As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

(December 27th, 2012, 23:08)Thoth Wrote:
(December 27th, 2012, 16:31)Qgqqqqq Wrote: I'd recommend checking the Secret Codes thing, as I was unable to get the GS when the opponents voted against it (I tested it with 3 vs. 3 AW, with everyone bonked into UC from T1. We won the council vote (I think either the human or the first in turn order automatically wins ties.) however were unable to win SC when they voted against it (it still passed, we just didn't get the GS). Despite this, when we did the Nightwatch thing they voted for it and it passed, so I suspect it is something to do with how SC works in a team game.

Based on past experience....the councils can be a little wonky in MP. wink

I've never been in an MP game where someone didn't want a free GS wink so I don't know how deadlocks work. In SP you only need 1/2 the votes to pass a resolution, so 2/4 in favour passes.

TBH: I'm pretty convinced that we're better off in UC until after SC than in OC.

Yes, Ellimist and Mardoc we'd save a bit of gold and gain a few beakers.

Look at the demos.

We can afford a bit of a gamble. wink

Quote:I also like the sound of the attacks hammer hammer

Maybe attack.....depending on what we see over the next few turns, we have a number of cuttout points where we can change plans...we won't make the final decision until t114. smile

Points: Cassiel definitely can, so I suspect Illians can too (I tested as Cassiel).
Yes in SP half is all thats nessecary, BUT in the settings I tested (3vs.3, AW) you would pass the secret codes but NOT get the GS, which I suspect is a function of either AW or the permenent alliance (leaning on PA here, with the justification that you can't trade techs anyway).
I really don't think its their voting against as I booted one out (so it was 3>2 votes) and it came up as PASSED.

But... I wanted MOAR WAR hammerhammerhammerhammer

Fake edit: I just spent forty minutes on Hotseat testing it, and I have no idea bang One idea is that for every vote against the team loses one sage(sometimes it showed only some civs getting it), but then the tests didn't correspond rolleye
In short, I now have no more clue then I did before.
Illians can definitely go into UC, though.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(December 27th, 2012, 23:08)Thoth Wrote: Based on past experience....the councils can be a little wonky in MP. wink

I've never been in an MP game where someone didn't want a free GS wink so I don't know how deadlocks work. In SP you only need 1/2 the votes to pass a resolution, so 2/4 in favour passes.
Yeah, I don't expect there to be any chance that the council functions and doesn't try to pass secret codes. I'd be shocked if anyone votes against it, particularly with Team Wizard getting no benefit. My worry is just that we're misunderstanding game mechanics, and/or that the game mechanics are wonky in pitboss/always war/teams. Certainly a Sage would pay for the extra undercouncil turns, no question about it.

(December 28th, 2012, 02:03)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Points: Cassiel definitely can, so I suspect Illians can too (I tested as Cassiel).
Yes in SP half is all thats nessecary, BUT in the settings I tested (3vs.3, AW) you would pass the secret codes but NOT get the GS, which I suspect is a function of either AW or the permenent alliance (leaning on PA here, with the justification that you can't trade techs anyway).
I really don't think its their voting against as I booted one out (so it was 3>2 votes) and it came up as PASSED.

But... I wanted MOAR WAR hammerhammerhammerhammer

Fake edit: I just spent forty minutes on Hotseat testing it, and I have no idea bang One idea is that for every vote against the team loses one sage(sometimes it showed only some civs getting it), but then the tests didn't correspond rolleye
In short, I now have no more clue then I did before.
Illians can definitely go into UC, though.

Oh, dear. Not a guaranteed every time working how we thought? I guess I'll be spending some time testing it too, this weekend. Maybe I can figure out how it works as a general rule. Only thing worse than no plans are detailed plans based on false assumptions frown.

Anyway, Q, I can promise that we'll give you much war. The only real debate is whether it happens T114, with axes and chariots and wolf riders, or T120 with all the above plus vampires. Or sometime in between when we see an opportunity and take it. And this also kinda assumes that Team Clown plays along, for all we know the war could start on their timetable instead of ours.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 28th, 2012, 10:23)Mardoc Wrote: Yeah, I don't expect there to be any chance that the council functions and doesn't try to pass secret codes. I'd be shocked if anyone votes against it, particularly with Team Wizard getting no benefit. My worry is just that we're misunderstanding game mechanics, and/or that the game mechanics are wonky in pitboss/always war/teams. Certainly a Sage would pay for the extra undercouncil turns, no question about it.

We do actually have another reason to keep the Calabim in UC until after t114.

Slaves. party I doubt there will be any Non-Golem Gnomes in Saltus, but if there are: a pair/trio of Gnome slaves can combat road a hill in 1t and only pay 1mp to do it. That might just come in handy. And we have a lot of Calabim units participating in Operation Thunderstruck.

Assuming ofc, that there actually *is* an Operation Thunderstruck. There is plenty they could have done in the turns since we last saw Saltus to beef up defenses and if they have enough Adepts on hand, they can gimp the Cat collateral via Puppet spam to dilute the collateral.

But if we can catch them light on units.....

http://youtu.be/fU0bKMj9Kgo

With some misdirection we might (maybe) achieve tactical surprise. But I'm pretty certain we'll have achieved strategic surprise.

What kind of lunatic builds Catapults as the freaking Calabim ffs?

If their (assumed) Puppet/FE scouting has been in Calabimia's direction, they may have already seen the cats.

They'll see them for sure t112. But they've gone with a perfectionist city placement style rather than our grubby "slap a city down anywhere you can". So that limits their resupply ability.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we see over the next few turns (plus getting a crapton of Shamans built wink )

Quote:Anyway, Q, I can promise that we'll give you much war. The only real debate is whether it happens T114, with axes and chariots and wolf riders, or T120 with all the above plus vampires. Or sometime in between when we see an opportunity and take it. And this also kinda assumes that Team Clown plays along, for all we know the war could start on their timetable instead of ours.

It's not either or. party

We'll have Vamps coming off the line very shortly. ~12 by t120

And depending on how things go on the Saltus front, we might, maybe, just might but don't count on it, be able to continue to press the offensive if our body count isn't too high taking Saltus.
fnord

Also:

We've been forgetting something vitally important:

The Elohim have 8 griffons. That's enough to call it an Air Force.

The EAF units need names. hammer
fnord

8 griffons?
If it's not looking like you'll be expanding your air force any time soon, Snow White and the 7 dwarves. Added bonus for any reals dwarves your 'dwarves' kill tongue

alt: famous pilots
eg.
Manfred von Richthofen for one with a few kills
Amelia Earhart for one of the better scouts
-- Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
-- As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Peter Griffin?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(December 29th, 2012, 20:41)Mattimeo Wrote: 8 griffons?

Yep. smile

maybe a few more if we can find some hammers and gold to get a Hunting Lodge built in LPH and upgrade the local SA scouts.

Quote:If it's not looking like you'll be expanding your air force any time soon, Snow White and the 7 dwarves. Added bonus for any reals dwarves your 'dwarves' kill tongue

alt: famous pilots
eg.
Manfred von Richthofen for one with a few kills
Amelia Earhart for one of the better scouts

(December 29th, 2012, 20:46)Commodore Wrote: Peter Griffin?

I like the "famous pilots" with some famous aircraft as well.

I think Manfred von Richthofen is too long....but The Red Baron works. Bonus style points to Plako/DaveV if they kill him with a Fireball named "Snoopy" lol That'll do for our Mob2/C2 Griffon

Amelia Earhart for our Griffon in the Far West Isles works.

Billy Bishop for the C3 Griffon in the NE?

Enola Gay and Spirit of St. Louis for the two Western Griffons doing overwatch vs the Wizzards.

That leaves the two southern griffons and one of the Gnome Peak Griffons unnamed.
fnord

FFS

These PYFT problems are very irritating.

At this point, I'm starting to oppose ANY more pauses and reloads. When it's your turn, use it or lose it.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

smile

TBH, I'm ok with the delay. lol

Real-time delay gave us a bit of a chance to catch our breath and squabble over plans. wink

Our "Economic Miracle" over the last 10 turns has been a bit heady to keep up with.

So, as much as I'm itching to get on with things, I'm pretty cool with the turn pace slowdown of late.

Damnit.

Wanna play a turn tomorrow though. frown

I'm really looking forward to seeing if we can pull off Operation Thunderstrike. twirl
fnord

Also:

3 more Griffon Names pls. hammer
fnord