As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Nexomon Extinction

Nexomon Extinction Return To Normalcy Part 11:  Creating Cores

HARDING spent enough time leveling in Palmaya and elsewhere that his entire Normal team was at Levels 50-51 before taking on Celine again.  NAMANSI had learned PETRAM's Rock Wall technique which decreases damage by 70% on the next round, 50% on the 2nd round, and 30% on the 3rd round after use.  TARRAGON replaced Super Punch with Palm Flurry for 25 more power and a 25% flinch chance at the cost of 5% accuracy.

Celine was still difficult even at these higher levels since the Normals had no resistances.  RAPNUX and BRAUNCER had already died when PETRAM thawed out for the 2nd battle, and NAMANSI knocked itself out in Confusion after a 32 damage Sandstorm blinded it.  At least NAMANSI launched an 89 strength Plasma Star first.

ARISPAUVA's Burn casts were Not Effective in both damage output and their failure to Burn PETRAM.  ARISPAUVA wasn't a Fire type, but PETRAM's Drill might as well have been Effective with 51 damage.  TARRAGON's Palm Flurry slapped PETRAM down to 301/644 HP, but a Sandstorm confused my dragon.  The only good option was to switch to BULLOGAN and let it fight until the confusion wore off.  (Confusion is on a set timer in Nexomon Extinction.)  BULLOGAN Healed itself after tagging in and started its Leaf Dance for up to 53 per hit until PETRAM was knocked out.

Hannah tried to salvage her bitcoin mining scheme with a Level 46 HAINOK (Water), which TARRAGON jolted with Electric Force and Electrode.  Palm Flurry prevented the enemy Level 48 ARISPAUVA from attacking on the 2nd turn after missing with Plasma Cannon.  Scratch gashed ARISPAUVA, and TARRAGON somehow also managed to dodge Level 47 RAPILUX's (Normal) Combos and destroy it with Palm Flurry + Electrode.  BRAUNCER dueled Level 46 CUISIZLE (Fire) with Water Blast, though the enemy's Suncore exhausted it.  NAMANSI's Plasma Stars burst on Level 49 FRICTINGLE (Electric) and won the battle.

Before leaving Hannah's cave, HARDING found a Healthy Charm which would provide minor passive healing after combat.  I'll need as many as I can find for the Elite 4 Grandmaster challenge.  HARDING found a 2nd Healthy Charm by jumping across a pond near Parum and opening a treasure chest.

HARDING needed to talk to Bonnie anyway to get the access card to Khan Woods, so he made 6 copies Destruction Core III and 2 of Stamina Core III.  Destruction Core III boosts ATK by 10%, and Stamina Core III gives 15% more Stamina for the Nexomon that benefit from defensive tactics like Heal and Rock Wall,

The Miner's Goggles were inside a chest in a Khan Woods cave to make Shard rocks reappear faster.  ARISPAUVA's Burn + Invincible combo let it take on a Level 51 RAKSUMA (Plant) miniboss with 348 HP solo.

Pith Hat Tamer #1 in Hidden Village led with a Level 50 GOBLAT (Electric) which NAMANSI smashed with Meteor Strikes.  Plasma Stars and Heal let NAMANSI beat up fellow fake Mineral type Level 50 SKOUNQUET (Normal).  ARISPAUVA's Incinerate inflicted Burning on Level 49 DRACLY (Wind) and killed it via passive damage.  BRAUNCER's Water Blasts drowned Level 50 BOILGOG (Water).

Pith Hat Tamer #2 began with a Level 49 YARNESTY that was vulnerable to ARISPAUVA's Burn + Incinerate.  The same combo took down Level 50 MALENOSTRA (Ghost), though ARISPAUVA was Stunned for a turn due to Palm Flurry.  Incinerate reduced Level 48 REEFERUS (Plant) to about half HP, but ARISPAUVA had taken too much damage by then and had to switch to RAPNUX.  RAPNUX's Gusty Storm + Gust sent the seahorse flying, and more Gusty Storms scared away Level 50 RAKSUMA (Plant).  NAMANSI finished off Level 49 FELCLAW (Fire) with a Plasma Star after RAPNUX had to retreat, and the last fight of this episode was over.

In the next update, HARDING will start to resurrect the Tyrants required for the final battle.

Stats and Equipment

NAMANSI Level 52, Ultra Rare

HP:  184
ST:  182
ATK:  122
DEF:  75
SPD:  99

Rock Wall
Plasma Star
Heal
Meteor Strike

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Destruction Core III
Stamina Core III

ARISPAUVA Level 52, Rare

HP:  169
ST:  159
ATK:  106
DEF:  70
SPD:  116

Burn
Super Slam
Incinerate
Invincible

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Protection Core II
Destruction Core III

BULLOGAN Level 52, Rare

HP:  190
ST:  186
ATK:  113
DEF:  77
SPD:  95

Double Slash
Heal
Leaf Dance
Bite

Synergy Core III
Experience Core II
Destruction Core III
Stamina Core III

TARRAGON Level 52, Mega Rare

HP:  182
ST:  160
ATK:  110
DEF:  82
SPD:  99

Scratch
Electrode
Palm Flurry
Electric Force

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Vitality Core II
Destruction Core III

RAPNUX Level 51, Mega Rare

HP:  174
ST:  159
ATK:  111
DEF:  71
SPD:  109

Gust
Scratch
Double Slash
Gusty Storm

Experience Core II
Synergy Core III
Greed Core II
Destruction Core III

BRAUNCER Level 52, Common

HP:  190
ST:  160
ATK:  102
DEF:  80
SPD:  95

Splash
Water Blast
Double Slash
Plasma Star

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Destruction Core III
"I wonder what that even looks like, a robot body with six or seven CatClaw daggers sticking out of it and nothing else, and zooming around at crazy agility speed."

T-Hawk, on my Final Fantasy Legend 2 All Robot Challenge.

Nexomon Extinction Return To Normalcy Part 12:  The Final Vault

First on the list of Tyrants to resurrect was NIVALIS in Tomb of Omnicron.  Cultist #1 opened with a Level 51 STALAGCA (Mineral) that RAPNUX weathered with Gusty Storm.  Another Gusty Storm cut Level 51 BISINA's (Normal) HP by about 40%, but a Plasma sent RAPNUX to red and forced it to switch to NAMANSI.  NAMANSI shot Plasma Star until BISINA and Level 51 ZAPPNIC (Electric) were killed.  TARRAGON's Electric Force shocked Level 51 HARECTIC (Water), and the cultist was defeated.

Lobo the cult leaser had a full team unlike his minion.  BULLOGAN Leaf Danced around Level 52 VARAWIRL (Water) until it lost about half its HP, then Healed to shrug off Water Blast and Torrent.  VARAWIRL tagged out to Level 51 LURKENNIE (Ghost), which ARISPAUVA battled with Incinerate and gradual damage from Burn + Invincible.  ARISPAUVA's Burn didn't inflict Burning on Level 50 RAPNUX like HARDING had hoped, so TARRAGON had to kill it with Palm Flurry + Electrode instead. 

TARRAGON was at critical HP after taking a Tornado Kick from RAPNUX, but at least it could finish off LURKENNIE with another Electrode.  BRAUNCER dueled Level 52 BLAZETILIA (Fire) with Water Blast and fell to around half health in the process.  This was enough to knock Level 52 SHARDRILLION (Earth) to red HP and causing it to switch to Level 52 FOREER (Plant). 

NAMANSI sent a Plasma Star at FOREER and Healed after two enemy Double Slashes.  FOREER sacrificed SHARDRILLION to Plasma Star to save itself, and more Plasma Stars destroyed VARAWIRL.  By the time NAMANSI had exhausted its Stamina, FOREER was also below half HP due to Plasma Star.  FOREER spent a turn recovering from Tired status as BULLOGAN was Demotivated.  BULLOGAN needed to Heal before Biting FOREER to death.  HARDING revived NIVALIS and Lobo was forced to acknowledge him as King of Monsters.

MULCIMER in New Ignitia refused to join HARDING's cause before being defeated in a battle.  It had 745 HP and was not Burning no matter how hard ARISPAUVA tried.  A critical Double Slash on the switch and a critical Bite forced RAPNUX to retreat after only a 62 damage Double Slash.  BRAUNCER's Water Blasts doused MULCIMER until it was down to 433 HP, and Double Slashes made it switch out too. 

NAMANSI and its Rock Wall was a decent DEF against enemy Double Slashes, which were now down to a pathetic 22.  Plasma Stars injured MULCIMER in the low 70s per hit, and NAMANSI only needed to leave when it was Demotivated and low on Stamina.  TARRAGON had an unfortunate performance in this fight when its Palm Flurry missed and it was knocked out by Double Slash.  BULLOGAN's own Double Slashes cut away the last 107 of MULCIMER's HP.

Story linked level scaling was merciless at this point:  even random tamers now had Level 54-55 Nexomon that were comparable to my team.  The Normals had to go on a grinding tour, and caught the two Fire monsters in New Ignitia needed to sell to the Frozen Tundra NPC in exchange for the final Vault Key.  To get IMBURION, I had to catch its middle form and then evolve it in wild battles near Immortal Citadel.  GLONTERN was easier to catch since it was in the local Vault cave.

(I thought that Ghosts would be an easy source of experience for it, but Psychics tended to appear instead.  Either way, IMBURION was never used in a tamer battle or story mission.)    

Spencer's Fortune, Vault #1 was behind plants in Outlands that HARDING had to destroy with Fenrir's power.  The final Tribute was Tribute of Power, which must have meant Normal type.  Nothing happened after all 9 Vaults were looted, so the resolution to that plot must happen in the postgame.  I may feature some the postgame with the Normals if it involves battles rather than just catching Legendary Nexomon.

By the time the Normals were ready to fight Celine in order to revive PETRAM, they were at Levels 60-61.  This was not overleveling as I'd expected since the battle to convince one Laterian raider to join HARDING involved a Level 59 RUSTUNG (Mineral).  One misadventure occurred when I realized that I had wasted enough Fire Nexotraps on IMBURION and GLONTERN that I didn't have enough to pay a Laterian raider.  HARDING was tricked into buying lunch for the Palmaya Nexotrap maker, only to learn that she didn't create Fire Nexotraps.  The relevant crafter was in Drake Isles.

Celine led with a Level 58 CANINUI (Psychic), which gave even BULLOGAN pause with 79-80 strength Psy Geyser.  BULLOGAN alternated between Heal and Leaf Dance until CANINUI retreated to Level 56 GOATLANCHE (Normal).  NAMANSI's Plasma Stars sent GOATLANCHE running to CANINUI.  BULLOGAN was saved when CANINUI inexplicably started attacking with 20 damage Scratch instead of Psy Geyser, and the cow knocked it to 1 HP with Leaf Dance, and a Bite was the finisher.

Heal + Leaf Dance almost killed GOATLANCHE until it tagged out to Level 57 IMBURION.  BRAUNCER failed dramatically when its Water Blasts were too weak to outdamage Double Slash + Fire Claw + Burning status.  GOATLANCHE could no longer escape NAMANSI's Plasma Star, and RAPNUX blew Level 55 OREGOON (Mineral) away with Gusty Storm while reeling from Rock Punches.  NAMANSI Healed and began a Plasma Star exchange with rival starter Level 56 TRESAUR (Mineral) until it was victorious and low on Stamina.

Celine's IMBURION also inflicted Burning on TARRAGON with Fire Claw, but this time my Nexomon won the duel thanks to Palm Flurry.  TARRAGON continued swiping with Palm Flurry against Level 58 QUARMOR (Mineral) until it was low on HP and needed to switch out.  ARISPAUVA defeated QUARMOR with Burn + Invincible despite it being "Not Effective" and forced Celine to surrender.
"I wonder what that even looks like, a robot body with six or seven CatClaw daggers sticking out of it and nothing else, and zooming around at crazy agility speed."

Nexomon Extinction Return To Normalcy Part 13:  Two More Tyrants

HARDING created 4 copies of Protection Core III to boost the team's DEF by 10%.  NAMANSI and BULLOGAN needed that slot for Stamina Core III instead.  After another leveling session, NAMANSI and RAPNUX learned the ultimate Normal move Disruption Ray with 150 power.  Everyone was at Levels 63-65 before HARDING fought Xanders over the right to revive EURUS.

Xanders began with HERMAN's favorite Rare Nexomon, Level 60 DOMIGATOR.  NAMANSI's Disruption Ray blasted DOMIGATOR for around 132 each.  ARISPAUVA didn't manage to inflict Burning status on Level 60 IMMORTIS (Ghost), but a few hits from Burn destroyed about 45% of its bandages.  BRAUNCER launched Water Blast at Level 59 FORTANK (Mineral) until it retreated, then continued to spray Water Blast + Splash until IMMORTIS was drenched. 

Heal + Disruption Ray drained the last of NAMANSI's Stamina, but it was enough to fry Level 61 BARBORACO (Fire).  BULLOGAN's Double Slash dealt heavy damage to Level 58 BOILGOG (Fire), FORTANK, and Level 58 GRATH (Fire).  FORTANK's shell was Bitten open.  RAPNUX's Disruption Ray seared the remaining Nexomon as if it were VADOS's cutscene laser, and Nadine sent Xanders flying off Drake Isles.

Level 61 ACEGON (Fire) with 633 HP threatened to kill Logan in Cadium, so BRAUNCER and TARRAGON had to save him with Water Blasts and Palm Flurries.  ZIEGLER had a team of a 442 HP DARINE (Psychic) and a TITAN (Ghost) with 699 HP.  DARINE somehow knew Tsunami and flooded the arena for about 111 damage each.  Even BULLOGAN couldn't withstand that with Heal.  But BULLOGAN scared away DARINE when it dropped to 185 HP, even though BULLOGAN would have died in one more hit. 

TITAN had lower ATK than DARINE in exchange for more HP, so BULLOGAN Healed off 66 damage Double Slashes.  Until a 70 damage Rocknite Burst conked BULLOGAN on the head, that is.  BRAUNCER's Water Blast drowned DARINE about 64 HP at a time.  ARISPAUVA's Burning + Invincible was 55 free damage per round, and TITAN fell at last.  HARDING revived BOLZEN and leveled some more in Palmaya to prepare for the Grandmaster challenge. . .

Stats and Equipment

NAMANSI Level 66, Ultra Rare

HP:  231
ST:  188
ATK:  152
DEF:  95
SPD:  124

Rock Wall
Disruption Ray
Heal
Meteor Strike

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Destruction Core III
Stamina Core III

ARISPAUVA Level 66, Rare

HP:  212
ST:  164
ATK:  133
DEF:  91
SPD:  144

Burn
Stamina Surge
Incinerate
Invincible

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Protection Core II
Destruction Core III

BULLOGAN Level 65, Rare

HP:  235
ST:  192
ATK:  139
DEF:  96
SPD:  116

Double Slash
Heal
Leaf Dance
Bite

Synergy Core III
Experience Core II
Destruction Core III
Stamina Core III

TARRAGON Level 65, Mega Rare

HP:  212
ST:  166
ATK:  147
DEF:  111
SPD:  122

Scratch
Electrode
Palm Flurry
Electric Force

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Protection Core III
Destruction Core III

RAPNUX Level 66, Mega Rare

HP:  223
ST:  164
ATK:  141
DEF:  100
SPD:  139

Gust
Scratch
Disruption Ray
Gusty Storm

Experience Core II
Synergy Core III
Protection Core III
Destruction Core III

BRAUNCER Level 66, Common

HP:  239
ST:  166
ATK:  127
DEF:  111
SPD:  118

Splash
Water Blast
Double Slash
Plasma Star

Synergy Core III
Experience Core III
Destruction Core III
Protection Core III

EDIT:  HERMAN barely won the Grandmaster challenge at Levels 63-65, so I'll probably need to go up to 70 (?) to win with the Normals.

Nexomon Extinction Return To Normalcy Part 14:  Choking At The Elite 4

HARDING leveled his Normals to 70, picked up another Healthy Charm in Haunted Woods, and set out for Parum to fight the Grandmaster gauntlet.  Nolan (Water), Finn (Fire), and Riley (Electric) were there to wear the team down rather than be interesting opponents.  By the time the Normals limped to the final Admin fight at Levels 70-71, they looked like this:

TARRAGON:  171/230 HP, 105/168 Stamina

BRAUNCER:  144/256 HP, 165/168 Stamina, Burning

ARISPAUVA:  104/227 HP, 80/166 Stamina

BULLOGAN:  232/256 HP, 60/195 Stamina

RAPNUX:  131/236 HP, 65/166 Stamina

NAMANSI:  163/244 HP, 59/190 Stamina, Burning

Healthy Charms and Workout Charms had passively restored HP and Stamina.  Otherwise the team would have been in even worse shape.  This especially helped TARRAGON since a pseudo Electric was needed to lead against Nolan, and therefore it had more fights to rest.  TARRAGON's Palm Flurries slapped down Level 63 LIONESS (Normal).  TARRAGON had low HP by then and a Psy Geyser from Level 61 OROLOGIKUS (Psychic) knocked it out.

BULLOGAN's Leaf Dances gave OROLOGIKUS stage fright and made it run to Level 63 TUNDROX (Psychic).  Leaf Dance and Bite were used until BULLOGAN was Tired, and BULLOGAN spent a turn recovering before one last Leaf Dance against OROLOGIKUS.  Psy Geyser erupted on BULLOGAN and RAPNUX entered the arena.  Gusty Storm cleaned OROLOGIKUS's clock, and also blew away TUNDROX.  RAPNUX outlasted its own Stamina bar against Level 61 GLUNCH (Psychic) and was able to use one last Gusty Storm before a Psychic Bomb exploded.

BRAUNCER's Water Blast washed away GLUNCH's ice cream, and dripped on Level 63 HORGET (Psychic) for around 55 per hit.  Burning damage from the Finn battle charred BRAUNCER at last and ARISPAUVA Incinerated HORGET.  Admin's last Nexomon was stolen from both HERMAN and HARDING:  a Level 62 RAPNUX.  NAMANSI was also Burning and had low Stamina, but might have won with Disruption Ray if not for "Stunned!" from Spinning Kick.  Burning damage from Finn had claimed its last victim.

DEATH COUNT:  3

HARDING and the Normals traveled the small world again to level to 72.  By this time, diminishing returns in experience points was setting in.  I was sick of my Nexomon being Frozen, Burning, or Demotivated all the time, so I swapped out the Synergy Core III for Immunity Core III, which gives 15% ailment evasion.

The team was in this state before the 2nd attempt at Admin:

TARRAGON:  101/233 HP, 88/168 Stamina

BRAUNCER:  88/259 HP, 113/168 Stamina

ARISPAUVA:  100/231 HP, 32/167 Stamina

BULLOGAN:  181/259 HP, 28/195 Stamina

RAPNUX:  242/242 HP, 162/167 Stamina

NAMANSI:  116/251 HP, 49/192 Stamina

Some of HARDING's monsters did worse than before in the previous matches, but at least they weren't Burning this time.  TARRAGON's Electric Force shocked LIONESS to below half HP, but the dragon fell to a Plasma Star.  ARISPAUVA cast Incinerate until low on Stamina, then Flame for its low cost against OROLOGIKUS.  OROLOGIKUS's Plasma Cannon shot down ARISPAUVA and NAMANSI stepped up.  Even with a damage penalty, NAMANSI's Disruption Ray + Meteor Strike was enough to shut down OROLOGIKUS.  TUNDROX's Plasma Star shone on NAMANSI.

BULLOGAN tried Leaf Dance and Bite on TUNDROX until it switched to HORGET.  HORGET tagged out to TUNDROX, and a Plasma Star miss let BULLOGAN have the last Leaf Dance before Psy Ray seared it to death.  BRAUNCER's Water Blast soaked TUNDROX, but to its horror learned that HORGET could "recover some HP", or rather its whole health bar.   scared 

The penalty for that recovery must have been HORGET "Meditating!" for one round.  BRAUNCER's Water Blast pounded most of HORGET's health bar until my fake Water type was blown to pieces with a Psychic Bomb.  RAPNUX was the sole survivor and most valuable player.  With Gusty Wind and Disruption Ray, RAPNUX destroyed HORGET, GLUNCH, LIONESS, and the rival RAPNUX.  GLUNCH and RAPNUX were still at full HP when my RAPNUX was sent out!  HARDING won with his last Nexomon at only 16/242 HP.  It's sad when a battle is so close when you're about 10 levels higher, but they had to win 3 previous fights and conquer the last opponent at a type disadvantage.

Stats and Equipment

NAMANSI Level 72, Ultra Rare

HP:  251
ST:  192
ATK:  166
DEF:  103
SPD:  134

Rock Wall
Disruption Ray
Heal
Meteor Strike

Immunity Core III
Experience Core III
Destruction Core III
Stamina Core III

ARISPAUVA Level 72, Rare

HP:  231
ST:  167
ATK:  145
DEF:  100
SPD:  157

Flame
Headbutt
Incinerate
Invincible

Immunity Core III
Experience Core III
Protection Core II
Destruction Core III

BULLOGAN Level 72, Rare

HP:  259
ST:  195
ATK:  154
DEF:  106
SPD:  128

Double Slash
Heal
Leaf Dance
Bite

Immunity Core III
Experience Core II
Destruction Core III
Stamina Core III

TARRAGON Level 72, Mega Rare

HP:  233
ST:  168
ATK:  162
DEF:  123
SPD:  134

Scratch
Electrode
Palm Flurry
Electric Force

Immunity Core III
Experience Core III
Protection Core III
Destruction Core III

RAPNUX Level 72, Mega Rare

HP:  242
ST:  167
ATK:  154
DEF:  108
SPD:  150

Gust
Scratch
Disruption Ray
Gusty Storm

Experience Core II
Immunity Core III
Protection Core III
Destruction Core III

BRAUNCER Level 72, Common

HP:  259
ST:  168
ATK:  138
DEF:  121
SPD:  128

Splash
Water Blast
Double Slash
Plasma Star

Immunity Core III
Experience Core III
Destruction Core III
Protection Core III

ARISPAUVA will likely use Burn + Invincible for the final battles, since that tactic works better on high HP Legendary bosses than standard fights.

Nexomon Extinction Return To Normalcy Finale

Xanders's last stand in the Tamer's Guild tower featured a Level 65-67 team.  BRAUNCER and BOILGOG (Fire) exchanged Water Blasts and Incinerates until the latter died.  WARGOYLE (Mineral) liked to Pummel RAPNUX, but Gusty Storm erosion was more efficient.  Gusty Wind also weathered RUSTUNG (Mineral) until it tagged out to BLIZZAUR (Water).  TARRAGON's Electric Force zapped BLIZZAUR and made it switch to RUSTUNG.

One Palm Flurry missed, though another connected and pulverized RUSTUNG.  TARRAGON kept using Palm Flurry against GRATH (Fire) until low on HP, and then let NAMANSI's Disruption Ray finish it off.  A second Disruption Ray erased BLIZZAUR, and a third injured TRESAUR (Mineral).  TRESAUR fought back with a 102 damage Meteor Shower, which was too much for even NAMANSI to Heal.  BULLOGAN defeated Xanders's starter with Double Slashes and a Bite.

TARRAGON took the lead when Edward began his Level 65-66 battle with DOMIGATOR.  I don't recall my DOMIGATOR ever being able to recover HP, but Edward's did somehow.  It wasn't enough to avoid death by Electric Force.   GRADOW (Ghost) was next, and ARISPAUVA took heavy damage from Arcane Curse before forcing GRADOW to tag out to SHARDBERG (Psychic).  BULLOGAN needed to Heal to withstand SHARDBERG’s Psy Geysers, but Leaf Dances exhausted the enemy.

FOREER (Plant) was an unusual case when it cast Natural Heal, a move similar to Ingrain in Pokemon.  FOREER could no longer switch out in exchange for restoring 31 HP per round.  BULLOGAN’s Double Slash machete cut FOREER’s foliage for around 100 per turn until running out of Stamina.  Bullet Seed pelted ARISPAUVA until it fainted.  (Readers are probably wondering how PQube avoided lawsuits for reusing some Pokemon-specific move names. . .)  RAPNUX sent FOREER into the air with a Gusty Storm.

BRAUNCER exorcised GRADOW with Water Blast and Splash no matter how much it tried to Heal.  Water Blast also knocked LUMEREI down to around half HP before BRAUNCER switched to NAMANSI.  Disruption Ray reduced the Fire starter to ashes, and eliminated GOBLAT (Electric) as it sent NAMANSI to critical HP with Thunder.

PROTOVADOS started with 1052 HP and a Ghost type.  ARISPAUVA fell into a 139 (!) strength Eternal Darkness after failing to inflict Burning on the boss.  BRAUNCER did its part in the Fire phase by shooting Water Blast while taking Solar Flares.  When PROTOVADOS was at 659 HP, NAMANSI took the place of the fallen BRAUNCER.  PROTOVADOS changed to Water as NAMANSI aimed 142 damage Disruption Rays at him.  Tsunami crashed on NAMANSI for 116 with a critical hit, but once PROTOVADOS cast a weaker Hydro Sphere instead.

NAMANSI built a Rock Wall high enough that only a 27 damage trickle Tsunami breached it.  Heal + Rock Wall allowed NAMANSI to endure into the Wind and Electric phases and shoot one last Disruption Ray before depleting its Stamina.  Or did it?  NAMANSI was Tired for a bit and cast another Disruption Ray in the Plant phase.  TARRAGON suffered through a Thorn Pit and a Leaf Dance before delivering the last Palm Flurry.

Amelie was the last human opponent in the game and had a Levels 66-67 team.  BRAUNCER sprayed Water Blasts at NOOCIDAL, and BULLOGAN Leaf Danced around FELIBLANQO (Psychic) before Biting it to death.  BULLOGAN Double Slashed the enemy NAMANSI.  When BULLOGAN stopped to Heal, HAINOK (Water) appeared.  BULLOGAN used Leaf Dance and Double Slash until HAINOK was at critical HP.  BULLOGAN ran out of Stamina and switched to TARRAGON, who finished off HAINOK with Electrode.

TARRAGON swept down on the injured NAMANSI with Palm Flurry + Electrode.  The fiercest Nexomon on Amelie’s team was DRACON, a Fire type Legendary with 391 HP.  TARRAGON’s Palm Flurries slapped DRACON until it fell to around half HP, and my Normal dragon couldn’t stay in the arena any longer with 79 damage Incinerates.  RAPNUX’s Gusty Storm and Gust brought down the TRESAUR (Mineral) from full HP, and Disruption Ray + Gusty Storm slew DRACON.

BRAUNCER drowned one of VADOS’s 265 HP bars with Water Blast, in spite of Meteor Shower and Super Slam.  ARISPAUVA tried Burn, but VADOS was probably immune to Burning.  Incinerate vaporized the second HP bar, and drained much of the third until a Meteor Shower hit ARISPAUVA like Chicxulub.  NAMANSI’s Meteor Strikes finished off the third HP bar, and with the defensive tactic of Rock Wall + Heal, NAMANSI also destroyed the fourth and final HP bar. 

Thus ended the Return to Normalcy.  The final fight with VADOS vs. the Tyrants was more like an interactive cutscene than a battle.  At least NIVALIS wasn’t left out this time!  The postgame is about catching the other Legendary Nexomon, so I’m not sure if there are any battles left for the Normals to fight. 

The Tributes from the Vaults are necessary for capturing Legendary dragons, who are still hostile to the player character since they’re programmed to think of EURUS as the “King of Monsters”.  The blueprints for the resurrection machine can be given to Logan who will help you revive Omnicron’s children in exchange for Shards.

All of the Normals were at Levels 72-73 by the end, which wasn’t too different from my expectations.   In comparison, HERMAN’s highest level Nexomon was at 67.  Normal is a weak element, but ironically makes for a decent monotype team since their secondary attack type depends on the monster family. 

NAMANSI had a weak beginning as DINJA with only Rocky Rift, but gained the best Normal attack and the defenses of Rock Wall + Heal by the end.  Plasma Star was a reliable Normal move until Disruption Ray arrived.  Meteor Strike was almost redundant at times since Mineral was a mediocre complement to Normal attacks.  If NAMANSI had infinite Stamina, it could probably fight solo. 

RAPNUX was good from beginning to end since it was a single stage Mega Rare from a sidequest.  Wind wasn’t a complement to Normal, but Gusty Storm was a fast move relative to its power, and Disruption Ray was as powerful for RAPNUX as it was for NAMANSI.  RAPNUX had to rely on its stats rather than any special moves for defenses.

ARISPAUVA was perhaps the opposite of NAMANSI.  As a PAUPO at the beginning of the game, it could fight well with an early Incinerate.  But it had to wait until Level 40 to evolve, and even then it suffered from low DEF.  Burn + Invincible was a good combination against Legendary monsters when it worked, but it was unreliable.

When BRAUNCER was a middle stage PUGGARD, it suffered from low DEF.  Even its final form never learned more powerful moves than Water Blast and Plasma Star.  BRAUNCER partially made up for its lack of ATK with DEF and HP, and its Water element was a decent answer to Normal’s weakness of Ghost.  BRAUNCER would probably not be used on a multiplayer team if that existed in Nexomon Extinction.

BULLOGAN didn’t have Rock Wall, but it still had Heal and good stats and therefore was one of the better defensive Normal Nexomon.  Like NAMANSI, it could have used infinite Stamina.  Leaf Storm was both accurate and super effective against Psychics, one of the worst elements Normals had to fight.  After Heal, its moveset was effectively stagnant.

TARRAGON was a burden at the beginning.  BASIL’s moveset was disappointing, and it was only when it learned Palm Flurry and Electric Force that it became valuable.  Palm Flurry had high power and had a Stun chance, while Electric Force zapped the common Water and Wind types.  TARRAGON took heavier damage than a Mega Rare Nexomon should have, but then again the characters in the game said dragons had a DEF deficiency.  There was some competition for the slot of “Normal + Electric”, and in an alternate timeline I may have used GOATLANCHE or NINSTUFF instead.

Nexomon Extinction Return To Normalcy Postscript

HARDING learned from Admin in Parum that the Tyrants' former tamers released Nexomon like MULCIMER and NIVALIS into the wild.  The player character's SOLUS transformation was available, but I somehow managed to stuff it into the PC to maintain the all-Normal team.

HARDING resurrected all the relatives he could find:  Fenrir as FONA, Celine as VENTRA, Mentor as GRUNDA, Merida as ARQUA, Zetta as LUXA, and Deena as NARA.  Some were in their locations in the story, like FONA and VENTRA, but others were new enemies.  HARDING never faced LUXA, GRUNDA, or NARA until the postgame.  Nexomon Extinction is a game where you can catch your mom in a Poke Ball Nexotrap.

For those who don't know the story, GRUNDA was the Tyrant who blasted open the crater where New Ignitia lies.  ARQUA didn't have a "tomb" in Frozen Tundra even though HARDING met her there, but there was a clue in some of the bad jokes about her.  Merida was also a volleyball player, and was furious at being beaten by Atlas the robot.  Where was the one location where HARDING could expect volleyball?  The beaches of Palmaya!  (Didn't make that connection at the time, but it made sense after catching ARQUA.)

Palmaya was otherwise just an optional location with an unusual variety of wild Nexomon, so it was surprising to see it become relevant for a postgame subplot.  Nexomon Extinction has a small world, and no new areas open up after you beat the game, unlike in Pokemon White where the whole northeastern side of the map is blocked off in the main story.

GRUNDA was inside the cave where HARDING fought Hannah in order to rescue Atlas.

Besides the ancient Tyrants, HARDING used his Tributes to lure Legendary dragons.  GRALOON (Mineral), the first monster fought in the story, could be found in the Tyrant graveyard near Lateria.  GLAMOND (Water) was in a side area of Frozen Tundra.  TYRAKE (Wind) was on top of a ruined dais in Drake Isles, and this was considered unusual in the Database since dragons usually flew elsewhere to hunt Tyrants.    

There was one Legendary that was acceptable to a Normal only challenge:  WYVERNE.  WYVERNE resided in the ruined town in the Outlands with the missing child quest.  Lydia revealed that this town was Royalle City, one of the places that Amelie wanted to avenge by creating VADOS.  WYVERNE came with the following stats without any Core equipment:

Level 69

HP:  263
ST:  174
ATK:  142
DEF:  116
SPD:  135

Its secondary attack element was Fire, making it a replacement for ARISPAUVA.  But the two Nexomon had different roles.  ARISPAUVA hoped to stall with Burning status + Invincible, while Fire was almost an afterthought for WYVERNE since it was stuck with Fire Stigma.  WYVERNE did have Disruption Ray like NAMANSI and RAPNUX.

But there was almost nothing left for WYVERNE to fight.  Catching Legendaries was easy with either Golden Nexotraps for instant victory, or Perfect Berries + elemental Nexotrap if I felt like giving them a fair battle.  No new tamers appeared on the world map, and RAPNUX destroyed the few Levels 67-70 Frozen Tundra bandits who were foolhardy enough to attack HARDING.  With no multiplayer mode available (yet), the postgame is only for players who like to complete their Pokedex Database.

Still, I got 3 playthroughs out of Nexomon Extinction, and possibly more if I return to the game after enough time passes.  Story Mode is superior to recent Pokemon entries because of the higher difficulty, and many variants are possible with Custom Mode options.  There are even options specifically for a "Nuzlocke" playthrough if you're looking for that.

Nexomon Extinction Mineral Only Challenge Part 1

superdeath probably isn't reading Nexomon Extinction posts, but if they are, they'd probably approve of this monotype run.  Mineral is a combination of Rock, Ground, and Steel from the Pokemon games, with these notable matchups:

Bad:  Water, Wind
Good:  Fire, Electric
Shouldn't Be Neutral, But Is:  Plant, Mineral
Mutually Ineffective:  Psychic

Deena is nice to the player at the beginning and offers starters of all types, not just 3.  BROCK the future King of Monsters took Trebly the Mineral type and promptly lost to Graloon the Mineral dragon.  Trebly gained a couple of levels from wild Nexomon in Ulzar's tomb cave before returning to the surface.

It seemed like the desert west of Lateria would be an ideal place for wild Mineral types, but was actually a home for Fire types like Lumbi and Blit.  The creatures BROCK was looking for were actually east of Lateria.  Bouldion the common monster was first, followed by Worb the Rare spider. 

More Mineral Nexomon were available on the tropical island of Palmaya, but all types were represented there.  Along the way, BROCK accidentally entered the line of sight of a Water specialist route trainer with a Level 9 Hydrip
and a Level 7 Snaibble.  Neither Trebly, Bouldion, nor Worb had any Normal moves to get around their resistances, so they were promptly soaked with Hydro Spheres and Splashes.  Oops!

In Palmaya, the Mega Rare monster Waser was caught on a western screen.  Waser had the advantage of knowing Double Slash, a Normal move with a chance to cause Demotivate status.  Demotivate is similar to the "lose a turn" chance that Paralysis has in Pokemon.  Moonica was the second Nexomon, which looked a bit like a girl with a small rock orbiting her body.  Moonica had the usual Mineral move Rock Punch, though its Sandstorm had a 30% chance to confuse an enemy.

BROCK's party defeated the trainers on Palmaya and grew to about Levels 8-9 before returning to the mainland.  I checked the database to learn when BROCK's Nexomon would evolve.  Worb grew early at Level 12, Trebly had 16 similarly to Pokemon starters, Bouldion would have to wait until 21, and Moonica would reach her second form at 14.  Waser must have been an immigrant from Unova:  it would have to wait until Level 45!

In Parum, BROCK talked to the move relearner to check out future movesets.  Mineral monsters apparently learn Heal and Rock Wall at higher levels, suggesting a defensive type.

Since one "extinct" Nexomon was eligible for the challenge, BROCK challenged the Experimental Lure guy to a battle.  Waser Double Slashed and Scratched Florozard to pieces.  Hyphoon was a Wind type and Confused Moonica with a Twin Tornado.  Moonica hit itself once for minor damage and cast Rocknite Blast as Hyphoon tried Spinning Kick.  (But Hyphoon had no legs!)  Hyphoon switched out to the Psychic type Divette, who missed with a Psychic Blast.  Hyphoon came back as Trebly hit it with Rocknite.  Hyphoon continued to strike with Spinning Kick.  Worb was the hero of the battle when it Rock Punched both Divette and Hyphoon to death.

Waser learned Screech, a 15% debuff to enemy Attack and Defense.  To start the next story mission, BROCK walked south and encountered the antagonist team in dark cloaks and masks.  One of their members had the misfortune to send out a whole team that was weak to Mineral:  Eqo (Electric), Ribombo (Fire), and Scaratic (Electric).  Worb Rock Punched the enemies until running out of Stamina, until Bouldion came in and dropped a Rocknite on Ribombo.

Worb got its revenge on the Water trainer in the Outlands by clobbering Hydrip with Normal type Combos.  After fighting its way to Frozen Lake, it evolved into its middle form Parchidna.

BROCK opened Vault #8 along the way to Frozen Tundra, but he really wanted the rocks inside so he could craft them into experience point cores later.  Blizzstrong in Frozen Tundra was the extinct Mineral type Brock was looking for, and he immediately tossed a Golden Nexotrap (i.e. Master Ball) at it as soon as it was spotted.  Catching the yeti was worth it for a higher Attack stat at Level 10 than even Level 12 Parchidna.  Then again, Blizzstrong would never evolve, so it would have to be as good as its siblings Rapnux and Florozard from previous playthroughs.

Will the Mineral team be able to take on a half HP Nivalis the Water Tyrant in Frozen Lake?

Nexomon Extinction Mineral Only Challenge Part 2

If you agree with Coco the cat that you should run away and change your names instead of helping Videll in Frozen Cave, he's surprised and insists on finding her.  The screen turns black, and Coco says "I guess that I'll have to be the moral compass around here".  Didn't see that scene in earlier playthroughs!

The party confronted Nivalis at Levels 11-13, with Waser taking the lead.  Waser Screeched to decrease the Tyrant's stats just before taking a Water Blast that cut its HP to slightly above half.  Waser Double Slashed for 12 damage when Nivalis had 95 HP at the time.  When low on health, Waser tagged out to Moonica, who lost more than half its HP to Water Blast on the switch.  Freeze failed, giving Moonica a chance to try to Confuse the boss with Sandstorm.  That didn't work, but two Sandstorms hit for 10 total.

At 1 HP, Moonica switched to Blizstrong, who dodged a Bubble Attack.  Rock Punch was a weak jab for about 8, while Water Blast doused the sasquatch for 17.  Trebly was next to appear, though like Blizstrong it only had Mineral moves.  Rocknite tickled Nivalis for 4 power.  Nivalis responded by soaking it with a 16 damage Hydro Sphere. 

Bouldion was the designated sacrifice since it had only 5 power Rocknites.  Water Blast drowned Bouldion, and it was up to Parchidna the spider to save BROCK.  A critical Hydro Sphere burst on Parchidna for 15, about 1/3 of its HP.  A critical Combo pummeled Nivalis for 15, and one more Combo + Rock Punch forced the Tyrant to retreat.  Waser learned Pummel, a Normal move with less power than Double Slash with a higher Demotivate chance.

Moonica evolved into Moonette after beating up a wild Florozard outside of Frozen Lake.  BROCK returned to the Orphanage to battle the Grunts who were holding the kids hostage.  (Trainers don't have names or classes in Nexomon Extinction:  Grunt is just my name for them.)  Grunt #1 had a Pongo, Resonic, and Lurkost.  Only the last of the three was neutral to Mineral:  the other two were Fire and Electric.  Trebly defeated Pongo and dealt significant damage to the others.  Blizstrong Rock Punched the survivors and Bouldion finally learned its first Normal move Plasma.

Grunt #2 led with the Plant type Outgrov, who poisoned Trebly with Blooming Spores.  Trebly switched out to Blizstrong, who experimented with Sacred Mineral, a move similar to Pokemon's Substitute in that it took some damage in place of the user.  Scalder the Water Nexomon was the next opponent, but Rock Punch made it fall to the ground.  Skerdi the Ghost type was last, though it was corporeal enough to suffer two Rock Punches.

Grunt #3 opened with the Mineral type Rust, which the still-Poisoned Trebly smote with Rocknite.  Waser Double Slashed the Plant monster Snush twice to win the battle.

Next up for Team Mineral is to hopefully evolve Trebly to its second form so it's no longer weaker than its companions.  The Haunted Woods shouldn't give many problems to BROCK's Nexomon, though any Psychic types will be annoying.  Normal doesn't make a good attack combination with Mineral as Psychic resists both.

Nexomon Extinction Mineral Only Challenge Part 3

In Haunted Woods, the party confronted various Psychic and Ghost trainers until Trebly grew to Level 16.  This was a climactic moment for the starter:  it evolved into Treclay and learned Rock Wall.  Rock Wall is Nexomon Extinction's answer to Reflect and Light Screen.  Damage is reduced by 70% on the first turn, 50% on the second turn, and 30% on the final turn.  With this move, Treclay became the team's counter to Psychic types, and Wind and Water to a lesser extent.

Hannah the bandit in The Immortal Citadel opened with Croncho the Water type, and BROCK led with Blizstrong.  Croncho switched to Worb, only for Moonette to squash the spider with Rock Punches.  Croncho dodged the next Rock Punch and sprayed a 22 power Water Blast on Moonette.  To avoid the loss of experience from a KO, Moonette tagged out to Parchidna.  Parchidna had to endure a 22 strength Ice Assault on the switch and a 19 power Hydro Sphere in the next round, but hunted the gator with a Combo.  Last was Lovinu the Psychic type, which Treclay outlasted with Rock Wall defense and Rocknite attacks. 

Eliza had unleashed several wild Nexomon in The Immortal Citadel to test the party's power.  Blizstrong took Monkapow's Headbutts and responded with Rock Punches.  Blizstrong learned a skill called Sleep Song, which only had a 30% chance of inflicting Sleep.  Pokemon handles status ailments better than Nexomon Extinction.  In the latter, you're better off using an attack with a side effect than a dedicated status move.  Imagine if Thunder were a superior paralysis move to Thunder Wave, and you'll have the right idea.

Bouldion injured the Ghost mummy Carcaros until Darkness spells forced it to switch to Waser.  Waser struck Carcaros with Rock Barrages until switching to Treclay.  Treclay set up Rock Wall and cast Rocknite until Carcaros was unwrapped.  Treclay handled the Folicurse solo with Rock Wall + Rocknite.  If Stamina weren't designed to punish solo challenges, perhaps the Mineral starter would be a candidate.

At this point, I checked the evolution levels for BROCK's middle form Nexomon.  Parchidna will evolve at Level 34, Moonette at Level 31, and Treclay at Level 34.  Waser's final transformation had better be good to make up for the requirement!

The last major battle for this part was a man with white face paint and spiked shoulder pads.  Let's call him Team Lobo Admin for now.  (Not to be confused with the "champion" Admin of the Tamer's Guild.)  BROCK led with Treclay against Team Lobo Admin's Wind type bat Dracly.  Rock Wall blunted Dracly's attacks until it switched out to the Fire type Imburion for some reason.  Flame Breath only hurt Treclay for 2 with Rock Wall active, and a Rocknite sent Imburion running back to Dracly.  Dracly Super Punched for about 9 damage, though Treclay continued to throw Rocknite until the bat fell out of the sky. 

Treclay used one 15 damage Rocknite against the Ghost reaper Ripha, but BROCK's starter ran out of Stamina and swapped to Bouldion.  An exchange of Rocknites and Arcane Curses followed until Ripha fainted, and probably Imburion too.  (There's a short gap in the Switch video clips.)  Waser stared down Masqat the middle form Psychic starter.  Waser tried Screech, only for Masqat to tag out to Grimmon the other Ghost repear.  Waser's Rock Barrages fell on Grimmon until it switched back to Masqat. 

Blizstrong set up Sacred Mineral for a "Substitute" as it jabbed Masqat with Rock Punch, and once took 0 damage from Mind Control.  Blizstrong Rock Punched out both Masqat and Grimmon for the win.

By this point, Bouldion was the party liability.  It fell asleep during a duel with Alfred's Level 15 Hohopi, which was meant to be a joke battle!  Bouldion had to switch to Blizstrong to defeat the Normal type rabbit.  BROCK's Minerals are now at Levels 15-18 as they travel through the desert to reach New Ignitia.  Will Treclay's Rock Wall be good enough for Atlanta's Tyrant team of Water types?

Nexomon Extinction Mineral Only Challenge Part 4

Bouldion evolved into its final form Bouldcran after fighting wild Nexomon inside the Vault #3 cave near New Ignitia.  A wild Pebglem had a direct advantage over BROCK's Mineral types when it cast Mineral Siphon.  Not all of BROCK's Nexomon had Normal moves to counter the HP absorption, so Moonette had to switch out in one fight.

BROCK's party was at Levels 19-21 by the time they fought Atlanta in the frozen part of New Ignitia.  Moonette began the battle by Rock Punching the Blizzarm until it switched to Hyphoon.  Moonette continued the Rock Punch assault as Hyphoon hit it with Spinning Kick and Twin Tornado for around 13-16 damage.  Moonette only had 57 max HP, but still managed to knock out Blizzarm when it reappeared. 

When Domigator showed up, BROCK switched to Waser as the sacrifice.  Domigator was one of the stars of the original playthrough, so I knew how dangerous it could be.  Domigator's Water Blast exploded for 32 damage at a point when the Minerals tended to have around 57-66 max HP.  Waser drowned and Treclay took its place.  Ice Assault only hit for 8 with Rock Wall up, though pressure from Water Blasts dwindled Treclay's HP.

Bouldcran evolved just in time, as its Plasma finished off Domigator.  Nivalis was next, and Bouldcran's Plasmas shot the Tyrant down to about 105/177 HP before it was forced to switch out.  Moonette's sacrifice to a Water Blast resulted in one Rock Punch.  Bouldcran died after that before it could shoot a Plasma.  Blizstrong dodged a Bubble Attack and started Rock Punching for around 14-18 power.  Bubble Attack froze Blizstrong, and Parchidna was the sole survivor at 33/62 HP when it finished off Nivalis with a Combo.  It was an ugly victory, but BROCK accepted it.

Fenrir as the Fire Tyrant Fona should have been an easy fight with the type advantage, but BROCK was dealing with one of Omnicron's children.  Treclay began with Rock Wall, then started casting Rocknite for a disappointing 15-19 damage when Fona had 249 max health.  Pressure from Incinerate and Burn wore down Treclay until it switched to Wader.  Burn hit for 18 on the switch as Waser Screeched.  Waser died from Fire as easily as it had from Water.

Parchidna was next in BROCK's lineup against Fona, and Rock Punched the Tyrant for about 18-19.  Burn not only damaged the spider directly, but also inflicted Burning status for a 5 HP loss per round.  When Parchidna fell, Fona had 91/240 HP remaining.  Bouldcran made up for its early game weakness by striking Fona down with a 27 power Rocknite, although it was Demotivated for a turn due to a Double Slash.

Jin was the last boss of the New Ignitia segment, and he opened with Kerosion.  Waser Double Slashed the kerosene lamp spirit and inflicted Demotivated on it before it switched to Bisina the Normal type cat.  Blizstrong Rock Punched it down to critical HP in spite of a 26 damage Super Slam, and finished off both monsters when they came back. 

Moonette drew first blood against Jin's Fire Tyrant Mulcimer with a 23 power Rock Punch.  Mulcimer wasn't related to Omnicron so it only had 204 max HP.  Mulcimer singed Moonette with 14 power Blazes until it tagged out to the Fire bear Grath.  Moonette tagged out to Parchidna as a critical Bite tore away 16 HP from the spider.  Parchidna knocked out Grath with Rock Punches and evaded a Flame Breath.  Parchidna kept Rock Punching Mulcimer until it was at red health and switched to Bouldcran.  Bouldcran slew its second Fire Tyrant with 25-27 power Rocknites while still at around half HP.

After the battle, Moonette learned Stamina Surge, which recovers 50 Stamina when used.  That move is wasted on an offensive Nexomon!  Waser was now the weakest member of the team, so it took the lead against wild enemies in the Vault #4 cave.  Everyone is now at Levels 21-24 as they prepare for the Drake Isles.

EDIT:  It seems the Minerals are a couple of levels lower than the Normals, who needed to be 23-26 to get past Fona.  Type advantage does count for something, even if the effects are more moderate than in Pokemon.  Waser is the Paupo of this playthrough in terms of the "late evolution Nexomon".