how, but we talked more and he started askin' about how I dealt with the spirits.
[Image: Vishnu.jpg]
Well I tole him 'bout my huntin', how whenever I punch a moose to death for my supper I thank his spirit, an' how when I rip a tree out by the roots to make my campfire I always thank it an' the bushes around. He seemed mighty pleased, an' even more when I tole him most of us were that way.
He then tole me; "Jacques, all those spirits are but manifestations of the Supreme. Vishnu..."
"Gesundheit"
"No, the name of the Supreme chief is Vishnu-"
"Gesundheit"
"Vishnu! Vishnu!"
"Gesundheit. You got yourself some allergies?"
Whole sneezing attack kind of took some of the wind out of him, you know? But he explained a bit more about the Supreme, and we agreed to call him Brah-Man. Seemed like a purty good guy, an' we had been worshipin' him already, it seems. So anyway. I thought the little injun guy's news was good enough to share with some other folks.

Now we are all cultured an' such, 'least twice as much as before. I went around to some other cities an' asked the Queen if she'd figure us to make worship of Brah-Man an' offical Canadian tradition, but she said she wants to wait to see if it catches on in other towns first.

So, there you go.
[Image: hindu.png]

Commodore, you are amazing. bow

So more than just Quebec going Hindu happened! Yes, I settled city #9, timed perfectly with Currency coming in, and bringing my gold income up to a meaty 53gpt at 0%. Welcome lovely Ellesmere, home to sheep. Also, *future* home to some Moai statues because dem coasts.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0337.JPG]

My workboat, taking a little dodge on its date with destiny dull fishing, is rather unimpressed with this "tundra and peak" island territory. Although to be fair that's rather more apt for the Canadian Archipelago, eh? Maybe sexy deer musk ox and beavers Arctic Foxes lurk over there, but I have my doubts.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0335.JPG]

Lest it seem all is going will, I offer: "More of the same"
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0338.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0339.JPG]

What's so Great about that Wall anyway? frown

(October 17th, 2013, 20:34)Ceiliazul Wrote: Commodore, you are amazing. bow

+1 bow