As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

No. The +5 only applies to units of the religion's founder when within the borders of a city following the religion. I'd get no benefit from it. The only benefit I'd get from your religion is whichever follower belief you took.

Regarding the spearman there's a highly liikely chance that it will attack across the river on its turn. Each of the units will take about 30 points of damage. At that point if you attack the spear you should force it to retreat. At that point if you attacked it'd retreat and I'd be able to intercept it NE of the mountain. I don't know that it would cross the river with both units there but we can give it a shot, though.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

OK getting my head round it now. Not as good as I had hoped. What would you go for?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Turn 34

Warrior in capital is healing. Warrior at camp makes another attack and earns a promotion. Slinger moves into the woods. Blah blah blah. Get on with it:

Nothing on settler vision. The hill NE of the fish is not breathtaking so I assume there’s more land over that way. Going there next turn.

Astrology completes next turn and I’ll be starting Writing. I’ll have enough Icon_Gold in three turns to buy the tile and lock in the Holy Site at the capital. That will be my next build after the settler completes.

Archduke has completed his fourth tech, Kaiser his third.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

should i send gold and you can lock in now?

(January 17th, 2021, 03:48)roland of gilead Wrote: OK getting my head round it now. Not as good as I had hoped. What would you go for?

In looking at the various beliefs I wouldn't take a building as the initial belief.  I would, however, recommend taking Wats at some point with an evangelized belief.  Likewise, Enhancer Beliefs, per the wiki, are intended to aid and defend the religion.  We don't need those yet, either.  That leaves Founder Beliefs.

Papal Primacy and Religious Unity are city-state related and therefore out.  That leaves three other broad "categories" of beliefs:

- those based on district builds (Lay Ministry, Stewardship)
- those based on converted cities (Pilgrimage, Sacred Places)
- those based on population/cities converted (Cross-Cultural Dialog, Tithe, World Church)

I think the district build ones are not worth the effort. In re-reading the description I don't think Sacred Places is worth it, either.  That appears to apply only once per city, not once per wonder.  Pilgrimage would help you generate extra faith but if you're building Holy Sites and wonders is the extra Icon_Faith necessary?

I think Cross-Cultural Dialog, Tithe or World Church would be the way to go.  I'm leaning towards Tithe only because the district plans don't lend themselves to Icon_Gold generation and we are going to be generating plenty of Icon_Culture from Choral Music.  It's also city-based, not follower based, so there's a lower bar to clear to get the yield bonus.

i can get a fair bit of gold from great wall if needed.

sacred placed is once per city but does kick in a good spread early. bit of everything.

it would knock my science up 50% right away etc.

i think i can get 6 cities with it perhaps 7 or 8.

say 6. 12 of each resource v what 30 - 36 gold.

That's true. It might be the better way to go if you're spreading the wonders out that much.

because production is irrelevant i can pick at least 1 for each city.

the reason i was looking at defender of the faith is sacred places will almost certainly still be there for me when i build the mahabodi. no one else would take it except for denial purposes and that's hurting them more than me.

not sure and only have a few turns to decide. I don't think either way is bad. sacred places is the farmers gambit.

defender of the faith may protect from norway but us having boats in the water probably does that anyway.

i only have 1 city from 1st 3 on the water and it has a district already. do i really need dof.

TURN 35

Todays episode of Barbs are mental is a good one.

[Image: ymcYxih.jpg]

Barb neither attacks nor retreats so I skelp him again.

[Image: VJ4XQai.jpg]

Have a look SUB and see what you want me to do next here.

Stonehenge now 33 hammers from completion 6 natural and a 27 charge. Perfection as charges do not overflow.

[Image: 3VemXZu.jpg]

In the west I go after the scout and find only good things.

[Image: y9VWpkI.jpg]

Might settle where the scout is.

That fortification move was....crazyeye How about you go 2E, I'll move up and finish off the spear while you head for the camp?

Yeah, that western spot is good for a city.

Regarding Norway I don't know that we'd have to be too worried immediately. However, I think it remains something we should keep in mind. If we feel we need a stopgap defense I can just park my own galley on the turtles and that would block access to the capital.