As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

TURN 27

I don't cut off the scout. Forgot no zone of control on a slinger but I take the free hit. Maybe I can chase it down or maybe I can take out some of the erupted units.

[Image: 8cZzi1E.jpg]

HS finishes and reveals a civic.

[Image: YM2lHWL.jpg]

Cap micros to finish worker in 5 - 3 turn to get to Stonehenge then 2 charges.

Religion in 11 turn I think.

No one else has so much as a GP point.

[Image: 1lwIQNt.jpg]
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Looking good all around. As for the scout it might get trapped along the river, in which case you might be able to move NE and give it another shot.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

decent land over to the west so far as well. all coast no river though.

Turn 27

Builder is done. Eastern scout ran away. I decide to park my warrior on the diamonds in order to heal in a defensive position. I find the scout directly between it and the camp:

If it remains in attack range I’ll kill it. If it moves I’ll let it go while the warrior heals, then take out the camp first.

The decision to make is at the capital – settler or military? I’d also love to get a monument out but that’s not urgent. I decide to get a slinger out, fully utilizing the overflow from the builder. I’ll get the settler out after that. Builder farms the rice, getting me the boost for Irrigation. With the delay in the settler and the extra Icon_Food from the farm I swap the citizen from the deer to the truffles. That gets me extra Icon_Gold with no change in Icon_Food or Icon_Production. Running the numbers I can move the rice worker to the deer in five turns as I’ll have enough Icon_Food to maintain population but gain enough Icon_Production to take a turn off the settler.

Kaiser gained 3 era score; that also looks like a nearby barbarian camp. Guess we’re not the only ones dealing with these things right now. No other notable changes in score.

First boat next turn.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

TURN 28

Fair bit of land up north. I won't catch the scout now.

[Image: pVimIL1.jpg]

Also good bit of land out west. First charge in Stonehenge I consider waiting on this in case someone else is chopping it out or some such but that seems unlikely.

[Image: pwtHz5X.jpg]

That western area looks promising, especially since it appears it goes north. Gives us a bit of a protected "natural" harbor up there.

Note to future selves: You Can Call Me Al should build a watermill once I complete Wheel. That'd be worth 3Icon_Food1Icon_Production in that city.

Yeah water mill is a eureka we certainly want. I think my cap also builds one.

need and aqueduct somewhere are well. not at all sure where.

I think we see if any of the islands turns up a good location for a non-freshwater city. I also have no qualms about putting an inland city on any larger islands we find - secures the territorial claim a bit bettern against naval raiding.

I've also started debating making City #3 a commerce-focused city; swapping the Campus for a Commercial Hub and a market/trade route. With the diamonds and tea (plantation gold) already there I think a Icon_Gold focused city might be the right call. Going to need to pay for those jongs with something. That role could also fall to City 'A' since that area lacks good Holy Site & Campus locations.

Turn 28

Sailing complete, start Astrology. Move one warrior, heal-fortify the other. Builder embarks and will boat the fish next turn. Buy the galley for 130Icon_Faith at Al, historic moment confirms I’ve got the first boat in the water. First stop will be the land jutting out of the fog to the southeast. Take a look around, don’t see anything notable (Roland, the entire western area you’re now exploring is an appeal gold mine).

Woden completed a tech, Ljubljana settled his second city. Woden might, or might not, have Sailing. Keep that in mind going forward. He’d be able to take any ungarrisoned city with a single longship without too much fuss right now.

TURN 29

Good news in the east that scout seems lost frankly I wonder if it was from the camp I killed and it just doesn't know where to find me to go suicide.

[Image: bwOQB1s.jpg]

More good news in the west. There are horses out there.

[Image: K8LAtiw.jpg]

Not shitting it at all honest.

at least there is a choke point.

I fear this means the scout has seen my capital as well.